Georgia Tech in navy

HedleyLamarr

first time ive seen Tech in gold/navy/gold too

I love Tech's blue jerseys, but HATE that shad of gold...it looks awful

If they could just switch the gold back to what they had it would be a great uniform, even considering the Russell template.

I find it interesting that they wore white every game this season until this point, and in this game chose the alternate navy jersey over the original gold jersey.

temp.png

I like it a little bit, if only because the golds actually come close to matching.

Other than that, it really looks weird to see Georgia Tech in blue. I'm too used to seeing them in white or gold.

I thought they looked different, but I couldn't place it. Thanks TC.

They're currently getting beat pretty bad in those jerseys.

I don't think they'll be wearing those Blues ever again.

zqsjk.png

dyu9sx.png

"Why would anybody ever eat anything besides breakfast food?"-Leslie Knope (Amy Poehler), Parks and Recreation

I find it interesting that they wore white every game this season until this point, and in this game chose the alternate navy jersey over the original gold jersey.

IIRC this set has no gold jersey (unless the early 70s throwback counts). just white and blue.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

IIRC this set has no gold jersey (unless the early 70s throwback counts). just white and blue.

There is a gold jersey, but it was never worn this season. Here is a pic from the press conference this past summer announcing the new GT/Russell Athletic deal-

Picture%202.jpg

Tech has worn blue twice in the past 3 years ('06 ACC championship, '08 Peach Bowl) and both of those games went very poorly, so I would be surprised to see the blue jersey again in the near future....

1939083.jpeg

AU-USU-Scoreboard.gif

yet another reason all those *OFFICIAL <league name here>* threads tend to be a bad idea...I completely missed the gold jerseys until now, whereas if there was a "Georgia Tech unveils new uniforms" thread, I would've seen it and thus not looked dumb.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

I thought they looked different, but I couldn't place it. Thanks TC.

They're currently getting beat pretty bad in those jerseys.

Are you talking to me? I am so confused. And tired. And I am looking for a shoebox.

1/27/09- It was me, and I am sorry.

Their new navy uniforms are making their debut in the Peach Chick-Fil-A Bowl. It's that same design that some blurry photograph had months ago.

They look strange.....

I hate that they changed the name of this bowl, it was fine when it was the Chic-Fil-a Peach Bowl. But it was still the Peach Bowl.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

Their new navy uniforms are making their debut in the Peach Chick-Fil-A Bowl. It's that same design that some blurry photograph had months ago.

They look strange.....

I hate that they changed the name of this bowl, it was fine when it was the Chic-Fil-a Peach Bowl. But it was still the Peach Bowl.

Had this discussion with my brother and his girlfriend last night. If it's the Chick-fil-A Peach Bowl, then sportswriters and other media types will refer to it as the Peach Bowl after first reference. But if it's the Chick-fil-A Bowl, you can't get around that. It gives Chick-fil-A (and other bowls who have done the same thing) more bang for their sponsorship buck.

That said, I call it the Peach when talking to friends. Always will.

They look strange.....

Had this discussion with my brother and his girlfriend last night. If it's the Chick-fil-A Peach Bowl, then sportswriters and other media types will refer to it as the Peach Bowl after first reference. But if it's the Chick-fil-A Bowl, you can't get around that. It gives Chick-fil-A (and other bowls who have done the same thing) more bang for their sponsorship buck.

That said, I call it the Peach when talking to friends. Always will.

I'm surprised newspapers don't refer to it as the "Atlanta Bowl" seeing that they're not being paid to repeat the Chick-Fil-A name.

Tech has worn blue twice in the past 3 years ('06 ACC championship, '08 Peach Bowl) and both of those games went very poorly, so I would be surprised to see the blue jersey again in the near future....

1939083.jpeg

Great color combo ruined by a horrendous jersey.. The number font is great. The stripes and side panels are just ridiculous.

BB52Big.jpg

I don't think they'll be wearing those Blues ever again.

Much like Syracuse's navy hoops jerseys...two time losers.

I'm gonna go off topic here, but for some reason Syracuse's navy alts have grown on me. I even got one for Christmas even though they're bad luck on the court

ffMc5dZ.png

Twitter: @RyanMcD29

I'm gonna go off topic here, but for some reason Syracuse's navy alts have grown on me. I even got one for Christmas even though they're bad luck on the court

I agree that they look great, but their appearance ticked me off last year for another reason. The power in my neighborhood even went out right after tip-off of the ND game last year. :D

Love that graphic in your sig.

Visit Blogging the Bracket, SBNation's Bracketology and College Hoops Rambling site and Follow me on Twitter

Reasonable minds can differ, but I'm right. - Jay Bilas

Archived