Super Bowl XLIII

Cujo

• Replies 673
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I actually think the Cards all red set is their best look.

I would be okay with the all-reds if the Cardinals would (finally) switch to matching red facemasks.

The gray masks look great on them.

The all-red? not so much...

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

Seeing as the Super Bowl is now two days away, I'm gonna go ahead throw out my prediction for the big game...

Pittsburgh Steelers - 28

Arizona Cardinals - 24

Super Bowl MVP: Ben Roethlisberger

6uXNWAo.png

I put this in the other thread, but Imma rehash it here:

With a plus/minus of one Polamalu pick-six...

33-29 'Zona. MVP = Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie.

(Yeah--like he really gon' get that...I just felt like typing out his ridiculously long name. ^_^ )

OH--and how's bout THIS for "conspiracy theories"...

...pundits in several different places (among them several who are still of the belief that the refs gift-wrapped Super Bowl Xtra Large and presented it to the Steelers on a silver platter) are already putting together another interesting little coincidence/"theory" that the NFL powers-that-be are or have already "tilted" this game in the Steelers' favor, not unlike XL which was Jerome Bettis' swan song on his home turf:

Super Bowl 43. Troy Polamalu...jersey number 43.

(Someone went so far as to take it this far: add 4 to 3 and what do you get? Seven. As in, the Steelers' seventh Super Bowl appearance.)

Seriously...someone actually connected all those dots on a a message board I was perusing (don't remember which). Figured I'd share.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Prediction....based on several days of scientific criteria, lab testing, and mulling over random numbers....

Arizona - 26

Pittsburgh - 21

Total Yards...

Arizona - 434

Pittsburgh - 387

Passing Yards...

Arizona - 323

Pittsburgh - 205

Rushing Yards...

Arizona - 111

Pittsburgh - 182

Game M.V.P. - Larry Fitzgerald

John Madden "Brett Favrrrrrrrre" References - 24

Food References - 18

Al Michaels' Voice Reaching Fever Pitches At Opportune Times - 71

willieMcGee_2.jpg

If you inherit Randy Johnson's facial genes, he owes you $97,000 at the very least.

Prediction

Arizona 29 Pittsburgh 26 FOT

Arizona drives down the field with 1:25 to work with to get into Neil Rackers field goal range to tie the game at 26 at the end of regulation to send Super Bowl XLIII into Overtime first time in Super Bowl history, in a back and forth tilt both teams will trade possession until Steve Breaston takes the Mitch Berger punt into Steeler territory 3 quick runs to center the ball by the Edge and Neil Rackers comes on to the field to attempt one of the biggest kicks in NFL History, Call by Marv Albert of Westwood One Radio................. the Ball is snapped...............good hold.....the kick is up................. it's got the distance.. YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The Arizona Cardinals are World Champions.

The Cardinal players rush the field and the Steelers look at them in dismay.

Super Bowl MVP: Kurt Warner 25-42, 310 Yards, 3 TD

Warner sets his hall of fame status in stone

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

Finding myself coming down with an increasingly sore throat and a bronchial fire in my lungs (thanks, daughter) yesterday, I indulged my inner stat geek a little and spent some time on WhatifSports.com, simulating Super Bowl XLIII to predict the result. 150 times.

The summation of those results? If they're to be believed:

- The Steelers won 128 of the 150 simulations (85.33%).

- The Steelers covered the Las Vegas spread (7 points) 112 times out of the 150 simulations.

- The Steelers on average scored 23 points, the Cardinals only 12.

- Of Arizona's wins, none were by more than 7 points, with over a third (8 of the 22) coming by a field goal or less.

- Of Pittsburgh's wins, 86 were by more than 7 points, with 36 simulations (24%) being 21-or more point blowouts, the biggest a 44-6 romp.

- The Cardinals have a 4% chance of being shut out based on the simulations, while Pittsburgh had no simulations in which they went scoreless.

- The Cardinals had 56 simulations (over a third) in which they scored 7 points or less, winning none.

- The Steelers had 1 simulation (out of 150) in which they scored 7 points or less. Of 12 simulations in which the Steelers scored 10 points, they still managed to win eight of them.

- There's a 1 in 150 chance that Super Bowl XLIII will be decided by a safety in overtime. Considering that in the history of the NFL this outcome has only occurred once however, I'll gladly give anyone 150:1 odds on this "situational" bet, for any amount they care to wager.

So in short, look for either:

- The Steelers to win in a romp,

- If it turns into a defensive struggle, the Steelers will likely still win, albeit in a squeaker, or

- Bad commercials because the game's just too damned boring.

nav-logo.png

My official prediction. It's going to go a lot like the last time Pittsburgh played a 9-7 team in the Super Bowl. (Rams in '79) The Cards are going to jump out early and look like they've got it in the bag, By midway through the third quarter Arizona is going to start to tire from getting hit by that Steelers defense. The Steelers pop a big play, take the lead and never look back.

Final score:

Steelers: 31

Cardinals:20

MVP: Santonio Holmes

PS: I hope I am wrong and The Cardinals win.

BB52Big.jpg

Archived