09/10 NHL Off-Season Thread

Neon_Matrix

Patrick Kane and a relative were arrested this morning in his hometown of Buffalo after allegedly punching a cab driver and not paying their fare.

http://www.buffalonews.com/home/story/758903.html

what a bastard!

duscarf2013.pngg6uheq4mgvrndguzuzak1pcte.gif
"I don't understand where you got this idea so deeply ingrained in your head (that this world) is something that you must impress, cause I couldn't care less"

http://keepdcunited.org

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Patrick Kane and a relative were arrested this morning in his hometown of Buffalo after allegedly punching a cab driver and not paying their fare.

what a bastard!

What a black eye for the Blackhawks.

even more than the disputed rfa qo's, or the Hossa contract investigation/fiasco? wow, for a team that was coming of age with new management and a new era it sure has been a disastrous offseason.

"I don't understand where you got this idea so deeply ingrained in your head (that this world) is something that you must impress, cause I couldn't care less"

Kaner's showing toughness!

it sure has been a disastrous offseason

The Blackhawks strengthened their front office and roster. Quelle disastre!

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

what a bastard!

What a black eye for the Blackhawks.

even more than the disputed rfa qo's, or the Hossa contract investigation/fiasco? wow, for a team that was coming of age with new management and a new era it sure has been a disastrous offseason.

Of course! If one of your two franchise players fall from the pedestal, it makes things a bit more difficult for the fan base. It's as if the Blackhawks organization is trying too hard to head back to obscurity.

Like Theo Fleury in a Columbus strip club. *sigh* At what point is one drunk enough to think that beating the :censored: out of someone over 20¢ seems like a brilliant idea? Because, I gotta say, I've done my share of drinking, but I've never been that drunk.

With the offseason this team has had, I get the feeling this season is either going to be one of "pushing off-ice issues aside on the march toward greatness," or that late-March game against the Coyotes is going to be the battle for 14th place. The Chicago Sports Pessimist in me is strongly leaning toward the latter.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

I think people are overreacting. Doesn't help that a lot of Blackhawks fans are rooting for the team to fail because they demoted Old-Time Hockey Teddy Bear Dale Tallon. It's still a loaded roster. They're not finishing in 14th place.

I think the Kane story will settle down and not be as bad as we thought, too. Someone will take the fall, or the charges will be dropped, or something. They'll blame it on the cousin because everyone knows Patrick Kane can't throw a punch.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

i really like Patrick Kane, and this incident doesnt change how i feel about him as a hockey player. hopefully this is just a one time thing which i think it is, but man what a big mistake, punching a cabbie of all people over 20 cents? give me a break. just eat the damn change. at least (im assuming they were drunk cause the report does not say they were) they didnt make the even stupider mistake of driving home. if they werent drunk, that makes it much worse imo.

I think people are overreacting. Doesn't help that a lot of Blackhawks fans are rooting for the team to fail because they demoted Old-Time Hockey Teddy Bear Dale Tallon. It's still a loaded roster. They're not finishing in 14th place.

I think the Kane story will settle down and not be as bad as we thought, too. Someone will take the fall, or the charges will be dropped, or something. They'll blame it on the cousin because everyone knows Patrick Kane can't throw a punch.

Ba-zing.

Anyway, I hope you're right. It just seems like the last couple of months have set a bad tone, and then I look at the depth chart at goaltender and find my head projecting toward the desk. Hopefully, it'll all blow over.

And I'm guessing that anyone rooting for the Hawks to fail because they canned Tallon is likely also rooting for the Bears to fail this year because they got rid of Orton. In other words, complete dopes. Tallon undeniably ruined the team's cap in order to acquire a guy with a bum shoulder, and to save on postage. He may have transformed the Hawks from a team with a sustainable plan for a long run in the future into a team that better win this year, or else.

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

This has been a disastrous offseason because of the bad PR. They had built up so much of a positive buzz over the last two seasons, and now much of that is gone because of this summer.

I blame myself.

Still, I have to post this:

Patrick%20Kane.jpg

Could anyone do a mock-up of him on the cover, except in cuffs?

Ba-zing.

Or, maybe the game will now cost 20 cents.

Ba-zing.

Friday, December 11th. Blackhawks @ Sabres.

If it isn't 20-Cent Wing Night at the arena, that whole promotions staff needs to get fired.

If it isn't 20-Cent Wing Night at the arena, that whole promotions staff needs to get fired.

That's priceless. Or, to Patrick Kane, worth 20 cents.

Seriously, can I use that on my blog?

By all means.

By all means.

Gracias.

In case any other Hawks fans want to have some fun with this.

http://tinyurl.com/npolu2

This has been a disastrous offseason because of the bad PR. They had built up so much of a positive buzz over the last two seasons, and now much of that is gone because of this summer.

I blame myself.

Still, I have to post this:

Patrick%20Kane.jpg

Could anyone do a mock-up of him on the cover, except in cuffs?

Ba-zing.

Or, maybe the game will now cost 20 cents.

Ba-zing.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't EA switch from Dany Heatley to Joe Sakic on its cover in 2004 after Heatley's crash that killed Snyder?

So smug

I personally hope the NHL comes down on him hard, because by the sounds of early rumblings the Blackhawks won't I don't care if your a star player you should act respectful wherever you are. I hope Pat Kane gets the punishment of a life time.

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

So smug

I personally hope the NHL comes down on him hard, because by the sounds of early rumblings the Blackhawks won't I don't care if your a star player you should act respectful wherever you are. I hope Pat Kane gets the punishment of a life time.

now, dont get me wrong, i agree with you that the nhl should punish him, but c'mon, its not like the guy killed dogs for sport or shot up a strip club. he was a cheap mofo who hit a cabbie, nothing more, nothing less, yeah its a :censored:ed up thing to do, but believe me, there are worst things that a pro athlete can do, i know, i watch the NFL.

Archived