All Time Never Won a Super Bowl Team

rmackman

This is who I would put as my team made up of players who were great but never won a Super Bowl. Feel free to post your ideas:

QB - Dan Marino (Dolphins)

WR - Cris Carter (Vikings)

WR - Steve Largent (Seahawks)

WR - Irving Fryar (Patriots)

WR - Andre Reed (Bills)

TE - Kellen Winslow (Chargers)

HB - Barry Sanders (Lions)

FB - "Ironhead" Craig Heyward (Saints)

DL - John Randle (Vikings)

DL - Jason Taylor (Dolphins)

DL - Steve Emtman (Colts)

DL - Bruce Smith (Bills)

LB - Junior Seau (Chargers)

LB - Hardy Nickerson (Buccaneers)

LB - Greg Lloyd (Steelers)

DB - Paul Krause (Vikings)

DB - Eric Allen (Eagles)

DB - Troy Vincent (Dolphins)

DB - Arneas Williams (Cardinals)

That'd be a fun team to watch =)

"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must outrun the slowest gazelle or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle. When the sun comes up, you'd better be running." - Unknown | 🌐 Check out my articles on jerseys at Bacon Sports 🔗
spacer.png

This is who I would put as my team made up of players who were great but never won a Super Bowl. Feel free to post your ideas:

QB - Dan Marino (Dolphins)

WR - Cris Carter (Vikings)

WR - Andre Reed (Bills)

TE - Kellen Winslow (Chargers)

HB - Barry Sanders (Lions)

FB - "Ironhead" Craig Heyward (Saints)

DL - John Randle (Vikings)

DL - Jason Taylor (Dolphins)

DL - Steve Emtman (Colts)

DL - Bruce Smith (Bills)

LB - Junior Seau (Chargers)

LB - Hardy Nickerson (Buccaneers)

LB - Greg Lloyd (Steelers)

DB - Paul Krause (Vikings)

DB - Eric Allen (Eagles)

DB - Troy Vincent (Dolphins)

DB - Arneas Williams (Cardinals)

That'd be a fun team to watch =)

it probably doesn't help with exception to the post millenium teams, Pats, Seahawks, Colts, Cards and Bucs, most of those teams listed even made it to the super bowl. The ones that did, 80's Dolphins, 90's Bills, Chargers and Steelers all choked in the super bowl.

islandersscroll.gif

Spoilers!

I'm sure Fran Tarkenton and Jim Kelly could also be on the list but I guess your just doing starters also Carl Eller on the D Line

Yeah, I was just planning on doing starters, but maybe we can all come up with a full team, including a head coach and/or a GM. Quarterbacks becomes a tough one because there are a lot of good QBs who never won. Warren Moon for instance. How about Randall Cunningham? He'd be good to have as a 3rd string on this team, but use him as a change of pace kinda guy in certain situations.

"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must outrun the slowest gazelle or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle. When the sun comes up, you'd better be running." - Unknown | 🌐 Check out my articles on jerseys at Bacon Sports 🔗
spacer.png

WR - Andre Reed (Bills)

C'mon Ryno, you gotta have Tim Brown as a wide receiver on that team -- especially over Irving Fryar Tuck!

6uXNWAo.png

But neither won one, right?

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Dan Marino would probably appreciate some blockers on this team, he's not very mobile and will probably go down quick...

Yeah, why leave out offensive lineman? Anthony Munoz is a good start.

PvO6ZWJ.png

Don't forget Bruce Matthews. He got there but didn't win it.

I thought Aeneas Williams won a Super Bowl with the Rams, no?

His first year was with the 2001 Rams. (Super Bowl XXXVI losers)

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

jim-kelly-745732.jpg

Not mentioned yet?

And what about Junior Seau? Curtis Martin?

What about players that have won a championship, but not a super bowl? (Jim Brown, for example)

BROWNS | BUCKEYES | CAVALIERS | INDIANS |

Place Kicker - Morten Andersen ^_^

Unless you were being sarcastic or something, you got Morten confused with Gary Anderson.

Morten went to the Super Bowl:

mort117.jpg

Gary didn't:

ANDERSEN_KICKER.jpg

:P

Uhhhh....those are both Morten. :-D

willieMcGee_2.jpg

If you inherit Randy Johnson's facial genes, he owes you $97,000 at the very least.

Place Kicker - Morten Andersen ^_^

Unless you were being sarcastic or something, you got Morten confused with Gary Anderson.

Morten went to the Super Bowl:

mort117.jpg

Gary didn't:

ANDERSEN_KICKER.jpg

:P

Uhhhh....those are both Morten. :-D

DAMN! I completely overlooked that. :lol:

I saw, I came, I left.

Archived