Dollar Rede$ign

Throwback

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That's actually a horrible design, because the amount isn't in the corners, so you'd have to take each bill out of your wallet to see what it is. You could make the yellow band different colors for each bill, but it's still not as convenient as just looking at the corners.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Wow, dude that looks awesome. Did you re-design that?

No

That's actually a horrible design, because the amount isn't in the corners, so you'd have to take each bill out of your wallet to see what it is. You could make the yellow band different colors for each bill, but it's still not as convenient as just looking at the corners.

All of the bills have a different colour/thickness strip, so its easier

What's with the $20 mark in the upper right corner; some type of security or artistic thing?

Edit: Nearly all of the designs look bland and uninspiring, however, I dig the Apollo set.

Its a security thing apparently if you link at it in the light it'll look like a 20

The reverse:

20_reverse_final.jpg

~?~

Very European looking. The reverse sides make these look like history trading cards instead of currency. I wouldn't be surprised if the US does make a shift to something between this look and the current designs in the near future, except the new bills won't all be the same size.

shysters_sm.jpg

"One of my concerns is shysters show up and take advantage of people's good will and generosity".

I don't really think there's anything wrong with the current set of bills, but maybe that's just me. These ones are definitely different, but that's about all they look like to me...change for the sake of change.

Where's the $1 note? And what's this...a $200 note??? So what...are they going to re-institure the $2 note too? ^_^

I actually rather like the design, but BBTV has a very good point in that without the amount being in the corners, you'd likely have to pull the whole bill out to see what it is--but, like most things, I'm sure we'd get used to it over time.

So how long would it take to counterfeit these??? (Last time a new note came out, I think it took all of, what, four days?)

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

I think it's time we stopped putting old white guys on our money, and just put awesome NFL players on it. Walter Payton, Lawrence Taylor, OJ Simpson, Franco Harris, etc. are probably more responsible for shaping American culture at this point than a bunch of gun-totin' slave owning hypocrites. They could even use different players depending on which mint the money comes from (it's still printed at different mints, right?) That way, you wouldn't need to look for the letter to know where your money came from, you could just tell by what team the player was from.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Where's the $1 note? And what's this...a $200 note??? So what...are they going to re-institure the $2 note too? ^_^

I actually rather like the design, but BBTV has a very good point in that without the amount being in the corners, you'd likely have to pull the whole bill out to see what it is--but, like most things, I'm sure we'd get used to it over time.

So how long would it take to counterfeit these??? (Last time a new note came out, I think it took all of, what, four days?)

The $1 note would be downgraded to a coin, and in this concept, there would also be a $2 coin.

I think it's time we stopped putting old white guys on our money, and just put awesome NFL players on it. Walter Payton, Lawrence Taylor, OJ Simpson, Franco Harris, etc. are probably more responsible for shaping American culture at this point than a bunch of gun-totin' slave owning hypocrites. They could even use different players depending on which mint the money comes from (it's still printed at different mints, right?) That way, you wouldn't need to look for the letter to know where your money came from, you could just tell by what team the player was from.

I thought the NFL players were already on more valuable pieces of paper: the trading card....

I saw, I came, I left.

Nice, but it kind of reminds me of Canadian money, like for example, the $20 bill. It has that stripe down the left side as well but its a hologram to fight counterfeit money. But the design does make the US money look less boring, which is great.

canadian_money.jpg

LETS GO PENGUINS!

5x Stanley Cup Champions

The $2 still exists and gets made, incidentally.

NCFA-FCS/CBB: Minnesota A&M | RANZBA (OOTP): Auckland Warriors | USA: Front Range United | IFA: Toverit Helsinki | FOBL: Kentucky Juggernaut

Minnesota A&M 2012 National Champions 2013 National Finalist, 2014 National Semi-finals 2012, 2013, 2014 Big 4 Conference Champions

My take on that has always been that it doesn't even matter how many new designs you crank out. As long as the old versions are still legal tender and aren't recalled by banks, you can just copy the old one!

I'd honestly like to see the other bills (100, 2, 1) given the "color of money" redesign. I hate how they're staggering the rollout to where we have 3 different formats being issued at the same time.

In terms of the ones posted on that blog, I'm leaning towards the ones in the May 28 post, but minus the Spanish number translation and with more legible fonts.

VmWIn6B.png

I don't think $34, $56, and $32 bills would be very practical.

Not being nit-picky, but "mints" only refer to coinage. There are U.S. Mints in operation today in Philadelphia, Denver, and San Francisco - although San Francisco only manufactures proof coins for collectors, and has done so since the 1980s.

There are 12 Federal Reserve Banks that currently print money for circulation, located in cities like Boston, New York, Philadelphia, Atlanta, Richmond, Dallas, Minneapolis, San Francisco, etc. They are identified by the letter inside the federal reserve seal on the front of the $1, and the first letter of the serial number on the rest of the bills.

BigStuffChamps3_zps00980734.png

Wrong-o - the Federal Reserve Banks don't print money. Only the Bureau of Engraving and Printing in Washington does.

Sodboy13 said:
As you watch more basketball, you will learn to appreciate the difference between "defense" and "couldn't find the rim with a pair of bloodhounds and a Garmin."

meet the new page, not the same as the old page.

Archived