The Road to Omaha

HedleyLamarr

No mercy rule, but I think the NCAA should adopt a rule like, say, 10 runs after 7 played or 15 runs after 5 played.

Isn't that the definition of a Mercy Rule? If a team is up, say 10, after the 7th inning the game is over?

Some conferences have a mercy rule enforced, but it's not a universal NCAA rule.

There shouldn't be a mercy rule when you get to the tourney. Suck it up and play with the big boys.

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply
No mercy rule, but I think the NCAA should adopt a rule like, say, 10 runs after 7 played or 15 runs after 5 played.

Isn't that the definition of a Mercy Rule? If a team is up, say 10, after the 7th inning the game is over?

Some conferences have a mercy rule enforced, but it's not a universal NCAA rule.

There shouldn't be a mercy rule when you get to the tourney. Suck it up and play with the big boys.

Agreed, if you are in the NCAA tournament, you should not be losing by 30+ runs, and if you do too bad.

saBS.png

Super Regionals are set, BTW. Here's the matchups:

-TCU vs. (1) Texas

-Southern Miss vs. (8) Florida

-East Carolina vs. (4) North Carolina

-Clemson vs. (5) Arizona State

-Rice vs. (3) LSU

-Virginia vs. Ole Miss

-Louisville vs. (2) Cal State Fullerton

-Arkansas vs. Florida State

Super Regionals are set, BTW. Here's the matchups:

-TCU vs. (1) Texas

-Southern Miss vs. (8) Florida

-East Carolina vs. (4) North Carolina

-Clemson vs. (5) Arizona State

-Rice vs. (3) LSU

-Virginia vs. Ole Miss

-Louisville vs. (2) Cal State Fullerton

-Arkansas vs. Florida State

My picks in bold

Well, I didn't have very high expectations for Vandy, but thought they had a chance once they got to Monday. Good run to close the season, and they should be better next year.

I was pretty disapointed in Minny. Not that they didn't make the Supers, but that they didn't have a better showing. This looked like their year to at least make a run at a Super.

And finally, UCI pulled a Vandy from two years ago. #1 all year, and can't get out of a home regional. Very disapointing. Sure, maybe they got screwed by the NCAA with a tough regional, but if you want to be #1, you gotta beat everyone - early, or late, and the 'Eaters couldn't do that...

I guess I'm left to root for Rice and Fullerton. I have no specific reason, just picking them...

Moose

Minnesota lost because LSU plays great postseason baseball, and they're my pick to win it all.

Like I said - I wasn't totally surprised that they lost to LSU - they're a great team. I was more directing my comments to their loss to Baylor (one of the two most controversial teams in the tourney - under .500 in the Big XII), and their dissapointing Big 10 tourney (two losses to Indiana). Great regular season (35-15), poor post-season (5-4 including Big 10 Tourney)...

Moose

Virginia goes to Omaha! The Cavs win 5-1 at Ole Miss and now will face LSU in Omaha

Also today, TCU knocks off Texas to set up a deciding game tomorrow night in Austin with the winner getting the winner of the Florida-Southern Miss Super Regional (which has Game 2 tonight and if USM wins, they join UVa as first timers to Omaha. If Florida wins, Game 3 is tomorrow night) and let's not forget Arizona State-Clemson Game 2 tonight (A Sun Devils win means they'll face North Carolina in Omaha while a Clemson win means Game 3 tomorrow night).

The University of Virginia made the CWS...I have seen it all. Of course, they're going to get embarrassed in Omaha, but I'm happy as hell for the Hoos.

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

CWS matchups:

Texas vs. Southern Miss

Arizona St. vs. North Carolina

Cal St. Fullerton vs. Arkansas

LSU vs. Virginia

Predicted winners in bold although I am not certain about the ASU/UNC matchup.

CWS matchups:

Texas vs. Southern Miss

Arizona St. vs. North Carolina

Cal St. Fullerton vs. Arkansas

LSU vs. Virginia

Predicted winners in bold although I am not certain about the ASU/UNC matchup.

That ASU/NC contest is going to be Da' Bomb. Two of the best staffs in College Baseball going head to head. Man I wish I was going to be in Omaha!

"Post Hoc, Ergo Propter Hoc!:  "After this, therefore, because of this."

f3dca0b9-3d53-4cd3-b468-7ac58806b3dc.png

Archived