favourite team

ivan26278

Cowboys - Jerry Jones

Phillies- The fact that the fans let Mets Fans Take Over The BallPark when they play In Philly, And The Fact that there seems to be a lot more fans that came out of the woodworks after the World Series Last Year. Damn I Hate Bandwagons

Flyers - Never making it to the Finals

You should probably qualify that statement.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Cowboys - Jerry Jones

Phillies- The fact that the fans let Mets Fans Take Over The BallPark when they play In Philly, And The Fact that there seems to be a lot more fans that came out of the woodworks after the World Series Last Year. Damn I Hate Bandwagons

How does one become a Phillies and Cowboys fan?

Mets - The fact that ownership seems to have a disconnect from the fanbase, that the organization always thinks the fans don't know any better, that they seem to care more about avoiding negative PR than anything else, even though by doing so they bring more of it upon themselves that they try to deflect away.

Jets - They always find some way to make the other shoe drop. Whether it's missing 2 field goals in the last 2 minutes of a Playoff game in Pittsburgh, Mark Gastineau, Richard Todd and AJ Duhe, whatever it may be. I honestly believe Joe Namath made a deal with the devil to win Super Bowl III.

Rangers - James Dolan is a moron, at least they're not a circus like the Knicks are, but he'll never put Glen Sather's job in jeopardy. Actually, I'm not sure Sather has anything to do with the team since he seems to always be hanging out in Banff anyway.

Nets - I used to care about basketball, but now I couldn't care less so uh, whatever.

65caba33-7cfc-417f-ac8e-5eb8cdd12dc9_zps

I didn't like Tottenham Hotspur's away kits this past season.

http://i.imgur.com/4ahMZxD.png

koizim said:
And...and ya know what we gotta do? We gotta go kick him in da penis. He'll be injured. Injured bad.

COYS and Go Sox

Cowboys - Jerry Jones

You should probably qualify that statement.

i Should Say The Finals in The Past Decade.

29.gif

Flames - The very poor record of Drafting and along with that a poor development of those players.

I have to many flaws with all my teams so that's why I just talk about my absolute favorite team.

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

Not a whole lot to dislike about being a UNC fan right now. We're ranked #2 in the Director's Cup standings and just became the first ACC school ever to go to a bowl game, final four, and college world series in the same year, and several of our other sports have had excellent seasons as well. My only gripe is that we waited until my junior year to fire Bunting and hire Butch Davis. That, and our non-basketball uniforms aren't nearly as good as they should be.

Hurricanes--crappy end to an exciting playoff run. Hopefully, management can fill in some of the team's current holes in the offseason.

Panthers--The easy answer is Jake Delhomme, but I've come to terms with the fact that he'll be the starter going into this season. He's a serviceable quarterback, despite his occasional Jekyll-and-Hyde games. I'm much more concerned about how the defense collapsed down the stretch. If that isn't fixed, then the Jake situation will be rendered moot.

Charlotte Hornets--that they don't exist anymore, that they took their name with them to New Orleans, and that they were replaced by the Charlotte Bobcats.

Charlotte Bobcats--that their owner is Bob Johnson. But that should change soon.

Cowboys - Jerry Jones

How does one become a Phillies and Cowboys fan?

Dad Was A Diehard Cowboys Fan... And The Scranton/Wilkes Barre Red Barons were the Local minor league team so i followed the Phillies. Plus They were the only team i was able to watch consistently on tv.

29.gif

Cubs- well, I think we all know the answer to this one :cry:

sigpurp.png

---Owner of the NHA's Philadelphia Quakers, the UBA's Chicago Skyliners, and the CFA's Portland Beavers (2010 CFA2 Champions)---

Sharks-Duh

Giants-Offensive offense

49ers-2003-present

Kings-teams poor, effort poor, management poor, arena poor

AZ Football-Choking to Stanford, New Mexico, and Oregon State last year

AZ Basketball-Non existent 3 point defense

san-francisco-giants-cap.jpgsanfranciscob.gifArizonaWildcats4.gifcalirvine.jpg
BEAR DOWN ARIZONA!

2013/14 Tanks Picks Champion

Tampa Bay Buccaneers...oh boy, where do I start with this one?

