Favorite and Least Favorite Uniforms

RaiseTheBanner

Don't know if this has been done recently, if so please graveyard it. I thought it'd be interesting to hear everyones favorite/least favorite uniform. Maybe you've forgotten about a great uniform and someone will bring it up here.

My favorite: tough choice, probably the most recent sonics home jersey

Least favorite: tequila sunrise

RedSox2.pngCeltics.pngVikings.pngBruins.png

BOSTON.png

avatar by crkraider22, signature by crkraider22 and chestnutz

Don't know if this has been done recently, if so please graveyard it. I thought it'd be interesting to hear everyones favorite/least favorite uniform. Maybe you've forgotten about a great uniform and someone will bring it up here.

longroad.jpg

no love for tequila sunrise? that was a great song by the eagles. ^_^

islandersscroll.gif

Spoilers!

I can't say that there is one single favorite for me; just too many choices and sports. That said, I'll break it down into major sports:

MLB:

Favorites:

Royals 80's Powder Blue button-up

Phillies Maroon/Powder

Cardinals current

Astros 80's (post-Tequilla Sunrise)

Angels 80's

Giants 70's-80's

Least Favorites:

Current Blackjays

Mets Black Alternates

Marlins Black Tops

Pirates Red Alts. (2008)

Astros current (more "blah" than "blech!", not hated, just disliked, and Old West-y looking)

NFL:

Favorites:

Broncos pre-1996 orange

Panthers current blue alt.

Panthers current white

White Bucs pre-1996

Browns current

Browns Orange Alt. (I'm serious)

Jaguars 1996 (with block numbers, and, oh yea, teal numbers)

Oilers pre-renaming to Titans

Texans red (just wear white pants!)

Least Favorites:

Cardinals current whites

Jaguars black alts.

Rams, 2001-present

Broncos all-blue (vomit-inducing)

Titans all-navy

Falcons, post-Vick-drafting

NBA:

Favorites:

Jazz green alts., early 1980s

Bulls current

Bucks current (that includes the red alts.)

Thunder homes (RIP Sonics)

Sonics, 2001-2008 to OKC move

NO Hornets gold alternates (stopped wearing before last year)

Pre-pajama Rockets

Gold/maroon Cavs alts.

Pistons current

Heat whites with red/orange trim

Least Favorites:

Mid-90s-Lebron's drafting Cavs (though orange/sky blue would be good together, but black?)

Rockets jammies

Pistons teal/red/gold/black (may be good somewhere else, maybe in a minor league, but not on the Pistons)

Wizards

Nets gradient

76ers late 90s to 2008

Raptors and Grizzlies inagural sets

NHL

Favorites:

Bruins 90s-pre-EDGE (racing stripes, I'm wearing that now)

Devils Xmas (both white and red; I've got a white)

Whalers, green and white

Atlanta/Calgary Flames (through the 80s)

Canucks green/blue stick-in-rink era

Golden Seals, both green/gold and teal/gold

Cleveland Barons

Avalanche, pre-EDGE (mains)

North Stars, early 1980s (with just some black trim)

Hurricanes mains, post-EDGE (shoulder-yoke trim does it for me)

Coyotes white, pre-EDGE, post-logo change

Penguins "skating Penguin" gold jersey

Sharks, post-EDGE (mains)

Rockies

Least Favorites:

Oilers, post-EDGE

Panthers, post-EDGE

Kings, since they went to purple/black/silver (both silver/black and purple/gold were better)

Penguins, post-EDGE

Canucks, maroon/navy

Pyc5qRH.gifRDXvxFE.gif

usu-scarf_8549002219_o.png.b2c64cedbb44307eaace2cf7f96dd6b1.png

AKA @LanRovr0 on Twitter

LED Sig Credits to packerfan21396

longroad.jpg

Bad song, bad unis. Or quite possibly I dislike the entire pullover/elastic pants era.

RedSox2.pngCeltics.pngVikings.pngBruins.png

BOSTON.png

avatar by crkraider22, signature by crkraider22 and chestnutz

longroad.jpg

Bad song, bad unis. Or quite possibly I dislike the entire pullover/elastic pants era.

won't agree on the song. it was the song played when i proposed to my wife. so it holds a special place for me.

however will agree on the uniforms. Astros rainbow come to mind. of course my personal favorite the Tucson Toros. those things were down right nasty.

islandersscroll.gif

Spoilers!

however will agree on the uniforms. Astros rainbow come to mind. of course my personal favorite the Tucson Toros. those things were down right nasty.

:blink:

toros.jpg

NHL:

Best- Canadiens home, Worst- Thrashers third

NFL:

Best- Seahawks home, Worst- Vikings

MLB:

Best- Powder Blue Jays, Worst- Mets black

NBA:

Best- Lakers white:ducks: Worst- Wizards gold.

MLB:

Best - tie between late 1970's Pittsburgh Pirates and Houston Astros "rainbow" set (yeah, I know, I'm sick and in need of help)

Worst - Toronto Blue Jays current graphites

NFL:

Best - Oakland Raiders

Worst - three-way tie between Buffalo Bills, Cincinnati Bengals and Pittsburgh Steelers current sets

NBA:

Best - Boston Celtics

Worst - Denver Nuggets 1980's "cityscape" look

NHL:

Best - Montreal Canadiens (yeah, I'm a sucker for classic styles that endure)

Worst - Vancouver Canucks "rainbow V"

nav-logo.png

I will not split into groups, one best, one worst to cover all of the 4 major sports.

