CCSLC Championship Ring Thread

I bought 500 tickets for Boston rings raffle...i want those 3 rings...however it is first time I see these ring raffles being open world wide....which drastically reduces our chances of winning.

I spent a boat-load on raffle tickets for the Saints ring and got nowhere. It's become like mega-millions, you might have a better chance of getting hit by lightning. Class act by the Red Sox and glad the money is going to a great cause!

Any news on SB ring!?

Realistically who has a chance asides from Jostens and Tiffany’s? Jostens bought up all main competition in Intergold and Balfour.

I guess outside shot for Herff Jones as they did Indy's ring and Pats AFC ring.

Master's of Design/Harry Kay do the HOF ring but I don’t think they have ever done SB ring.

With cost of gold and diamond I don’t think anyone can keep the prices at 5K and have the ability to piggy back off the publicity as much as Jostens does.

Any news on SB ring!?

Realistically who has a chance asides from Jostens and Tiffany’s? Jostens bought up all main competition in Intergold and Balfour.

I guess outside shot for Herff Jones as they did Indy's ring and Pats AFC ring.

Master's of Design/Harry Kay do the HOF ring but I don’t think they have ever done SB ring.

Does anyone know if Diamond Cutters International is still in business?? They are out of Texas and I thought they did the Dallas Stars Stanley Cup rings in '99 and also the Cowboys fifth Super Bowl rings. I thought also they did one of the Detroit Redwings cup rings?

Anyways, that's one company OTHER than Balfour and Jostens who seemed to make a dent on the market. I met the president of that company once at a function and he seemed rally great. It was hard not t ask him for a job making championship rings, hahaha! :)

Dralec, I think Jostens also bought out Lennox Awards in Illinois and so now can claims the Raiders Super Bowl rings as their own even though they had NOTHING to do with designing or making them! Jostens has made enough Super Bowl rings that they don't have to fake it like that, they don't have to apologize or take a backseat to anyone when it comes to SB rings. But whatever. Guess I'm not cut out for marketing! :)

It'll be REAL interesting to see what the Seahawks come up with.....

K

A part owner of the Green Bay Packers

Does anyone know if Diamond Cutters International is still in business?? They are out of Texas and I thought they did the Dallas Stars Stanley Cup rings in '99 and also the Cowboys fifth Super Bowl rings. I thought also they did one of the Detroit Redwings cup rings?

I don't know if Diamond Cutters International is still in business, but their Denver Broncos Super Bowl XXXII ring was incredibly awful. I can never tell if I am looking at a picture of a real one or a cheap fake, because the shanks are an absolute disaster. I thought they did a nice job on the top of the ring, but there is no excuse for the horrible work done on the sides. The following season when the Broncos repeated, they went with Jostens and the shanks were substantially improved.

0789DSprng2014Prem_lg.jpeg

0789CSprng2014Prem_lg.jpeg

0789BSprng2014Prem_lg.jpeg

I don't know if Diamond Cutters International is still in business, but their Denver Broncos Super Bowl XXXII ring was incredibly awful. I can never tell if I am looking at a picture of a real one or a cheap fake, because the shanks are an absolute disaster. I thought they did a nice job on the top of the ring, but there is no excuse for the horrible work done on the sides. The following season when the Broncos repeated, they went with Jostens and the shanks were substantially improved.

0789DSprng2014Prem_lg.jpeg

0789CSprng2014Prem_lg.jpeg

0789BSprng2014Prem_lg.jpeg

Oh yes, that ring was horrible. After all those years of waiting for their first SB win and THAT was the ring they got? I woulda asked for a refund. Like you said, they went with Jostens the next year. I totally forgot that was their handiwork. Thanks for the reminder.

Weren't the sides of the Cowboys rings also really crappy? Seems like a trend by that company. Still wonder if they're in business. Probably not. A lot of companies have gone under in this economy. Actually, I just remembered.....isn't Jostens trying to buy Balfour? I think there's a review process happening right now to decide if that deal will be allowed to go forward. In fact, I think someone on this forum posted a link to an article about it awhile ago.........

I don't know if Diamond Cutters International is still in business, but their Denver Broncos Super Bowl XXXII ring was incredibly awful. I can never tell if I am looking at a picture of a real one or a cheap fake, because the shanks are an absolute disaster. I thought they did a nice job on the top of the ring, but there is no excuse for the horrible work done on the sides. The following season when the Broncos repeated, they went with Jostens and the shanks were substantially

You know, you don't have to accept what they give you.

Back in 1997 I was working in the Athletic Department at UCLA. Though my playing days were done, I still had close friends on the football team. When the rings arrived from Jostens for our PAC Ten Championship and Cotton Bowl victory they were FAR from what was ordered.

Turns out, The coaches secretly told Jostens to make them smaller (most coaches don't like the big rings, and to be fair, most coaches are not as big as their players) which was bad enough, but the design was off too. Oh, and they weren't even gold!

So, having been part of the ring design process on the ring committee back in 1994, I told them to send the rings back and have them remade. Having strong player leadership, they forced the issue with the coaches, and ultimately the rings were completely remade. This time they looked like what had been designed on paper (which was somewhat copied from the '94 ring, so the players KNEW what it SHOULD look like) and the rings were remade in 10k yellow gold. They were beautiful. I even saw one for sale in the last year or so.

