Just a rumor: Redskins possible uni tweak

In 5..4..3..2..1

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

While I'll always be in the camp of "the retro burgundy and 'mustard' gold beats the snot out of the Lombardi-ized cherry red and yellow" I'm OK if they keep it but the double-panel stripes need to be replaced with the pattern that's on the helmet.

Make thin burgundy stripes on either side of a wide yellow stripe on the while jerseys and pants, and the identical helmet pattern on the burgundy jerseys and pants.

In fact, one outfit is already wearing the pants stripe pattern that should be used by the Redskins:

15.jpg

natsred.pngredskins.pngmaryland.pngcapitals.png

The problem with the Redskins is that their uniforms are neither classic nor contemporary. A change to a look that fits one end or the other would be welcomed.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I've mentioned this before, but the Redskins were thinking about a re-design a few years ago, looked at a bunch of different designs (moderinzed logo, modernized spear logo, etc.), but Dan Snyder balked at the last second due to the fact that he is - apparently - superstitious.

Almost all of the designs I saw had Black in there as well.

A bunch of us all saw the designs at Paul Lukas's inaugural Uni Watch party in Brooklyn back in '06.

Archived