2009 MLB Season Thread

Gary

Got this from mlbtraderumors.

SI's Jon Heyman reports that Jake Peavy is being dealt to the White Sox again, but doesn't know if he ok'd it

Although i'm not sure weather this is a bs rumor or true as you can't trade a player on the DL unless it was approved by the commissioner :wacko:

They're saying on MLB network that Peavy must have approved it or they wouldn't have been likely to announce it. Who knows? Nice pick up for the White Sox if it's true.

I'm calling bs until I see it from other sources

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2009/07/peav...-sox-again.html

Where do you think I got the source, well USA Today is confirming it and Peavy has approved. In the long run, great trade by the White Sox, but he's going to be out another month. By that time the Twins or Tigers could have run away with the division than what?

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

SI's Jon Heyman reports that Jake Peavy is being dealt to the White Sox again, but doesn't know if he ok'd it

Although i'm not sure weather this is a bs rumor or true as you can't trade a player on the DL unless it was approved by the commissioner :wacko:

They're saying on MLB network that Peavy must have approved it or they wouldn't have been likely to announce it. Who knows? Nice pick up for the White Sox if it's true.

Where do you think I got the source, well USA Today is confirming it and Peavy has approved. In the long run, great trade by the White Sox, but he's going to be out another month. By that time the Twins or Tigers could have run away with the division than what?

Why did Peavy shoot the deal down in the first place, only to approve it now when the situation is exactly the same as before? This deal makes no sense to me at all.

6uXNWAo.png

Why did Peavy shoot the deal down in the first place, only to approve it now when the situation is exactly the same as before? This deal makes no sense to me at all.

According to Fox's Ken Rosenthal Peavy simply had enough. The White Sox really showed that they wanted him and the Padres really showed that they didn't by continuously trying to dump him. Peavy wanted to go where he was wanted.

According to Fox's Ken Rosenthal Peavy simply had enough. The White Sox really showed that they wanted him and the Padres really showed that they didn't by continuously trying to dump him. Peavy wanted to go where he was wanted.

Well I'm sure Atlanta would have welcomed him with open arms. We could put Kawakami in the bullpen as a very expensive relief pitcher haha.

I don't know, I think The MLB Network is probably pretty reliable. :D

BB52Big.jpg

The trade deadline was over a hour ago.... Is this really it?

I was really hoping the Cubs would address their outfield situation (someone to start ahead of Milton Bradley). Ugh.

6uXNWAo.png

Oh come on, look up :P, I posted more after that

The Rolen deal is good

But Rolen has easily been the Jays most consistent hitter outside of Hill but we get Edwin Encarnacion who's been playing great since returning from his injury hopefully it works out but any Reds fans out there know how Roenicke and prospect Zach Stewart pitch?

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

Oh come on, look up :P, I posted more after that

I know. I just couldn't resist busting your chops a little bit. :D

BB52Big.jpg

Oh come on, look up :P , I posted more after that

I know. I just couldn't resist busting your chops a little bit. :D

Well seeing as you are The Ohio State, I can see the dark side ^_^

Nationals trade Johnson to the Marlins.

And the last Expo is no longer with them. (Well, not quite, but you understand.)

Anyone heard of the guy the Nationals got for him? He's a AA pitcher named Aaron Thompson. Baseball Prospectus has him as the 6th best Marlins prospect.

Nationals trade Johnson to the Marlins.

And the last Expo is no longer with them. (Well, not quite, but you understand.)

Anyone heard of the guy the Nationals got for him? He's a AA pitcher named Aaron Thompson. Baseball Prospectus has him as the 6th best Marlins prospect.

A synopsis from RotoTimes.com:

Our View: The Marlins get the high OBP they were searching for in Johnson and the Nats get a lefty who could fit into their starting rotation in the near future. Next year is probably a safer bet, but he may get an audition when the rosters expand in September. We're talking about the Nationals here, so you never know.

LaRoche for Kotchman. Meh.

Apparently, the Padres traded Peavy to the White Sox again.

We traded Kotchman? Aw man, that was one of the best fielding 1B in the game. Lame, I know LaRoche is a better power threat than Kotchman, but that's all he's better than Kotchman at, IMO. Kotchman's WAY better defensively (I don't think he EVER committed an error while he was a Brave) and hits better for average. I think we got the short end of the deal. Not by much, though.

The Rolen deal is good

But Rolen has easily been the Jays most consistent hitter outside of Hill but we get Edwin Encarnacion who's been playing great since returning from his injury hopefully it works out but any Reds fans out there know how Roenicke and prospect Zach Stewart pitch?

Roenicke's played in the majors a couple times, but nothing noteworthy. Stewart on the other hand, might have the most potential of any reds prospect above Double-A. He was a starter until his callup to Triple-A Louisville, where he's made 9 relief appearnaces with an ERA of 0.73

LaRoche for Kotchman. Meh.

Apparently, the Padres traded Peavy to the White Sox again.

We traded Kotchman? Aw man, that was one of the best fielding 1B in the game. Lame, I know LaRoche is a better power threat than Kotchman, but that's all he's better than Kotchman at, IMO. Kotchman's WAY better defensively (I don't think he EVER committed an error while he was a Brave) and hits better for average. I think we got the short end of the deal. Not by much, though.

Casey didn't want to be in the ATL and Wren was looking for other ways to dump him.

The Pirates get prospect Jay Jackson in return from the Cubs.

Jay Jackson?!?

Well I guess it's official. The best team in the entire Indians organization is now The Columbus Clippers.

Nope, it's the Aeros :P

It's crazy, just two years ago the Tribe was a win away from the World Series. Now they are selling everyone off.

Yep, the Tribe have cut their payroll by $25 million this season, freaking unbelievable. We all are led to wonder what would have happened if Carl Willis didn't give Kenny Lofton the stop sign at third in Game 7... there's always 2013!

6fQjS3M.png

Archived