Seahawks lime jersey spotted in Madden 10 video

HisAirness24

two things.

1) I think it looks awesome!!

2) Yeah, Madden has done this before. I have Madden 09 for ps2...the raiders had a silver alternate...the lions had a black and a silver alternate...the rams had a gold alternate... there is also a slew of uniforms that have never been worn by teams.

The Falcons have the black/red/black set with red striped socks...something Atl never wore. (also, the same with black striped socks...they never wore that either). The Ravens have black pants with a white stripe and double striped socks as a road combo on the game. The Bears have the orange jersey and white pants with a throwback helmet ... for some reason... !?! list goes on and on... I dont know why Madden gets so off track with uniforms... but sometimes cool combos pop up

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I was searching to see if the Rams ever wore the gold alt. in action but couldnt find any game pics, but all the pics of the gold jersey said "Replica".

However, I found this, when did the Rams have the gold going down the side? Is this a fan concept?

http://rds.yahoo.com/_ylt=A0WTefW6ySFKIz4B.../t1_holt_ap.jpg

and no, the Rams removed that from their uniform in 2002?? I wanna say after their last superbowl against NE. On NFL Fever 2002 the Rams had that jersey with white pants with streamlined blue piping and blue pants with streamlined white and gold piping... i can never find a pic, but i remember playing and going...wtf!?!?!?!

I was searching to see if the Rams ever wore the gold alt. in action but couldnt find any game pics, but all the pics of the gold jersey said "Replica".

However, I found this, when did the Rams have the gold going down the side? Is this a fan concept?

http://rds.yahoo.com/_ylt=A0WTefW6ySFKIz4B.../t1_holt_ap.jpg

and no, the Rams removed that from their uniform in 2002?? I wanna say after their last superbowl against NE. On NFL Fever 2002 the Rams had that jersey with white pants with streamlined blue piping and blue pants with streamlined white and gold piping... i can never find a pic, but i remember playing and going...wtf!?!?!?!

Yea I looked it up and it said the striping down the side last for the 2000 and 2001 season than it was removed. Thats why I edited my post and took it out lol.

beLEAF

Okay, that combination looks atrocious. Seriously, I know many of the CCSLC'ers cream themselves even thinking about the lime green jerseys, but that helmet, that jersey color, with those sleeves? It. Looks. Like. Hot. Garbage.

I know Gregga, I know. It just reminds me of Kerwin Bell. For some.reason.I.must.like.it.

bell-thunder.jpg

I think it looks great and have been calling for this for years.

For those of you not in the Seattle area I think the rave green is very "mainstream" here especially with the popularity of the Sounders FC. You see the Sounders FC rave green all around town and see it increasingly in Seahawk's items now too. If I'm not mistaken the Sounders FC jerseys are top MLS sellers so the color is not discouraging purchases.

I know a lot of you hate it but it's one of those things that once you see it enough (as is the case here in Seattle) it doesn't seem so odd or out of place.

For those of you not in the Seattle area I think the rave green is very "mainstream" here especially with the popularity of the Sounders FC. You see the Sounders FC rave green all around town and see it increasingly in Seahawk's items now too. If I'm not mistaken the Sounders FC jerseys are top MLS sellers so the color is not discouraging purchases.

I know a lot of you hate it but it's one of those things that once you see it enough (as is the case here in Seattle) it doesn't seem so odd or out of place.

So is that what you all call that shade of green or is that what the Sounders call it? (I honestly don't know.)

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

So is that what you all call that shade of green or is that what the Sounders call it? (I honestly don't know.)

Good question. I don't know if it's officially called that, but that's what I've heard it called on the broadcasts and on sports radio.

Its not the color itself I think sucks so bad (I love those old Thunder jerseys)... its the thought of that loud extra-bright green being worn with the dirty extra-dull blue. Stomach turning thought.

The jersey alone? OK

The jersey with that helmet? Nasty

The jersey with that helmet AND the blue pants? Vomit inducing

Its not the color itself I think sucks so bad (I love those old Thunder jerseys)... its the thought of that loud extra-bright green being worn with the dirty extra-dull blue. Stomach turning thought.

The jersey alone? OK

That's exactly my point.

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

these EXACT jerseys were sold in the Seahawks Pro Shop last season.

I bet they will wear em this year.

Next time I'm in Seattle I need to pick one up. I think a bright green TJ Houshmandzadeh would be a good addition to my jersey collection.

The jersey alone? OK

That's exactly my point.

I think I'm going to have to go ahead and sort of disagree with you on that one. I think those colors look great together, and think it'd be a nice looking (alt) uniform.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Archived