All personal/emotional stuff to the side (like the dismissing of both my cousin and one of my favorite RBs to watch play ever since his FSU days), I really hate the fact that, this team's GM and head coach really just have not painted any kind of vision for this team. What kind of team will Buccaneer nation see this year and beyond? We knew what we were getting with Dungy's teams...a battering ram/lightning in a bottle offensive attack (with a couple aerial strikes mixed in for good measure), and a virtual track meet on defense. With Gruden's teams--we knew wqe'd never see the same QB for more than two consecutive seasons, we knew the guy loved veterans, and we knew Chucky had a way of alienating some of his most important players, yet still they somehow managed to hold it together. Now that pretty much everything I've known about the Buccaneers has been blown to sheeiit...what are we getting this year (besides possibly 5-11) and for the future? Can anybody tell me? (Oh--and let me add that I absolutely DETEST how tight-fisted ol' man Glazer is with the moolah...)

Jacksonville Jaguars...my chief complaint for the past four or five years with this team is how they've seemingly been trying to fabricate chemistry and leadership. Shack Harris and Jack Del Rio (who I contend should have been cut loose a couple years ago), and now this new GM Gene Smith, talk a good game-they TALK of "who will be the leaders" and how they team will be this cohesive element with "quality character" guys--in short, they're trying TOO HARD to BE the Steelers of the South. (It's a "nickname they've been given, mostly by the Steeler transplants who've ended up in Duval for whatever reason.) The Steelers franchise has developed its reputation over many years--nothing had to be "fabricated"...its was organic, for the most part, IMO. Oh--and don't get me started on the uniforms...

Florida State Seminoles (football)...Give it up, Bobby B. Look, I got as much love for you as anyone who bleeds garnet and craps gold, but seriously, go on back to Alabama and enjoy what years of your life you have left in the woods or up in a cabin somwhere. Go fishing. Play with your grandlittles. Just get OFF the dadgum sidelines already!! (Oh--and I think it's about time the school got an athletic director who wasn't himself a former 'Nole footballer...might help tone down all the scandalous mess a lil' bit.)

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

I'm a Cleveland sports fan. How much time do you have?

Not that much...some of us got lives to live, you know??? ^_^

(I'll give you your props, though, for hanging tough for 40+ years. Cleveland Fan Lifetime Achievement Award, perhaps??)

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

I hate the Thrashers management, especially Don Waddell, who I despise, as he consistently has chances to make a good trade or pick up a good free agent, but fails to do so, part of the problem might be the team's lack of commitment to pay big bucks to a really good player. I would have liked to see the Thrashers lock up Kovalchuk and Hossa with huge deals, and build the team around that core, but with 0 playoff wins in 9 seasons, it is obvious that this is a pathetically run franchise (albeit with some young talent), and I don't see it turning around any time soon.

And the Coyotes (where to begin?) ... they just trade away all of their good players, or let them get away. Jokinen, Esche, Handzus, Nagy, Briere, the list goes on.

My teams (Washington Redskins, Baltimore Orioles, and New York Knicks) share the same malady...of course it starts with their horrendous ownership, all are among the worst run franchises in all of big-time professional sports.

I also like the New Jersey Devils, they are not poorly run at all, but I said big-time professional sports. The only thing I don't like about the Devils is that I have to share something I actually like with both tNak and Kinger. Oh, and they totally need to go back to the green.

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

Falcons: I am completely satisfied with the way that the organization is ran right now...but basically, my main beef with this team is the fact that they've ALWAYS been built for one good year, never for sustained success. I think that the newest regime has fixed that, so I guess I'll have to find a new pet peeve. Hopefully not. :P

Hawks & Thrashers: TERRIBLE Management. Don Waddell's decisions have basically dragged the Thrashers to the point where they are now. It's really a miracle that the Hawks have made the playoffs 2 consecutive years in a row with the bad FO decisions that Billy Knight made during his tenure and the awful coaching of Mike Woodson. I know Sund is the new GM and he did a good job of bringing Flip Murray and Mo Evans to the squad, but the stench of Knight's decisions are still there.

Braves: I guess it's due to the fact there's less money for this franchise to use, but it seems like there's a commitment to mediocrity. They've done a good job of shaking that after the moves that they made last week, but before it basically felt like the team was just content on doing stuff to get the fans to the game, instead of winning. Once again, they're slowly shaking that, but it still feels like it's there.

Mississippi State football: A 3-2 loss. That should tell you everything.

So they don't have enough fans and they have too many fans?

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

I hate the way the Wild decide in the first five minutes of a game if they "have it or not" that night and play flat for the rest of the night in a self-fulfilling effort.

What do you mean "we came out flat?!" Get over it and bust your ass!

HansonsSig.jpg

Click here to read Third String Goalie - The Hockey Jersey of the Day Blog

Click here to see my hockey and baseball jersey collection online

?You don?t like to see 20 kids punching 20 other kids. But it?s not a disgrace, It?s hockey.? - Michael Farber

Archived