09/10 NHL Off-Season Thread

Neon_Matrix

Here's a list of possible destinations (in my mind) of Players that are left

Big Fish

Martin Havlat: New Jersey Minnesota

Alex Kovalev: NY Rangers

Alex Tanguay: Vancouver

Saku Koivu: Minnesota (Joins his brother)

Nik Antropov: Nashville

Old Guys

Joe Sakic: Colorado (Just can't see him leaving)

Mats Sundin: Toronto or Retires

Robert Lang: Carolina

John Madden: New York Islanders Chicago

Defense

Francois Beauchemin: Montreal

Derek Morris: Colorado

Adrian Aucoin: Buffalo

Sergei Zubov: Nashville

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Come on Chuck Fletcher. Do something. All these forwards that the Wild could use so badly have all been signed. Marion Gaborik: signed. Marian Hossa: signed. Daniel and Henrik Sedin: signed. Mike Cammalleri: signed. I didn't want Gaborik at all, so that one you can throw out the window, and I think there was a 0% chance of him coming back anyways. The Sedins you can also throw out the window because it was a package and they would have been very tough to sign. Hossa was a little out of reach, but I really wanted Cammalleri. We can't score, so we might as well pay a goal scorer, but too late. I hope we sign Saku Koivu, now. He will still add a lot more offense than what we currently have even if he is getting older. Plus, he and Mikko would make a great team IMO.

Twins.pngGoldenGophers.png

John Madden to the Blackhawks per TSN.

1 year deal 2.5 Million I believe.

"Dollar" Bill Writz must be spinning in his grave!

-Dan

So that's it for Havlat in Chicago I have a feeling he'll be heading to play with the Rangers or Devils but the Wild and Canucks could easily get in on him as well.

Flames have signed Freddy Sjostrom if this is what Sutter ment by little spending I think he could have done a lot more.

You'll like Shoe...he's a pretty good penalty killer, he's aggressive and he forechecks well. I would've liked to see him come back with the Rangers but there wasn't really room.

65caba33-7cfc-417f-ac8e-5eb8cdd12dc9_zps

^ The guy signs Bouwmeester and your on him for that? ^

Thanks for the info meadow.

Darryl confuses many but who knows this could work out he was a former Hitmen player and played most of the season with the Rangers last season and we need more Euro talent on this team.

But he probably could have gone out and got Mike Grier for a little bit more.

^ The guy signs Bouwmeester and your on him for that? ^

I think he meant "little" spending as in guys that are going to be brought in on the cheap, they could've done better.

I know what he meant but the pie can only be carved so many ways. With big contracts to Phaneuf, Kipprusoff, Iginla and now Bouwmeester he is bound to sign a few jobbers to fill out the roster.

-Dan

Belts.jpg
PotD May 11th, 2011
looooooogodud: June 7th 2010 - July 5th 2012

I think we may see Havlat or Beauchemin end up in Vancouver. I dont know why, but I can see it happening.

They could but it would put them like right up against the cap if Havlat signs for 6 mill (Doubtful) and Beauchemin 3.5 mill (Really doubtful), Somebody will spend close to 5 on Beauchemin because he is the last of the top end defensive talent left now but we will have to see.

They could have one but not the other.

The Blue Jackets were relatively quiet this year, but it doesn't mean they did nothing. They picked up Mathieu Garon as a steady backup for Steve Mason. I'm pleased that Mason now has a more reliable backup than Wade Dubielewicz and it'll help take some of the stress off of the starting goaltender. Mason showed obvious signs of fatigue at the end of last season and in the series against Detroit because Hitchcock literally couldn't afford not to play him down the stretch. This signing eases that and it also probably means a Dan Lacosta trade sometime soon. The terms of the deal are something like 1.25 mil per year for two years. I'm not big on paying backups that much, but oh well.

They also picked up Sami Pahlsson for 3 years at 2.65 million a year. He'll be a quality third line center which likely means one of my favorite players, Manny Malhotra, will not be resigned, but Pahlsson's the better player if we're being honest. It'll suck to see Malhotra go because outside of Rick Nash, he's been Mr. Blue Jacket around town.

I trust Scott Howson, he's patient, he doesn't flip out like Maclean used to or give the players the "my way or the highway" speech the second they stepped in the door, and he's building the team the way you should. If I could put his name on a jersey and wear it, I would.

PvO6ZWJ.png

Darryl confuses many but who knows this could work out he was a former Hitmen player and played most of the season with the Rangers last season and we need more Euro talent on this team.

I'm telling you. Save this post because when you realize how good of a penalty killer and forechecker he is, you won't be disappointed.

Are the Habs going to keep signing members of the 02-03 New Jersey Devils?? Some say they will bring a "winning attitude" to the locker room. In reality, teams appear to be cleaning their slate. They are moving foward with younger guns and shipping their leftovers to us. That's how I feel, and rightfully so. The team can make much better financial decisions with all the money they have, yet they ended up paying a so-so player the same annual salary as Jarome Iginla. With that said, I only have two words left to say: Fire Gainey!!!!!!!!!!

I'm telling you. Save this post because when you realize how good of a penalty killer and forechecker he is, you won't be disappointed.

Oh I'll take your word on Freddy, I just hope he can relive his Junior days in Calgary but translate it to the big club.

Are the Habs going to keep signing members of the 02-03 New Jersey Devils?? Some say they will bring a "winning attitude" to the locker room. In reality, teams appear to be cleaning their slate. They are moving foward with younger guns and shipping their leftovers to us. That's how I feel, and rightfully so. The team can make much better financial decisions with all the money they have, yet they ended up paying a so-so player the same annual salary as Jarome Iginla. With that said, I only have two words left to say: Fire Gainey!!!!!!!!!!

Yeah, you're like the Mets of the NHL.

Nah, that'd be the Leafs. Never mind.

Archived