Chargers Power Blue's

dennisbergan

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In the NHL a team can wear a throwback/alt in place of a road or home uni, but it has to be for the entire playoffs. For example the Maple Leafs (when they make the post season :( ) usually choose to wear their throwback alts for road games rather then their regular white road sweaters.

So a similar rule may exist in the NFL, that being that San Diego is allowed to wear the powder blues for the playoffs rather then their standard navy home unis if they so choose.

Why are they called "Power" blue? It's probably because they're Chargers, right? Oooooh... clever! Pay the man that thought of that. :P

1/27/09- It was me, and I am sorry.

Great, I love that uniform.

However, it will tick off my Charger crazy 8 year old. He loves him some LT but he hates those powder blue unis.

He might see it as a girl color since his sister considers light blue to be her color (last year it was purple, before that it was pink, etc.)

Although there are a few out there who don't care for the powder blues, it's been proven in poll after poll that an overwhelming majority of the Charger fans prefer the powder over the navy. Walk around town, go to a game, the powder blue is everywhere. Kudos to the bolts for doing this.

I think im one of the only people on here who thinks the entire Chargers set is crap.

If certain tweaks were made, it would look descent. But they excecuted it very poorly in my opinion.

Anyways, I dont think it'll matter what uniform they wear, I think theyre stuill going to lose with it. Im not saying this just because i'm a die hard Colts, fan, but I honestly do think so. Everyone says how hot the Chargers are but theyre forgetting how hot the Colts have been. Indy's gonna roll all over em.

Jimmy Eat World

jimmysig.jpg

realsaltlake.pngsaltlake-1.png

I think im one of the only people on here who thinks the entire Chargers set is crap.

If certain tweaks were made, it would look descent. But they excecuted it very poorly in my opinion.

Anyways, I dont think it'll matter what uniform they wear, I think theyre stuill going to lose with it. Im not saying this just because i'm a die hard Colts, fan, but I honestly do think so. Everyone says how hot the Chargers are but theyre forgetting how hot the Colts have been. Indy's gonna roll all over em.

I hate their set, also. IMO, they were in a weird predicament because their old set was one of the tops in the NFL (when the road jersey was worn with the striped white socks), but their throwback set was one of the best ever. Either one of them would have been great. Instead of going to a tweaked throwback or sticking with what they had, they make a completely unrelated pile of crap. The thing that made the Chargers unis work was (just like the previous two Bengals sets) they took something absurd (lightning/tiger stripes) and confined them within a normal striping position in a relatively traditional uniform. Another huge thing was sticking with the classic block font. Just about all the teams to change unis recently, the Chargers camp up with their own "kewl" set of ridiculous numbers. That takes any potential they have of looking like a good uniform and throws it out the window. There is a lot wrong with their current set.

I do like the powder blue set much more than the navy, but both are far inferior to the previous navy set or the 60s throwbacks. About the only thing saving their current set from Bengals territory is that they haven't worn navy pants with the navy jerseys yet.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

I think the set is crap too!

KISSwall09.jpg

Except for jumping on the leotard sock bandwagon with the road pants, there was nothing wrong with the previous set.

But they were around for about 20 years, so I guess they had to come up with something "fresh".

I much prefer the previous set as well. The home navy blue helmet and jersey were great. That's how a lightning strike looks like, a white bolt with a dark background, not a yellow bolt in a white or powder blue background. ^_^

I saw, I came, I left.

Except for jumping on the leotard sock bandwagon with the road pants, there was nothing wrong with the previous set.

But they were around for about 20 years, so I guess they had to come up with something "fresh".

I much prefer the previous set as well. The home navy blue helmet and jersey were great. That's how a lightning strike looks like, a white bolt with a dark background, not a yellow bolt in a white or powder blue background. ^_^

If you want realistic, why not go all the way and blow people out of the water. Similar to what the Bengals did in the 80s when they shocked the sports world.

lightning.jpg

The new Chargers stuff is textbook "compromise means nobody wins." The powder blue looks green up against yellow and navy, the Agency numbers look thin and weak, and the white helmet, though it looks right with powder blue, looks plain and dull with navy. Oh well.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

There's only one uniform the Chargers should have and this iconic design is it.

tomlinson.jpg

Agreed.

Agreed except make the bolt shape and outline consistent. Make all bolts like the one on the helmet with the same color and weight of the stroke.

So basically, the powder blue jersey they are wearing this sunday is perfect.

There's only one uniform the Chargers should have and this iconic design is it.

tomlinson.jpg

Agreed.

Agreed except make the bolt shape and outline consistent. Make all bolts like the one on the helmet with the same color and weight of the stroke.

So basically, the powder blue jersey they are wearing this sunday is perfect.

Not by a longshot. it IS powder blue, but it's still the "Power Rangers" style jersey--goofy shoulder "strips" and all. What's above, the previous alternate set, is far superior.

And oh BTW...count me among those who say the current Chargers set is butt.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Archived