NHL 2009 Super Special Playoff Edition Megathread

Lee.

Damn! Chris Chelios almost sent the Hawks packing!!

Edit: Oh well, I was a nice run and no one should hang their head low. The Hawks never gave up and nothing but bright things are in their future.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
If you change teams because you want to win the cup, you're caring about yourself, and not your team

So you are against free agency?

LOL

That might be the dumbest thing Ive heard. Name me one guy in the NHL that doesnt want to win the cup? If a player wants to leave its his choice, whether its money or the cup. So if Hossa figures the Wings have a better shot at winning the cup than the Pens prior to the season, so be it.

Now if Hossa were to have stayed in Pittsburgh:

"This guy cares more about his team than anything else. He wants to finish what he couldnt complete last season."

The general sentiment here in Pittsburgh is that he left our team for not only for less money, but Hossa also took a shot at the team by saying they weren't giving him the best chance to dance with Lord Stanley. That's a big shot at our pride, so naturally we hate him.

sig2_by_sergeiofrussia.png

Don't worry, this is only the beginning of the new Blackhawks.

Western Conference Finals on their first try? not bad, i'll take it.

thanks for a good season, kept my winter and spring excited

sigpurp.png

---Owner of the NHA's Philadelphia Quakers, the UBA's Chicago Skyliners, and the CFA's Portland Beavers (2010 CFA2 Champions)---

Congratulations, Blackhawks, on getting a round deeper into it this year than I imagined was possible. And here's to keeping it rolling in '09-'10. Barkeep, play "Chelsea Dagger" one more time for me, won't you?

Also, Go Pens. And not because I hate the Red Wings, but because I like Malkin and Kunitz.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Theres the rub... Khabibulin is almost at his career end and I really dont think Huet is a legitimate starter... but who knows...

GDB... Brothers from other Mothers

www.pifflespodcast.com

This WCF was very similiar to the 1995 WCF.

Oh blow it out your a**! :P The 09 Cup Finals won't be like the 95 Cup Finals.

Detroit Dragons - 2010 ULL Gait Cup Champions

Detroit Cougars - 2010 and 2011 WAFA Wills Cup Champions

This has been a great playoff season for the NHL. Great series, good ratings, and now we get two great hockey markets meeting in a rematch from the very entertaining Stanley Cup Finals from a year ago.

I would have rather had the Devils playing in it, but other than that, as a hockey fan, I couldn't have hoped for better.

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

Huh?

The 1995 WCF went 5 games

The 2009 WCF went 5 games

The 1995 WCF Det v. Chicago

The 2009 WCF Det v. Chicago

The 1995 WCF had 3 OT Games

The 2009 WCF had 3 OT Games

The 1995 WCF Ended in an OT Game (In Detroit)

The 2009 WCF Ended in an OT Game (In Detroit)

How was the '95 and '09 WCF not similiar?

-Dan

Belts.jpg
PotD May 11th, 2011
looooooogodud: June 7th 2010 - July 5th 2012

Goodnight Chicago! Your day will come soon!

Sure, ask Jeremy Roenick!

I resent the notion that the Blackhawks will "get there eventually." There's still work to be done here.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

This has been a great playoff season for the NHL. Great series, good ratings, and now we get two great hockey markets meeting in a rematch from the very entertaining Stanley Cup Finals from a year ago.

I would have rather had the Devils playing in it, but other than that, as a hockey fan, I couldn't have hoped for better.

So very true. Despite the Habs monumental end-of-season/postseason collapse, many other series made up for it. I'm not going to name the best ones because everyone here already has a clear idea of that. When underdog teams go down swinging (or upset their adversaries), it a recipe for great hockey. Now, I hope the Penguins get the cup this time. That would be icening on the cake to what has been a fantastic postseason. Good Luck!!

That was a great season for the Hawks, and a hard fought series against the Wings. Like everyone has said, they have such a young team, the future should be bright.

And Go Pens!

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

That was a great season for the Hawks, and a hard fought series against the Wings. Like everyone has said, they have such a young team, the future should be bright.

And Go Pens!

I hope not, '67 cannot become the new '61 for the benchmark in current NHL Stanley Cup drought. :P

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

Hossa may have done what he said he would do, but it was still a kick in the nads to us. If you change teams because you want to win the cup, you're caring about yourself, and not your team, especially when you go to the team you just lost to because "they have a better chance". You don't win the cup for yourself... its a team sport, and a team prize. If the wings win again, then his team deserves to hoist it, but not necessarily him.

I don't hate Hossa, I'm not screaming "revenge!" or anything, but the chance at making someone like him feel like a fool after what he did is too great to pass up.

Besides, whatever gives the pens more motivation (than they already have), im all for it.

Other than Detroit and New Jersey, name a team that's been an annual contender for the Cup since 1995. That's why Hossa picked Detroit over Pittsburgh.

Apparently you've never heard of this "free agency" thing. Players can decide where they want to play....you can either take more money or go to a team that has the best chance of winning a championship. You're supposed to be selfish at wanting to win the Cup.

You've said a lot of stupid things....this ranks right up there.

Archived