Sometime, when I dust off my photobucket account and can post pictures, I will try to show you the difference. It was striking.

It's difficult to design a ring, and there is some inherent uncertainty in taking an idea/design on paper and turning it into reality. But you do have a say, as a client of the ring company. They want to keep people happy after all, as well as get repeat business.

I guess this is just my way of saying that...If I owned the Denver Broncos, I would have sent those rings back! Hope I didn't bend your ear too much with my story!

Take care,

Karl

I really like the MSU ring. They have their logo and both Rose Bowl and Big Ten champions on top and side of the ring.

We first saw this Josten's design last year's FSU's ACC ring but it did not have any wording on top. It has become a popular design this year. I really like the shanks too, ton of information on them. I am actually surprised MSU did not order 2 rings for Rose Bowl and Big Ten championship separately.

BmLQ_a6CEAA0Iwk.jpg

I have had a few of these 1997 UCLA Pac 10 Championship Rings that were mentioned above. I had heard from one of the players I got my first one from that UCLA players got 2 rings. The first one was non gold and the players didn’t like them. They did get new ones a few months later. From what I was told by this UCLA player they got to keep both rings. When I bought his 1997 Pac 10 and 1998 Pac 10 Rings I wanted to make sure that I was buying both the 10K gold rings. The 1998 Pac 10 Ring is a bit disappointing as you can see it compared to the slightly larger 1997 Ring.

I still have the set of rings to this day. I found the first 1997 Pac 10 version on ebay a few years back and I downloaded the photos. From what I see it doesn’t look all that much smaller than the replacement ones. But it’s hard to tell in the photo I saw on ebay. Since that ring was on ebay I tend to believe that the players got to keep both rings unless this ring somehow didnt get sent back and made its way onto the resale market. Strange that this is the only 1997 Pac 10 non gold ring I have ever seen up for sale. It does surprise me that more of the non gold version haven't hit the market since they might have been given 2 but you never know.

By the way the UCLA Player who sold me his 1997 and 1998 rings was one of the many players involved in the handicap placard parking scandal at UCLA so it might explain why he wanted or needed to sell his rings.

1997 UCLA Pac 10 non gold First Version

https://scontent-b-dfw.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn2/t1.0-9/10292205_755063727861327_5244925560889921691_n.jpg

1997 UCLA Pac 10 10K Gold replacement version

https://scontent-a-dfw.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn2/t1.0-9/1538834_755056481195385_70571487906351078_n.jpg

Another shot of the 1997 UCLA Pac 10 10K Gold Ring

https://scontent-b-dfw.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn1/t1.0-9/10297729_755059227861777_2592739152696979089_n.jpg10269583_755063047861395_469405899076630

isn't Jostens trying to buy Balfour?

I heard last week that the justice department (or whoever decides these things) rejected the potential sale (just like they did arond 10-15 years ago). So looks like the sale will not be happening.

If you want to see side-by-side comparisons of the bronco diamond cutters international ring, and the Jostens ring, and even see the Cowboys Diamond Cutters rings, they are shown on this board on page 47. Looks like the Cowboys shanks were nicer, however, those shanks too, are a ways below the quality produced by Jostens, Tiffany and Balfour.

here is the link: http://boards.sportslogos.net/topic/66149-ccslc-championship-ring-thread/page-47

Well it seems college football ring season is almost over, my 2 cents.

I really like FSU National championship ring, kudos to Fisher to not go along with the recent Jostens “1” national championship ring and design his own which happens to be the largest ever.

My second favorite is the MSU Rose Bowl ring. We first saw that ring for FSU 2012 ACC ring and many more followed this year, however I think the Rose Bowl wording on top just made a huge difference and made the ring that much sharper. In my opinion you should always be able to see the logo and wording on a championship ring with one look, Even though the wording on side are added bonus but by itself it was not enough. The 2 shanks were also utilized pretty good too, there is no need to occupy third of a shank with a year such as Ravens SB ring and most recent Blackhawks ring, I am amazed how much stuff they can put on shanks these days.

I guess next will be SB ring and college Basketball rings. It seems most teams that make it to Sweet 16 and higher order rings these days, so should be plenty more to come although CBB rings are mushc smaller than CFB rings.

Thank you sports-rings, Karl, championshipsportsrings, ridenlow, and everyone else on this board for sharing pictures and information, keep it coming.

8da18f198af34d229c6ab714d7f6d228.jpg

michigan-state-2014-rose-bowl-ring5-570x

Here's a new one for you. Oklahoma State actually had rings made for a bowl game in which they lost:

E7R64NY.jpg

Of course it doesn't say that on the ring, so Gundy can roll up to a recruit's house and show off the new shiny hardware. Lets be honest, this is why we see so many championship rings for so little accomplished (a division title?). Rings are tools used to woo recruits. If you don't have something new to show off then you aren't doing it right.

There are championship rings for things you've probably never thought of. My grandfather was the 1974 sheep sheering national champion, and for that he became the first person they awarded a championship ring to.

UCF AAC and Fiesta Bowl Championship ring.

BlL-pt7IcAABAPp.jpg

wonder why they put American champion on top instead of fiesta bowl champion

Because its a conference championship ring, the Fiesta Bowl was just part of that season as denoted on the side panel.

Oh ok so their getting another ring for the Fiesta bowl then?

Im pretty sure the ring represents the whole seasons successes rather than just one event.