Best uniforms made to date- Current Boston Celtics.

Worst uniforms made to date- Tampa Bay Devil Rays first uniforms with the huge gradient rainbow "Devil Rays" or "Tampa Bay" across the front, cluttered even more by the Sting Ray beneath the words. Classic.

NFL:

Favorite - Kansas City Chiefs

Least - Atlanta Falcons

All-time favorite: Houston Oilers

MLB:

Favorite - Texas Rangers (yeah, call me a homer)

Least - Tampa Bay Rays

All-time favorite: Chicago White Sox 80's jersey

NBA:

Favorite - Milwaukee Bucks

Least - Denver Nuggets

All-time favorite: Dallas Mavericks pre 2001

NHL:

Favorite - Vancouver Canucks

Least - Carolina Hurricanes

All-time favorite: Canuck's current set

Out of all of them combined though, my favorite is the Chief's and least favorite is the Falcon's.

Stealing DallasSports' format...

NFL:

Favorite - Seattle

Least - Buffalo

All-time favorite: Bengals 1980s

MLB:

Favorite - Yankees

Least - Atlanta

All-time favorite: Still Yanks, but I miss the Brewers before the recent change.

NBA:

Favorite - San Antonio

Least - Dallas

All-time favorite: Original Miami road

NHL:

Favorite - Detroit

Least - Edmonton (top 5 prior to edge)

All-time favorite: Christmas Devils

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

NFL:

Favorite - Bears (except the all white combo)

Least - Jaguars

All-time favorite: original Jaguars

MLB:

Favorite - tie: Cubs home, White Sox, Mariners

Least - Cubs road

All-time favorite: Cubs "Cuba" road

NBA:

Favorite - Bucks

Least - Thunder

All-time favorite: Bulls

NHL:

Favorite - Blackhawks

Least - tie: Stars and Canucks, mainly because they have the two most pointless alternate jerseys in hockey history

All-time favorite: original Avs

AFL:

Favorite home-Adelaide

Favorite clash-Fremantle

Least favorite home-Brisbane

Least favorite clash-Richmond

All time favorite-Essendon

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

(these are all a matter of my own opinion)

MLB best: Tie between the Pittsburgh Pirates and the Tampa Bay Devils Rays' last set. Think it's safe to say that (or @ least is WAS safe to say) the Pirates OWNED the vested look. Hate that they went away from that. And the Devil Rays' most recent set won points for me in terms of originality in both color and font choice/overall team identity.

MLB worst: Heh...maybe this new Nationals road set. It's never warmed to me. If the Rockies are still doing the black vest/black sleeve thing, then that too.

NBA best: this one's hard, but I think Imma go with the Detroit Pistons here. Simple, but still fresh at the same time. (Something about the double racing stripes, I guess.) Close second: the Memphis Grizzlies before they changed to the official colors of the western conference (blue, blue, and yellow). Speaking of the black sets with the emerald and ruby(?) trim. Most unique scheme I can remember in quite some time.

NBA worst: Whew...I'd say OKC, but that'd be taking the easy way out. So Imma say current Sacramento Kings.

NFL best: Imma put my Buccaneer-ism aside here (Cuz the creamsicles will always be my true #1) and say Jacksonville Jaguars from 1997-2003 (prior to the oversaturation of the black). About as close to a contemporary classic as the NFL had seen. Close second: Kansas City Chiefs. Ain't changed since, well, ever, but still wears well.

NFL worst: Oh boy...Imma just narrow it down to two: the Buffalo Bills' current sets...and the current San Diego Chargers set (INCLUDING the powder blues). I've never warmed to the the Power Ranger look, for some reason.

NHL best: Absolutely, unequivocally, without a doubt in my mind...the Vanbiesrouck-era Florida Panthers. Absolutely, yes. Close second: the original Atlanta Thrashers road jerseys--and even the homes.

NHL worst: heh...hard one. Don't really have one, so if I had to pick, I'd probably say the mustard Predators.

NCAAF best: Seminole pride aside, and I have no idea why these uniforms have stuck to me the way they have, but I'm going with Missouri, followed by, oddly enough, the current Oregon State getup.

NCAAF worst: USC. Sorry...not buying the "classic" aura. Tapered sleeve stripes...regular traditional pants stripe, barely visible helmet logo...and I ain't even gon say nothing bout the facemask.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

:blink:

toros.jpg

You want fries with that? :wacko:

TATC? or TBTC? lol it almost looks like a TATC jersey even though I know it is retro.

6fQjS3M.png

To all you folks hating on the Astros rainbows... stop going along with what everyone tells you. If you grow an original opinion, you can't help but love what was, when 1st designed, the most original uniform ever.

And all the love for the Seahawks drab all blue stuff? I'll never get it. Maybe its being that close to Canada... makes you think you're a CFL team.

This set kills!

Jose Cruuuuuuuuuuuuuuuz

cruz_alltime.jpg

Joking aside, what this uniform really did for the Astros was give them color in a setting that was about as drab as you could imagine - the 1970's/80's era dome. It was dark, cavernous, and silent (unless you had 45K+ in attendance). Without the rainbows, I'm not sure this era of Astros baseball is discussed by anyone outside of Houston two decades later. What's probably not mentioned enough is how the Astros painted the upper deck seats in a similar rainbow pattern, as well. When I was a youngster, I remember going to games and sitting in the "rainbow" seats, because those were the cheapest.

astrodome.jpg

Archived