Super Bowl XLIII

Cujo

• Replies 673
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Granted, Pittsburgh has one of the greatest defense, in my opinion, of all-time this year. If you don't think so, just ask Willis McGahee from yesterday. However, Arizona has shown that, at least in the playoffs, their defense is nothing to sneeze at. They pressured McNabb all game yesterday. They kept two of the best running teams in the NFL down to almost nothing (in comparison to their [Carolina and Atlanta] usual production).

O/T....that wasn't a good defensive play. The fumble only happened because McGahee was unconscious after the collision. Also, if Clark blows the approach (well, more than he did), that's a missed tackle. Hard (albeit stupid, based on what also happened to Clark) hit? Yes. Good defensive play? No.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Huh? Could you please go into a little more detail about how a hard hit resulting in a fumble isn't a good defensive play? I'm not a football expert so maybe you could clarify that for me.

"Purists will bitch and whine, but so what? Purists will Always bitch and whine. That is their function. Res Ipsa Loquitur."

-HST

Huh? Could you please go into a little more detail about how a hard hit resulting in a fumble isn't a good defensive play? I'm not a football expert so maybe you could clarify that for me.

Let's see here...

1. If you don't make the hit in the manner as you did, it will be a missed tackle. Not good.

2. The fumble happened because you endangered the life and livelihood of a fellow player. There's a difference between dropping the ball because you are unconscious, and dropping the ball because it was knocked loose in an opponent's efforts to make a good tackle. Not good football there.

3. You did almost as much damage to yourself as you did to your opponent. That is not a desirable outcome in good football.

You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Superbowl between the Steelers and the Cards?

READ IT!

I guess it was either that or the Steagles!

I don't know, I really, really hate the Steelers so much and I never want them to win anything ever. (:)) Then again, that same Cardinals team I saw play in New England 4 weeks ago, I just can't bring myself to root for them to win anything either. The way they just lay down for their spanking.. that team had NO heart, NO effort, and NO desire to win. Worse than anything I've ever seen. I didn't see much else of the Cards besides that (Thanksgiving being one), and I could be wrong (they have played outstanding in the playoffs) but for a team I used to like most in the NFC I just can't root for them. Plus they beat the three teams I wanted to win most in the NFC. I dunno, I just have to hope the Steelers lose more than they do :P

Granted, Pittsburgh has one of the greatest defense, in my opinion, of all-time this year. If you don't think so, just ask Willis McGahee from yesterday. However, Arizona has shown that, at least in the playoffs, their defense is nothing to sneeze at. They pressured McNabb all game yesterday. They kept two of the best running teams in the NFL down to almost nothing (in comparison to their [Carolina and Atlanta] usual production).

O/T....that wasn't a good defensive play. The fumble only happened because McGahee was unconscious after the collision. Also, if Clark blows the approach (well, more than he did), that's a missed tackle. Hard (albeit stupid, based on what also happened to Clark) hit? Yes. Good defensive play? No.

Heh, I actually was referring to the hit more than the fumble. :)

Spurs2017_HomeSignature.png.d781df3b4d5c0e482d74d6a47c072475.pngDortmund2017_HomeSignature.png.277fd43b7b71e5d54e4c655f30c9a1e6.png

Don't have much to add other than the fact that I honestly hope people keep talking the Cardinals down and keep using words like "joke" when referring to the team. It will do nothing but pump up the Cards. I am going to go back to listening to my ears continue to ring after being in the stadium yesterday.

PopHeading-1.gif

Now Fox Sports called them the worst Super Bowl team of all time

As long as this gives more ammo for Darnell Dockett to use (seriously, his post-game comments after every game [except for the Falcons game, for obvious reasons as you may know. <_< ] have been great deadpan sarcastic comedy.). the Cardinals are going to be ready. I wouldn't be surprised at all if the Cardinals, specifically Warner & Fitz, basically come out and dumptruck the Steelers in the first half. I honestly think that this game will look a little bit like, if not a mirror image of, the NFC Championship. The Eagles & Steelers are 2 of the best blitzing teams in the league, and the Cardinals basically destroyed the Eagles blitz in the first half. If they can replicate that on Sunday after next, they will win. They've done a DAMN good job of film study these playoffs.

How long before ESPN and the rest start calling for a playoff makeover where the best records get in instead of division champs? I hope the Cardinals beat the daylights out of the Steelers if for no other reason than :censored: like this.

BB52Big.jpg

Even if Arizona gets blown out in two weeks, there is no way the '08 Cardinals, or any Super Bowl team, could ever be worse than the '85 Patriots.

