NHL 2009 Super Special Playoff Edition Megathread

Lee.

Personally, I want to see a Chicago-Pittsburgh finals so I can pretend that Jean-Claude Van Damme will be at Game 7 in Pittsburgh to stop a potential terrorist threat, which is bombs placed in the arena.

If that means the scoreboard can blow up and the roof gets to open, I'm all for it.

... the only problem is that Jean-Claude Van Damme will make an apperance...

I saw, I came, I left.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Scott Walker's wife, Julie, is diagnosed with cancer. No wonder he was that much more emotional than everyone else when he scored that GWG in OT. Get well soon.

I'm sorry, but do you think he is really thinking about his wife at that second? It's probably because he was the one who actually scored it (And it was his first playoff goal). Which makes complete sense if you think about it. If anything, if there were no playoffs, he would probably want to be home with her anyway.

I hope his wife feels better, but that doesn't change the fact that he is still a complete douche.

Scott Walker's wife, Julie, is diagnosed with cancer. No wonder he was that much more emotional than everyone else when he scored that GWG in OT. Get well soon.

I'm sorry, but do you think he is really thinking about his wife at that second? It's probably because he was the one who actually scored it (And it was his first playoff goal). Which makes complete sense if you think about it. If anything, if there were no playoffs, he would probably want to be home with her anyway.

I hope his wife feels better, but that doesn't change the fact that he is still a complete douche.

I know its mostly because he was specifically the one who scored the goal. However, it did appear that he seemed to be more emotional than most other Game 7 OT GWG scorers, at least to me anyways.

But hey, I never liked Scott Walker either. Had that opinion since he was in Nashville.

Wade-sig.png

Personally, I want to see a Chicago-Pittsburgh finals so I can pretend that Jean-Claude Van Damme will be at Game 7 in Pittsburgh to stop a potential terrorist threat, which is bombs placed in the arena.

If that means the scoreboard can blow up and the roof gets to open, I'm all for it.

Don't forget that the Pittsburgh fans will have to run for their lives to a bar to watch the end of the game since Chicago has the better record and would be hosting Game 7.

Don't forget that the Pittsburgh fans will have to run for their lives to a bar to watch the end of the game since Chicago has the better record and would be hosting Game 7.

I don't think Pittsburghians will have an issue with going to a bar...

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

Way to go ahead and ruin it, sir Buzzkill. :P

Pittsburgh Arsenal - Elite Football League (NFL) - 2006  |  New Orleans JazzCats - Major League Hockey (AHL) - 2023

I'm rooting for a Chicago-Carolina finals or a Chicago-Pittsburgh finals as a rematch of the 92 Stanley Cup Finals. We saw Pittsburgh-Detroit last year and watching it again wouldn't be fun. We also saw Detroit-Carolina in 02 and the red on red looked like a 5 game intra-squad scrimmage. Carolina shouldn't get to at least make the finals every time they're in the playoffs, however I hate Pittsburgh and a super bowl and a stanley cup in the same calendar year would be intolerable. So, play on the ice aside and what will probably happen aside, I'm hoping for a Chicago-Carolina Stanley Cup finals with Chicago winning their first Stanley Cup in forever.

now with that said, we'll probably have to suffer through another Detroit Red Wings-Pittsburgh Penguins final.

PvO6ZWJ.png

Well, that was a great first period... After that, the Hawks played like a bunch of overmatched youngsters facing a solid group of Cup-proven veterans.

If the Blackhawks want to actually compete here, they're going to have to show a lot more than flash and dash and out of gas. And no, Adam Burish, a cheap-ass cross-check with under 40 seconds left when the game's already been decided is not what I have in mind.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Be nice if their coach PLAYED THEM

I don't want to watch any more games at the Joe Louis Arena. There's something vaguely depressing about the place. It's dark, but not dark like Lakers games where the house lights are turned down to put all the attention on the court, but dark like a light in Section 324 blew out and nobody thought to fix it. Even when the Wings led by 2, everyone seemed to fall somewhere between desensitized and bummed, like not even a conference finals win was enough of a respite from the crushing reality of life. I think the loudest the place got was when they sang along to the "born and raised in South Detroit" line in "Don't Stop Believin'."

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Be nice if their coach PLAYED THEM

I don't want to watch any more games at the Joe Louis Arena. There's something vaguely depressing about the place. It's dark, but not dark like Lakers games where the house lights are turned down to put all the attention on the court, but dark like a light in Section 324 blew out and nobody thought to fix it. Even when the Wings led by 2, everyone seemed to fall somewhere between desensitized and bummed, like not even a conference finals win was enough of a respite from the crushing reality of life. I think the loudest the place got was when they sang along to the "born and raised in South Detroit" line in "Don't Stop Believin'."

I never got that part of the song. I was unaware that we had a notable south side. I've heard of the South Side of Chicago, but outside of that song I have not heard about a Detroit South Side.

-Dan

Belts.jpg
PotD May 11th, 2011
looooooogodud: June 7th 2010 - July 5th 2012

Archived