NHL 2009 Super Special Playoff Edition Megathread

Lee.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I wonder if Crosby will have the ref ask the fans to stop throwing hats for Malkin's hattrick? :D

-Dan

i was yelling at the tv DONT THROW HATS! DONT THROW HATS! CINDY WILL HAVE A FIT! but they did, and the delay was longer than when Ovechkin had his hat trick. wheres the whining? c'mon Cindy lets hear it.

Those grapes sure are sour.

Pittsburgh Arsenal - Elite Football League (NFL) - 2006Β  |Β Β New Orleans JazzCats - Major League Hockey (AHL) - 2023

Perhaps, but surely you get the irony.

Yeah I get it. I knew the moment it happened you guys here would have a field day with it.

Thanks for not disappointing.

Pittsburgh Arsenal - Elite Football League (NFL) - 2006Β  |Β Β New Orleans JazzCats - Major League Hockey (AHL) - 2023

Yeah I get it. I knew the moment it happened you guys here would have a field day with it.

we do what we can.

duscarf2013.pngg6uheq4mgvrndguzuzak1pcte.gif
"I don't understand where you got this idea so deeply ingrained in your head (that this world) is something that you must impress, cause I couldn't care less"

http://keepdcunited.org

Yeah, it's our fault. Glad to see you haven't taken those blinders off yet. :P

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

Β 

What does that have to do with anything?

Upon further review not much, I was just wondering what he thought about it. I'll fix that.

Looking back, I don't think Ovechkin thought to himself "I'm going to knee Gonchar". In any case, Ovy's hit looked dirty, and I still wouldn't put it by him to knee someone, though I think he'd do it as a spur-of-the-moment thing, not a pre-calculated thing. He is a player that acts on emotion.

Recently, however, my hate for Ovechkin has receded a lot, and I'll give him the benefit of the doubt that it was an accident.

I think the Cooke hit wasn't as bad in that, it looked a little more accidental than Ovy's hit (Ovy appeared to move his leg forward and not try to get out of the way). Cooke seemed to try to get out of the way, at least to me. And at the point that he realized he was going to hit Cole, at the speed he was going, I don't think he had the time to react with enough effect.

Cooke has a rep, sure, but he's more of a talking agitator or one that will "accidentally" bump into you on the way back to the bench, rather than one that makes dirty plays. So id give him the benefit of the doubt to. If the NHL had done something to him, I wouldn't have liked it, only because they would've given him a penalty worse than what they did Ovy for a similar thing, but I would have understood it.

So, all in all, both hits were probably accidents, and both "victims" are back full time from those events, so its really just water under the bridge.

Kinda non playoff talk but the Flames have fired Mike Keenan

After a disappointing end to their season, the Calgary Flames announced the firing of head coach Mike Keenan on Friday afternoon.

"Our team did not meet expectations,” Flames General Manager Darryl Sutter said in a statement. ''Following detailed evaluation over the past three weeks, and taking into consideration all factors affecting our season ending result, we believe this is a necessary change required to allow our team to continue toward our objective of winning the Stanley Cup."

Keenan became the Flames head coach on June 14, 2007. In two years with Keenan at the helm, the Flames posted a record of 88-60-16, making two playoff appearances but exiting in the first round both years.

This season Calgary finished in fifth place in the Western Conference, but were eliminated by the Chicago Blackhawks six games into the post-season.

"The Calgary Flames organization appreciates and respects Mike for accepting the opportunity to come to Calgary and are thankful for his efforts over the past two years."

Calgary was Keenan's eighth stop as an NHL head coach. He is ranked fourth all-time among coaches in wins with 672, has 95 playoff wins and one Stanley Cup on his resume but since 1996, his teams have not made it past the first round of the playoffs - the St. Louis Blues the last to do so.

I'm really intrigued about who will come in and fill there's talk off Ted Nolan, possibly Dave Lowry from the Hitmen or a bit of a long shot in Brent Sutter coming home to Alberta.

Β 

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

Β 

Well...so much for any momentum Detroit could have gotten from that penalty kill.

3-0 Lesser Satan

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

After a disappointing end to their season, the Calgary Flames announced the firing of head coach Mike Keenan on Friday afternoon.

"Our team did not meet expectations,? Flames General Manager Darryl Sutter said in a statement. ''Following detailed evaluation over the past three weeks, and taking into consideration all factors affecting our season ending result, we believe this is a necessary change required to allow our team to continue toward our objective of winning the Stanley Cup."

Keenan became the Flames head coach on June 14, 2007. In two years with Keenan at the helm, the Flames posted a record of 88-60-16, making two playoff appearances but exiting in the first round both years.

This season Calgary finished in fifth place in the Western Conference, but were eliminated by the Chicago Blackhawks six games into the post-season.

"The Calgary Flames organization appreciates and respects Mike for accepting the opportunity to come to Calgary and are thankful for his efforts over the past two years."

Calgary was Keenan's eighth stop as an NHL head coach. He is ranked fourth all-time among coaches in wins with 672, has 95 playoff wins and one Stanley Cup on his resume but since 1996, his teams have not made it past the first round of the playoffs - the St. Louis Blues the last to do so.

I'm really intrigued about who will come in and fill there's talk off Ted Nolan, possibly Dave Lowry from the Hitmen or a bit of a long shot in Brent Sutter coming home to Alberta.

there something to be said about a coach thats been fired by 1/4th of the league. I can't believe he continues to get a job.

islandersscroll.gif

Spoilers!

"Our team did not meet expectations,? Flames General Manager Darryl Sutter said in a statement. ''Following detailed evaluation over the past three weeks, and taking into consideration all factors affecting our season ending result, we believe this is a necessary change required to allow our team to continue toward our objective of winning the Stanley Cup."

there something to be said about a coach thats been fired by 1/4th of the league. I can't believe he continues to get a job.

Maybe he interviews really well. :blink:

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

3-0 Lesser Satan

The Hawks may be up, but with two entire periods to go, there is no way I am counting out the Wings.

Mid-game prediction: Detroit wins 4-3 in OT.

6uXNWAo.png

Archived