6uXNWAo.png

How long before ESPN and the rest start calling for a playoff makeover where the best records get in instead of division champs? I hope the Cardinals beat the daylights out of the Steelers if for no other reason than :censored: like this.

Seriously. There are six games on every NFL team's schedule, that if they win all 6, they are pretty much assured a trip to the playoffs. Those being your games against your divisional foes. It's simple. Win those games.

Today, we are all otaku.

And how do you expect the Steelers to go up 18 against the Cards? As we saw for 3 quarters yesterday, Warner can handle blitzes pretty darned effectively, zipping that ball out to anyone who's anywhere close to being halfway open.

I didn't say the WOULD - I said SHOULD THEY go up 18 points - big difference there.

sig1.gif

The people who are calling the Cardinals the worst Super Bowl team ever are the same people who were calling the Patriots the best team ever this time last year. I know they have two weeks to fill, but let them play the game before we call them anything.

IUe6Hvh.png

And still, this question abounds:

Who gon' cover Fitzgerald???

Seriously...the Steelers are looking at a daggone multi-headed dragon of an offense here. As has been mentioned numerous times, Fitz is on another planet right now. Boldin, if he can keep his comments out of the media (anyone check the ESPN site yet to see the latest "hot topic: on him?), has to be accounted for. Mind you, it was HE at one point who was the Cards' go-to guy. And little Steve Breaston can't be missed...the little guy can easily get lost in space if the Steel D ain't careful.

So what does the Steelers D do? If they blitz, they better make damn sure they maintain discipline, because as rams80 said, Warner seems to thrive off the blitz, "zinging that ball to anyone who's anywhere close to halfway open" (that was a classic line). And Edge ain't exactly a bum catching out of the backfield. For that matter, neither is Hightower (who I never realized is as big as he is). Then there's this other cat named J.J. Arrington who, when he's on, can cause some damage. Their primary tight end being injured may hurt matters (I can't remember his name), but that guy knew how to get open when it mattered, plus he was a damn good blocker. All I'm saying is that the Steelers better watch who covers who. I know normally Ike Taylor shadows the opposing O's best receiver, but I don't know how long he'll be able to keep up with Fitz, especially in man coverage.

Of course...all the above can be neutralized if LaMarr Woodley and James Harrison (and the rest of the Steelers' front seven...with the occasional corner blitz) can find their way into 'Zona's backfield and get into Warner's face...EARLY. You udisrupt a QB's rhythm early, it'll have a lingering effect. That's really about the best hope the Steelers' D has...try to get into Warner's face early. If that happens and Warner redevelops fumble-itis, it could get ugly for the Cards' O fast. (And I'm sure LeBeau's busy right now cooking up some inventive scheming to try and frustrate Warner.) On the other hand, if the Cards get hot early, it could turn into a long night for the Steelers' D.

And really, I think that's what it will come down to...who gets going first. The Steelers' O ain't really built for a shootout, so if the Cards strike fast and strike often, that could spell doom for the black and gold.

This will be one interesting chess match...that's for sure. Whiz vs LeBeau. Granted, Pittsburgh's O has also stepped it up a notch of late (something I don't think they've gotten enough credit for), but then so has 'Zona's D. (Should be added, they've managed to hut down Michael "the Burner" Turner and, by going up so fast on Carolina, effectively neutralized the Panther's two-headed rushing monster, and then did a pretty decent job with Philly's run game. What's to say they can't slow or completely stop Willie?) AND, 'Zona's D has become real opportunistic during this postseason run. And if Darnell DOcket and the rest of that D line can get into Ben's face and into his head and crack it a few times, that could be big trouble for Pittsburgh.

All that said, I still stand by my prediction. With one Polamalu pick-six being the plus-minus in this game...

34-27 Cardinals. (Or take the spread...Cards by four is what I've been saying.)

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Coming soon to a Super Bowl near you... The Return of the Cookie Monster!!

brenda_warner_a.jpg

I saw her on the news a couple weeks ago right around Christmas time, she went from Johnny Unitas Jr. to Cindy McCain Jr.

Had to see this for myself, and....

10823.jpg

Holy :censored:! That's really her?? :shocked:

She still looks like an ugly old woman.

That may be so -- but you've gotta admit it's a major upgrade from being a ringer for Detlef Schrempf.

6uXNWAo.png

That may be so -- but you've gotta admit it's a major upgrade from being a ringer for Detlef Schrempf.

And truth be told, she's probably better looking than half of our wives.

Which half? The lower half?

I saw, I came, I left.

Archived