Super Bowl XLIII

Cujo

sb43.png

American Football Conference Champions

Pittsburgh Steelers (12-4)

vs.

National Football Conference Champions

Arizona Cardinals (9-7)

The Big Game is now set. The Cardinals will be going after a Super Bowl title in their very first appearance while the Steelers are going for World Championship number six in their seventh Super Bowl game.

Predictions. Discuss. Etc.

6uXNWAo.png

• Replies 673
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I will pull for the Cardinals for the sake of pulling for an upset. Steelers will not have the weather advantage, which is good, we all know how the Cards play in snow (wink, wink).

1/27/09- It was me, and I am sorry.

Steelers 56, Cardinals 0. I mean, do we really need to play the game? We all know the Steelers are going to win going away. In all seriousness, I'd be shocked if the Cards could keep it within 30.

Check the other thread will.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Super Bowl XLIII

Tampa, Florida - Sunday, February 1, 2009

vs.

Arizona Cardinals (9-7)

The Big Game is now set. The Cardinals will be going after a Super Bowl title in their very first appearance while the Steelers are going for World Championship number six in their seventh Super Bowl game.

Did the Super Bowl change formats? When did they start allowing two NFC teams in?

Sorry...I had to....

Steelers 56, Cardinals 0. I mean, do we really need to play the game? We all know the Steelers are going to win going away. In all seriousness, I'd be shocked if the Cards could keep it within 30.

Seriously Will? Wow you sound like ESPN during the entire NFC playoffs. Do you understand that Wisenhunt is a smarter coach than you think? You know that in every game he has adjusted his defense and offense to meet every play of the Falcons, Panthers and Eagles. Where is the respect, are you thinking they're the same ol' Cards?

Super Bowl XLIII

vs.

Arizona Cardinals (9-7)

Did the Super Bowl change formats? When did they start allowing two NFC teams in?

Sorry...I had to....

Well, the Steelers were "National" before the merger... :rolleyes:

6uXNWAo.png

Super Bowl XLIII

vs.

Arizona Cardinals (9-7)

Sorry...I had to....

Well, the Steelers were "National" before the merger... :rolleyes:

Touche.

Do you understand that Wisenhunt is a smarter coach than you think? You know that in every game he has adjusted his defense and offense to meet every play of the Falcons, Panthers and Eagles.

The Steelers brass didn't think too highly of Wisenhunt after Cowher left and they rejected him, who was a part of Cowher's Super Bowl winning staff, in favor of hiring Mike Tomlin, who was an outsider.

6uXNWAo.png

Do you understand that Wisenhunt is a smarter coach than you think? You know that in every game he has adjusted his defense and offense to meet every play of the Falcons, Panthers and Eagles.

The Steelers brass didn't think too highly of Wisenhunt after Cowher left and they rejected him, who was a part of Cowher's Super Bowl winning staff, in favor of hiring Mike Tomlin, who was an outsider.

It could be a revenge factor on part of Wisenhunt and Grimm to beat the team who rejected them

I don't know when this happened, somewhere during the end of the season, but I am the biggest Cardinals fan, and I am really hoping they pull this off. And no, this game is not over. Everyone's been giving the Cardinals crap about their defense, their running game, etd. but they've proven everybody wrong. Larry Fitzgerald has proved this postseason that he is the best receiver in football, no question. And Edgerrin James proved me wrong. After he made those comments (I didn't come here to block) I thought he was giving up on the season. ESPN's first page read sometime last week: Sorry, Arizona but there no chance you are winning against Philadelphia. Remember Arizona's record in different time zones? And what was the score against Arizona? I can't believe people would say that this Super Bowl is over, especially after what we saw last year.

But more importantly...

Three years ago, a kid in my history class and I made a prediction that, in three years, the Cardinals and Titans would play in the Super Bowl. Now, I know that the Titans didn't make it, but they did have the best record in the NFL. The funny thing is, the reasons why we predicted that the Cardinals and Titans would play was because of Matt Leinart and Vince Young, not because of Kurt Warner and Kerry Collins.

Boy, the NFL avoided the terrible Cardinals/Ravens matchup, but this one is a tough sell. I think Timlin is a good coach and Pittsburgh is the one dynasty fanbase that hasn't totally alienated the rest of sportsdom, so I'm pulling for the Steelers here.

But basically, yecch.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

The Steelers will not walk away with this one and I'm hoping for a heck of a game, It's a bit to early to make a prediction I just want to see what the line will be heading in

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

This should be a good matchup. I was once a Steelers fans when I was a kid, Terry Bradshaw was my idol. But that was back in the late 70's.

I love to see a good upset, and the Cardinals are perfect candidates for it. I think Kurt Warner really rebounded from a mid-career crisis, plus he's got talented wideouts. I dunno, the game should be close, but I am pulling for Arizona.

Archived