Just a rumor: Redskins possible uni tweak

In 5..4..3..2..1

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Redskins uniforms blow. The colors, are loud and out-of-style. Just because Lil Danny Snyder grew up rooting for his team, in these things, doesn't mean they have to stay for eternity.

They looked like crap in 1982 and they certainly still do now. The black shoes are an upgrade and stripe-less socks, help. But, the colors are terrible.

Especially, when those beautiful dark maroon and mustard gold colors (that would be unique and "hip" with current day culture) are sitting in the archives of Redskin history, gathering dust.

The 'Skins have so much potential, with those colors. Its just too bad, they are stuck with what they have now.

IMO colors and unis are fine the way they are. I feel that this is one of the teams like the Colts, Browns, and Packers that look better in traditional unis without modernizing or adding black or color highlights.

(MLF) Chicago Cannons,  (IHA) Phoenix Firebirds - 2021 Xtreme Cup Champions

(WAFL) Phoenix Federals - WAFL World Bowl XII Champions (Defunct)

I was never one to consider a black outline as an official color in the uniform. It's an outline and without it, or with it in a color other than black, would look ridiculous. And the team colors are Burgundy and Gold, yet Burgundy shows up nowhere in the logo. Should that color be eliminated from the uniform?

I think the only thing the 'Skins need to do is stop the White/White, Burgundy/Burgundy combinations, and wear the striped socks again. Then it's perfect.

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

I doubt the rumor is true (Snyder cannot be that stupid)

A few things...

1. He is exactly that stupid.

2. The yellow facemasks look great.

3. The solution to all of this is pictured below.

The Skins do need a new look. Here's an idea.

a_wuerffel_i.jpg

Hey it worked!

If there has ever been a better looking uniform then I haven't seen it.

BB52Big.jpg

That picture got me thinking was there a white version of that jersey made that year or did they only wear those at home

No white jersey. They only wore them at home except when the played Dallas on Thanksgiving day that season. Oddly enough Dallas wore their blue jerseys that day. It was the first time two NFL teams had both worn dark jersey's since the Patriots and Lions both wore their dark throwback jersey's three hours earlier that day.

That picture got me thinking was there a white version of that jersey made that year or did they only wear those at home

No white jersey. They only wore them at home except when the played Dallas on Thanksgiving day that season. Oddly enough Dallas wore their blue jerseys that day. It was the first time two NFL teams had both worn dark jersey's since the Patriots and Lions both wore their dark throwback jersey's three hours earlier that day.

Fascinating.

spacer.png

I think we can all agree that they should ditch the yellow facemask in favor of a gray one. Yes?

;)

All joking aside? Yes.

Choosing between a facemask of yellow, white, burgundy, and gray, Yellow is BY FAR the worst choice for that uniform.

And anybody that thinks wearing the dark socks with the dark pants is an improvement should probably just stop talking.

I was never one to consider a black outline as an official color in the uniform.

YAY!

It's an outline and without it, or with it in a color other than black, would look ridiculous. And the team colors are Burgundy and Gold, yet Burgundy shows up nowhere in the logo. Should that color be eliminated from the uniform?

I agree. Many teams have colors in their logo that aren't really a team-defining color .... the Cardinals' yellow beak, the Steelers' blue and red hypocycloids, the red in the Raven's eye, just to name a few. They're there and they should be contained to there.

natsred.pngredskins.pngmaryland.pngcapitals.png

Archived