New Indiana Pacer Uniforms

WorldSeries

This was in the Indianapolis Star this morning. I really like the Pacers retro uniforms. This could be a great change. Any ideas what the updated retro uniforms might look like?

Uniform change coming

The Pacers wore their retro uniforms for the sixth and final time Wednesday. In a couple of years, they might have permanent uniforms that reflect that design.

Pacers CEO Donnie Walsh said a design change is likely for the 2005-06 season.

"We're definitely considering it," he said. "We've put in for it. But we haven't come up with the design. We want to do something that favors our old design. We don't want to make it exactly the same, but something like that."

Some of the Pacers players have submitted ideas.

The Pacers have worn their current design since the 1997-98 season.

"That was good for its time," Walsh said. "It was a classic look and we had an older team then. But it's time for something new."

the current stuff: good, and my favorite pacers uni of all time

the throwbacks: a 'BAD' design in the 70s, a bad design now

i better order my reggie miller jersey while i can still get it in its present form :D

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

Pacers New - Beautiful (can't believe I used that word in describing an organization that I hate so much)... Classy, professional, just an overall good look (minus those gold alternates)

Pacers Old - Digusting. The only thing worse are the puke green versions worn by the Hawks. Why anyone would want to continue wearing those is beyond me. If they're gonna go with an old look, just revert back to the uniforms that were worn before the current pinstripes look. Those weren't all bad, no where close to the look they have now.

And letting players submit designs?

Worst... Idea... Ever.

"The true New Yorker secretly believes that anyone living anywhere else has got to be, in some sense, kidding."

I agree with you Nitro - players submitting their ideas for uniform design is a bad idea. Let's have our local plumber give the doctor his input at the gynacologist office. :wacko:

Players need to play the game. Let management handle the details. The players will have platinium trim and neon lights flashing for their #s. :cursing:

Kansas-BB-banner.png My-son-Soldier-banner.png

Kansas City Scouts (CHL) Orr Cup Champions 2010, 2019, 2021         St. Joseph Pony Express (ULL)  2023 Champions     Kansas City Cattle (CL)

This was in the Indianapolis Star this morning. I really like the Pacers retro uniforms. This could be a great change. Any ideas what the updated retro uniforms might look like?

Uniform change coming

The Pacers wore their retro uniforms for the sixth and final time Wednesday. In a couple of years, they might have permanent uniforms that reflect that design.

Pacers CEO Donnie Walsh said a design change is likely for the 2005-06 season.

"We're definitely considering it," he said. "We've put in for it. But we haven't come up with the design. We want to do something that favors our old design. We don't want to make it exactly the same, but something like that."

Some of the Pacers players have submitted ideas.

The Pacers have worn their current design since the 1997-98 season.

"That was good for its time," Walsh said. "It was a classic look and we had an older team then. But it's time for something new."

its about time.

The players will have platinium trim and neon lights flashing for their #s. :cursing:

That wouldn't be a far cry from the Mavericks shining silver (or garbage bag) uniforms this year, designed by Puff Daddy, I believe. (Could be wrong about the P. Diddy thing...)

The players will have platinium trim and neon lights flashing for their #s. :cursing:

That wouldn't be a far cry from the Mavericks shining silver (or garbage bag) uniforms this year, designed by Puff Daddy, I believe. (Could be wrong about the P. Diddy thing...)

I think the P Diddy jerseys are coming later...Amazingly, I don't think Puff was behind the aluminum monstrocities.

They don't have bad uniforms. I love their current yellow alternate.

utah_jazz_signature_s.jpgdenver_nuggets.gif

Utah Jazz Retired Number's

#1 - Frank Layden - #7 Pete Maravich - #12 John Stockton - #14 Jeff Hornacek - #35 Darrell Griffith - #53 Mark Eaton

Retired Number's To Come

#00 The Bear (Best Mascot In NBA) - #4 Adrian Dantley - #32 Karl "The Mailman" Malone

Didn't the late Florence Griffin Joyner design the current Pacers look? That would coincide with the 1997-98 time frame.

I believe she did the ones before these, the early-mid nineties ones.

Yes she did...I've still got my authentic Flo-Jo Reggie Miller jersey hanging up in my closet...

Florence GRIFFITH-Joyner design:

miller.jpg

A Pacer design between the 70s retros they're sporting this year and the Flo-Jo ones:

rm89frk.jpg

And to add my opinion, there's nothing wrong with what the Pacers have currently, except the pinstripes. If they removed those from the design entirely, you'd have something INCREDIBLY basic, but better looking.

48142444846_3aa6afbd89_m.jpgNCAA Baseball Champions | 2014, 2019 

facebook

the Pacers uni's now are the best in the league. They have such a classy, old-school look. They got it right...

..and now they are going to fu*k it up. Way to go, Pacers Marketing!

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

i like the retro ones they wore this year, and would like them to go back to that look. however i wouldnt mind them going back to these as well (not that they will). anything to get away from the pinstripes! i hate any b-ball uni that has pinstripes. they cant just get rid of the pinstrpes either, because then all they would have would be navy and yellow magic rip-offs.

the Pacers uni's now are the best in the league. They have such a classy, old-school look. They got it right...

..and now they are going to fu*k it up. Way to go, Pacers Marketing!

In my opinion, the Flo-Jo's were perfect, and these current ones suck, suck, suck.

Archived