The Road to Omaha

HedleyLamarr

CWS matchups:

Texas vs. Southern Miss

Arizona St. vs. North Carolina

Cal St. Fullerton vs. Arkansas

LSU vs. Virginia

Predicted winners in bold although I am not certain about the ASU/UNC matchup.

That ASU/NC contest is going to be Da' Bomb. Two of the best staffs in College Baseball going head to head. Man I wish I was going to be in Omaha!

Come on up! :D That is going to be a great game. I hope I will be able to make it for that one. I'll go Texas, UNC, CSF, and LSU.

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I will make my prediction now

Arizona State University Sun Devils

Of course I am biased as they are my alma mater, but I predict Leake will be the MVP of the tournament

I will make my prediction now

Arizona State University Sun Devils

Of course I am biased as they are my alma mater, but I predict Leake will be the MVP of the tournament

Going for the "throw enough spaghetti against the wall, something will stick" school of prediction Gary?

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

I guess I'll pull for Southern Miss. They came to Troy earlier this past season, and they killed us in the three games they played here.

P.S.: If any of you feel that their road jerseys are WAY too cluttered, I could not agree more. They need to ditch the numbers on the front.

Arizona St. defeats North Carolina 5-2 in 10 innings.

YAY

There ya go Drew, go with that feeling

That's the feeling I have. I'm pulling for ASU. I have a friend that's going there next year, and that's the most of a connection I have with any of these teams.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

My uncle across town is an USM alumni and former baseball player, so he's pretty geeked up about Southern Miss in the CWS. Obviously that's who I'm pulling for.

My alma mater (well, my first alma mater) LSU soundly thrashes Arkansas, 9-1.

The Tigers appear to be peaking at the right time and looking tough to beat... they'll play the winner of the Arkansas/Virginia matchup, and with a win are in the best-of-three championship series....

In the other bracket, I'm cheering for cinderella (Southern Miss) 'cause about half of my family went there... it's a shame the way they lost that sloppy game against Texas....

It is what it is.

Well, Southern Miss has to win today against UNC or Cinderella is going to hear that clock strike at Midnight.

Also tonight, Arizona State takes on Texas to see who will join LSU as 2-0 teams.

Archived