NHL 2009 Super Special Playoff Edition Megathread

Lee.

I missed last night's game, but I just watched a video of Kronwall's hit. Why exactly did he get 5-and-a-game for interference? It was a good, clean hit on a guy with the puck.

2. Havlat did not have control of the puck, but it was in his immediate area (down by his feet).

If Havlat didn't want to play the puck, which was in his immediate area, then he should have braced himself for the hit. It's coming.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I missed last night's game, but I just watched a video of Kronwall's hit. Why exactly did he get 5-and-a-game for interference? It was a good, clean hit on a guy with the puck.

2. Havlat did not have control of the puck, but it was in his immediate area (down by his feet).

If Havlat didn't want to play the puck, which was in his immediate area, then he should have braced himself for the hit. It's coming.

It looked more like Havlat looking up made him misplay the puck. Regardless, there's no way in hell Kronwall deserved to be thrown out of the game. I don't even think the penalty was warranted....I mean, this is hockey, right?

The only punishment Kronwall should've gotten was a 2-minute interference penalty. Max. Even that would be arguable. Anything more than that is ridiculous. But then again, no one should be surprised at the call...

Wade-sig.png

The only punishment Kronwall should've gotten was a 2-minute interference penalty. Max. Even that would be arguable. Anything more than that is ridiculous. But then again, no one should be surprised at the call...

Kronwall should have gotten a charging penalty. It wasn't interference. The big thing is that the puck was within playing distance. Kronwall did not interfere with Havlat's path to the puck.

Well Pittsburgh the Pirates suck, but you may have two champions in town, the Penguins are looking awesome

I certainly didnt expect this against the Canes. When Corvo got interviewed after the second period he may as well just said that they are defeated, his actions certainly conveyed as much. With this ridiculous layoff until Game 1 of the finals it would really be better if this series lasted longer then four, but I certainly cant root against a sweep attempt.

Fun fact: The Penguins Cup-clinching win in Game 4 in 1992 was the first NHL game played in June.

Progress! This schedule is absolutely awful.

And as the playoffs have gone on I seem to keep remembering that early on in the season that the NHL wanted to have the season finished by June 4th. Which they certainly could have gotten close to if they would have shortened these layoffs between series.

I think this is the first round of criticism of the NHL Playoff schedule I can remember here.

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

I think this is the first round of criticism of the NHL Playoff schedule I can remember here.

Same here. I think the NHL kinda gets off because TV doesn't control every aspect of when the games are played until the Conference Finals. In the first two rounds, you had 3 or 4 games a night but Versus can only have 2 games. This is where the regional networks come in.

Now, the schedule can get a little odd, but I don't mind it since the games have been pretty good.

They should shorten the regular season and start the playoffs before April, that will make the playoffs end sooner.

They could keep the same number of games and stop back loading the schedule. Through the first couple of months teams get a lot of time off, they could ease up on that and still accomplish the same thing

Wow... You might as well get ready for the rematch between Detroit and Pittsburgh in the Stanley Cup Finals.

My only question is this: Can the Penguins stand toe-to-toe with the mighty Red Wings?

Archived