09/10 NHL Off-Season Thread

Neon_Matrix

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I can hear the "Taxi" chants at Joe this season when the Hawks come play the Wings, he's gonna get it not only form wings fans and agitators like Maltby and Lebda.

Maltby should just stick with counting his blessings that somebody is still willing to pay him to play.

-Dan

Belts.jpg
PotD May 11th, 2011
looooooogodud: June 7th 2010 - July 5th 2012

Typical. I choose the hawks as my second favorite team and Kane as my favorite non-penguin, even get a (blank) jersey and a Kane T-shirt, and both the team and Kane go and do this stuff.

That's what happens when you choose a team. You don't choose a team, they choose you. The Blackhawks chose me, so I was willing to ride out the bad days before Rocky took over, and I'm willing to ride this out.

If I chose them, I could just drop them. But I didn't, so I can't.

Honestly, I don't understand this choosing of teams. You watch games and they choose you one way or another.

Well, in a way, they did choose me. I played as them on NHL09 one time, and I liked how fast and skillful they were and I fell in love with their jerseys. I was pleasantly surprised to see they were just the same in real life. The game the pens played against them this past season was amazing, not only because of the pens win, but because of how both teams matched up and played. The Hawks remind me of the pens in some ways. And I like Patrick Kane because he is a talented young player, from the US to boot. Plus I like the history they have there.

oBIgzrL.png

Playing with a team in NHL 09 is no way to pick a (second) favorite team. I've never understood the second favorite team. I'm a Canuck and Seahawk fan, I wouldn't support another NHL or NFL team. It would be like cheating on them.

Playing with a team in NHL 09 is no way to pick a (second) favorite team. I've never understood the second favorite team. I'm a Canuck and Seahawk fan, I wouldn't support another NHL or NFL team. It would be like cheating on them.

Hence why I say: "I was pleasantly surprised to see they were just the same in real life."

I don't see there being anything wrong with liking another team. That means a lot, with me being as much of a homer as I am (made out to be). I don't cheer for them, I just like them. I don't care if they lose, and would always put my primary team above them. If they met in the finals, I would drop all favoritism towards the Hawks... then pick it up afterward, unless the pens lost to them. Then I might abandon the Hawks.

oBIgzrL.png

I can hear the "Taxi" chants at Joe this season when the Hawks come play the Wings, he's gonna get it not only form wings fans and agitators like Maltby and Lebda.

Personally, I think "Twenty-Cents" is a better chant. I mean, I guess I can understand doing something stupid when you're drunk, but when you make $875,000/year, why the hell do you care about twenty cents. For that matter, where's the freaking tip? I think if you're a pro athlete, you ought to be slapping on a 20-30% tip.

14708981.png

Awesome!

Four times IHL Nielson Cup Champions - Montréal Shamrocks (2008-2009 // 2009-2010 // 2012-2013 // 2014-2015)

Five times TNFF Confederation Cup Champions - Yellowknife Eagles (2009 CC VI // 2010 CC VII // 2015 CC XII // 2017 CC XIV // 2018 CC XV)

Archived