Just a rumor: Redskins possible uni tweak

In 5..4..3..2..1

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, if they are, I wonder if it has to do with Zorn thinking that their colors were "maroon and black". And if they do add black (which I really hope they don't) it wouldn't necessarily be out of nowhere; black has kind of been the unofficial fourth color for a while now.

spacer.png

I always thought going back to the gold pants would look good.

Agreed, especially considering that the current Redskins uniforms have been around since 1979...when disco still ruled. That alone should be reason to change. I would like them to go throwback like the Giants did.

Trust me, if Dan Snyder can wring a few dollars more from the pockets of Redskins fans by adding black, he will do it without blinking.

NorthernColFightingWhites4.GIF

I always thought going back to the gold pants would look good.

Agreed, especially considering that the current Redskins uniforms have been around since 1979...when disco still ruled. That alone should be reason to change. I would like them to go throwback like the Giants did.

Trust me, if Dan Snyder can wring a few dollars more from the pockets of Redskins fans by adding black, he will do it without blinking.

Agreed, but I'd prefer to see yellow pants on an alternate basis.

They don't need a tweak. They need an overhaul.

Redskins need to go, Wildcats works perfectly fine. Next, replace burgandy and gold with Federal Blue, Metallic vegas Gold and Black. Next add a college level logo and finally go with a uniform that features piping to nowhere, side panels, diamond plating and ghost flames.

This way i can enjoy the deadskin comedy act every sunday.

^_^ (yes i'm being a male appendage, don't take post serious.)

islandersscroll.gif

Spoilers!

The Redskins uniforms are quite possibly the best when they don't go white-on-white, and when they wear their striped socks. When they don't do these simple things, it looks awful.

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

The Redskins are wearing the uniforms of Snyder's childhood. They will continue to wear these uniforms until he's gone. (Which isn't happening for a long, long, long time.) I'm actually surprised he's allowed the monochrome looks and the sock deviation...no, scratch that...he and Portis are BFF, so whatever lame-assed uniform deviation Clinton wants, he gets!

Burgandy jerseys on white pants with the maroon socks and black shoes should be worn reguarly at home and white jerseys on burgandy pants with white (striped) socks and black shoes should be the regular road set. These 2 looks are beautiful and, other than the occasional white on white, should never really be altered. The throwbacks are pretty nice, too, however. But the current set, if kept to the basic matchings, is one of the best in the league.

Facemask sucks.

Everytime the Redskins uniform is brought up, all I see is that loud obnoxious yellow facemask that was added in the 70s when the pants were yellow (and all uniforms were loud and obnoxious)... switch to a burgandy facemask and wear the RIGHT GD SOX ON THE ROAD (!!) and you'd still have a nice set.

Archived