Sports Logos

random_ax

My taste-challenged friends don't understand my disgust with the mis-matching gold on the Saints helmets and numbers. And, like Bluesky's wife, I HATE, HATE, HATE the Saints monochrome look. Whenever I see them warming up in the black uniform, I look to the pants and if they are black , I mutter : "Leotards. They're wearing the f*****g leotards today".

"We root for the laundry"

(Jerome Seinfeld)

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I already posted, but I must post again. I met a self-proclaimed "NBA Fan" today who had no idea that the Sonics moved to OKC and adopted a horrid identity. He claims,"It must look almost the same because I never noticed it." :o This is kind of the opposite idea because I gave him grief for not being into this kind of thing. I remember staying at my computer waiting for the leak to come and then later waiting for the official announcement to see if that hoooooorrible logo was actually going to be used. It amazes me that somebody who actually watches basketball had no idea about the change. What a great world he must live in.

I'm basically known as the 'Encyclopedia of Worthless Crap' to most of my friends, so when I make a point about uniforms, my friends don't really think anything of it anymore. Actually, my friends always ask me about new hockey uniforms coming out.

Likewise.

-Dan

Samezies

+4.

A lot of my friends are big sports fans and wear jerseys, so a lot of my comments don't get me "WTF" looks. I also got into a "tiff" (to use TFoA's term) with a friend during a game a few years ago over whether the green shapes on the Timberwolves' collars were triangles or trees. "They're :censored: ing trees, man" has since become an inside joke between us.

I also made a comment today at the Winthrop-Coastal Carolina baseball game that Coastal's teal pullovers with a "Coastal" script on the front reminded me of the Braves' powder blue pullovers from the early '80s with the lowercase A. Nobody knew what I was talking about then, but hey, you can't win 'em all.

BigStuffChamps3_zps00980734.png

Lol, people at home have always jabbed me about "drawing sports pants", but it's a hobby. Really weird hobby to some people, but to others it's like "wow, you draw stuff? Cool!"

Especially when I went out one night in a school org's t-shirt that I designed. Lots of questions and good feedback.

Spurs2017_HomeSignature.png.d781df3b4d5c0e482d74d6a47c072475.pngDortmund2017_HomeSignature.png.277fd43b7b71e5d54e4c655f30c9a1e6.png

My brother is cool with it and my parents really don't give a s*it.

The other day I went into a store around my area called Sports Section and I felt right at home. I was talking to the guy at the front and he seemed like one of us. :P

g4104.png

I have a friend who shares my attentiveness to sports logos, unis, and everything else you can think of from what music is played at what times at different arenas to what ads they have at their stadium, and anything else useless you can think of. Other than him, none of my friends really care that much when I mention something. My mom kinda cares, and my bro rarely does. My dad doesnt watch sports and my sister sometimes does, but doesnt care about unis/logos.

oBIgzrL.png

I also made a comment today at the Winthrop-Coastal Carolina baseball game that Coastal's teal pullovers with a "Coastal" script on the front reminded me of the Braves' powder blue pullovers from the early '80s with the lowercase A. Nobody knew what I was talking about then, but hey, you can't win 'em all.

Our newspaper's website put up pics from yesterday's game, so here's what I was referring to:

wucoastal.jpg - nl_1980_atlanta.gif

BigStuffChamps3_zps00980734.png

Our newspaper's website put up pics from yesterday's game, so here's what I was referring to:

wucoastal.jpg - nl_1980_atlanta.gif

I just want to say that IMO that is a beautiful game. Baseball needs more teams that wear colored uniforms like this in general.

Thankfully my best friend is just as much a sports nut as I am so if I have one of these situations I typically just hold my tongue and then call him to discuss it.

Cards08.jpg

World Champions: 1926 1931 1934 1942 1944 1946 1964 1967 1982 2006

My brother always replies with a "Who cares?" whenever I point something out. I think he's become a little bit more used to it though, and I've learned to control it a little better.

My brother does the exact same thing. We'll be playing a sports video game and I'll always point out the mistakes that the game makes as far as uniforms go. Sometimes I do it just to get under his skin.

I can't say that I ever get grief, but most of my friends just tune me out when I start talking about uni and logo related things.

My friends do the same thing. When I start rambling on about logos and uniforms, they either tune me out or break off in their own conversation.

jNTsTyQ.png

I took some heat in high school for how much I knew. Now, some friends may say "I really like (team)'s uniforms and I'll give my two cents. I can even say "yeah, but I liked their old look better." But I avoid details like stripping patterns, or what most fans would view as historical uniform obscurity, or the grief will come.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

One of my closest friends is a borderline case - he's nigh obsessive about the logs & unis of the teams he follows, but couldn't give a crap about any other teams. I still remember the first time either of us used the internet - to find a picture of the Pistons' horsehead logo back when it was unveiled in 1996 - and the hour-long tirade about how much it sucked compared to the old one.

I had a pretty good conversation with a guy about hockey jerseys at work a couple of weeks ago too - I work in a theme park, and was wearing a red Habs gamer, and he was a Canadian dude who followed the Leafs. He started asking me about stuff like fight straps, and got into way too much detail (I know nothing about hockey jerseys). I managed to kill the conversation dead when I showed him my UniWatch card though...

Archived