Just a rumor: Redskins possible uni tweak

In 5..4..3..2..1

I was never one to consider a black outline as an official color in the uniform.

YAY!

It's an outline and without it, or with it in a color other than black, would look ridiculous. And the team colors are Burgundy and Gold, yet Burgundy shows up nowhere in the logo. Should that color be eliminated from the uniform?

I agree. Many teams have colors in their logo that aren't really a team-defining color .... the Cardinals' yellow beak, the Steelers' blue and red hypocycloids, the red in the Raven's eye, just to name a few. They're there and they should be contained to there.

Preach. Black should not be a uni color simply because its used in the logo...Cardinals are an excellent example...some black number/ name outlining thats it and especially no yellow. Any major addition of black or yellow would kill their unis. Adding black to the Skins unis would have the same deadly effect. Leave 'em the way they are.

(MLF) Chicago Cannons,  (IHA) Phoenix Firebirds - 2021 Xtreme Cup Champions

(WAFL) Phoenix Federals - WAFL World Bowl XII Champions (Defunct)

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I was never one to consider a black outline as an official color in the uniform.

YAY!

It's an outline and without it, or with it in a color other than black, would look ridiculous. And the team colors are Burgundy and Gold, yet Burgundy shows up nowhere in the logo. Should that color be eliminated from the uniform?

I agree. Many teams have colors in their logo that aren't really a team-defining color .... the Cardinals' yellow beak, the Steelers' blue and red hypocycloids, the red in the Raven's eye, just to name a few. They're there and they should be contained to there.

Preach. Black should not be a uni color simply because its used in the logo...Cardinals are an excellent example...some black number/ name outlining thats it and especially no yellow. Any major addition of black or yellow would kill their unis. Adding black to the Skins unis would have the same deadly effect. Leave 'em the way they are.

Just a quick concept using their throwbacks as a primary desing pattern. I tried to keep the striping consistent throughout the uniform to achieve a more 'uniformed' look. IMO I prefer the home with gold pants and the away with maroon!

Concept-RedskinsHome.png

Concept-RedskinsHomeMonochrome.png

Concept-RedskinsAway2.png

Concept-RedskinsAwayy.png

Just a quick concept using their throwbacks as a primary desing pattern. I tried to keep the striping consistent throughout the uniform to achieve a more 'uniformed' look. IMO I prefer the home with gold pants and the away with maroon!

Concept-RedskinsHome.png

Congrats on a fantastic concept! My only suggestion: I think the white jerseys/gold pants combo would work better with the maroon (burgundy?) socks. Can you do a mock-up of that?

This design would work equally as well with the current colors, IMHO, but I definitely like the old gold better than the current yellow.

1966BroncosMED.jpg64BearsBlasingamelowres-1.jpgKeyeReboundCloseJPG.jpgDUMagnuson.jpg

Concept-RedskinsHome.png

One of the most beautiful concepts I have EVER seen on here -- and that includes my own! My only suggestion would be to include white pants in the scheme -- to be worn with either jersey. Otherwise, it is PERFECT! Snyder should give VERY serious thought about going with this design!

Concept-RedskinsHome.png

Man, that looks fantastic. I wouldn't mind a uni tweak like this.

I am going to be mean person here but I am going on record on saying this: GOOD FOR REDSKINS IN THINKING ABOUT AN UPDATE. I really think their unis now are SOOOO outdated. The unis is just boring. Two stripes on the side and a boring chest logo mark. BORING BORING. I know some of you all preach don't mess with tradition. But what tradition? Redskins hasn't won a Super Bowl since the early nineties. Add black. Add some design. Make me WANT to buy your unis. I mean seriously, you can go to Wal Mart and buy a replica for 20 dollars or buy an real one for over 200 dollars. It looks the same.

i vote update!

I am going to be mean person here but I am going on record on saying this: GOOD FOR REDSKINS IN THINKING ABOUT AN UPDATE. I really think their unis now are SOOOO outdated. The unis is just boring. Two stripes on the side and a boring chest logo mark. BORING BORING. I know some of you all preach don't mess with tradition. But what tradition? Redskins hasn't won a Super Bowl since the early nineties. Add black. Add some design. Make me WANT to buy your unis. I mean seriously, you can go to Wal Mart and buy a replica for 20 dollars or buy an real one for over 200 dollars. It looks the same.

i vote update!

What you call boring some (myself included) would call traditional and understated. Compared with the Bills, Bengals, and Vikings the Redskins' uniforms are downright amazing.

I would like to see the spear uniforms they wore for their 70th Anniversary become their primaries, but if the only true alternative is a pipped & panelled crapfest, I say keep the currents.

I think we can all agree that they should ditch the yellow facemask in favor of a gray one. Yes?

;)

Um, no.

There are too many grey masks already. The yellow mask makes the uniform. The Redskins have my favorite identity in the NFL. Logos, Unis, everything.

Would everyone quit picking on my Lions and Redskins? Please.

Everyone loves a roundel.

A few thoughts on the skinz unis:

- I think the current uni set would go pretty well with the spear helmet (if the colors matched) because the double stripes on the pants and sleeves are the same as the handle on the spear

- Speaking of the sleeves.. I'd love to see them make the sleeve stripes thick again and move them up on the sides of the shoulder pads (Like Pittsburgh did) - then move the numbers to the shoulders - this would restore the original look of the jerseys.

- If the skinz keep the current uni set, like others have mentioned, I'd love to see them go back to a real burgundy and metallic or mustard gold.

I prefer the throwback uniform from a few years back. As for these, I would be in favor of swapping the helmet and sleeve logos. Plus I would also lose the burgundy pants and just go with gold.

shysters_sm.jpg

"One of my concerns is shysters show up and take advantage of people's good will and generosity".

Regardless of who had it first, the spear logo is now synonymous with Florida State. I think that even if the Redskins had it first (they did have it first, right?) they'd be seen as copying FSU.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Concept-RedskinsHome.png

[/quote

Is it just me, or does it look like you basically re-colorized University of Florida's uniforms?

He asked if he re-colored the University of Florida's uniforms, not Florida State.

Regarding a Florida re-colorization, I see similarities, but Florida uses the old "San Diego" style numbers that the Chargers had for a long time. The Gators have outlines on their numbers and outlines do not touch the base number.

Tim-Tebow-Cut.png

Is it just me, or does it look like you basically re-colorized University of Florida's uniforms?

It's you. What, the Gators own the copywrite on stripes?

I must respectfully disagree. As much as I love this Redskins concept, the striping pattern for the jerseys and pants is exactly like Florida's. Still think it looks great, though.

1966BroncosMED.jpg64BearsBlasingamelowres-1.jpgKeyeReboundCloseJPG.jpgDUMagnuson.jpg

Archived