Celebrities in NHL Apparel

thestockholmpig

Funny, SI.com just posted a whole gallery of celebrities at NHL playoff games.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/multimedia/photo_gallery/1204/nhl-playoffs-celebrities/content.1.html

I'm gonna have to admit though, I don't know who most of these "celebrities" are, but they are more famous than me I suppose :P

Ugh. So many retards bandwagoning the Kings. Gotta give props to Jon Hamm for being the only Blues fan in the slide show. Mad Man is a great show BTW

I figured as much. Seeing the famous people at the Kings games just makes me feel like they are there to be seen, it seems most real fans would have been there the whole season. I'm glad famous people are going to hockey games, but wish they were true hockey fans. That would bring more to the game.

That's what the Lakers games are for

• Replies 317
  • Created
  • Last Reply

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/multimedia/photo_gallery/1204/nhl-playoffs-celebrities/content.1.html

I'm gonna have to admit though, I don't know who most of these "celebrities" are, but they are more famous than me I suppose :P

Ugh. So many retards bandwagoning the Kings. Gotta give props to Jon Hamm for being the only Blues fan in the slide show. Mad Man is a great show BTW

I figured as much. Seeing the famous people at the Kings games just makes me feel like they are there to be seen, it seems most real fans would have been there the whole season. I'm glad famous people are going to hockey games, but wish they were true hockey fans. That would bring more to the game.

Well, if it helps, I know that Wil Wheaton is a season ticket holder from following him on twitter.

I believe Kurt Russell is too.

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

Because all of those "celebs" at the Rangers games aren't doing the same thing?

Some of those guys are actual hockey fans. Like I know Matthew Perry is. He's gone to Ducks games before too. Kurt Russell is a self-proclaimed hockey fan. David Beckham has actually been to several Kings games during the year, but he mostly credits his son for wanting to go.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

I know Kevin Connolly is a big Islanders fan. In Entourage his character E rocks an Islanders hat and shirt a few times and has the logo as his desktop background.

One of my favourites and local talents Will Arnett is a huge Leafs' fan, as per various articles I've read over the years and this screen cap from an episode of "Up All Night."

tumblr_lu2796ZtXu1qgf37uo1_500.jpg

I don't think I need to mention anything about Mike Myers being the biggest fan of them all...

image3513762.jpg

(side note... I happened to be at this game and they were thanking Myers' after a summer of shooting "The Love Guru." If only they knew how much it would suck...)

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

Michael Buble was signed to a one day contract by the Canucks, and even practiced with the team. The Leafs pretty much admitted they got Bieber to try and over shadow the Canucks/Buble thing. Yeah Bryan Burke is not bitter or anything...

b64d43c947c3b31ece5f2b68b458.jpg

Michael Buble was signed to a one day contract by the Canucks, and even practiced with the team. The Leafs pretty much admitted they got Bieber to try and over shadow the Canucks/Buble thing. Yeah Bryan Burke is not bitter or anything...

b64d43c947c3b31ece5f2b68b458.jpg

Yup, all to get back at the Canucks.

http://www.thestar.com/news/article/1106227--justin-bieber-maple-leafs-make-an-8-year-old-s-dream-come-true

Eight-year-old Jake Schafer’s day in Toronto began with a trip to SickKids for a round of chemotherapy, part of a routine to fight the cancer that is quickly spreading through his frail body.

Hours later, he was skating with Justin Bieber and half a dozen Maple Leafs at the Air Canada Centre, curly blonde locks poking out of his helmet as he took shots on Jonas Gustavasson.

“I was getting my equipment on and Justin Bieber came in when I was about to go out on the ice,” Jake said from a hospital bed on Thursday, where he was having another round of treatment.

“He just asked if he could come and skate and I said yes. He got his stick and went and taped it and then he put his skates.”

The outing was arranged by the Children’s Wish Foundation after Jake, who was diagnosed with stage 4 neuroblastoma last year, said his dream was to hang out with the Biebs.

Jake was too shy to say much to the pop star, but said he was pleased when Bieber handed him VIP tickets to his Wednesday night show at Massey Hall. Mistletoe is his favourite song.

After Jake appeared onstage at the show — as Bieber presented a giant cardboard check in the amount of $500,000 to the Children’s Wish Foundation, Sunnybrook Hospital and Project Medishare — he unwittingly became the centre of attention.

“All the teenage girls were asking me all these questions,” Jake said. “Is he nice and all that?”

Catherine Schafer, Jake’s mother, said her little boy was tired after the long day of fun, but in good spirits.

“He’s doing okay, but the cancer’s continuing to spread. So this was perfect timing,” said Schafer, who blogs about her son’s fight with cancer at jakesteam.ca.

According to The James Fund for Neuroblastoma Research, neuroblastoma is the fifth most common cancer in childhood, but it is responsible for a disproportionate number of cancer deaths in children.

Backstage before show, Bieber also surprised 10-year-old Jalissa MacLellan and 16-year-old Harvey Stephen — who are also fighting life-threatening illnesses — stopping in to say hello and give them each an autographed guitar.

“They were told that they were getting a Justin Bieber VIP experience, but we didn’t really let on that they’d be able to meet him,” said Paul St. Germain, spokesman for the Children’s Wish Foundation. “We wanted to make it a surprise for them when Justin walked in. And it was.”

The taped Christmas TV special Justin Bieber: Home for the Holidays premiered on MuchMusic and CTV on Thursday night.

And for further reading: http://www.theglobeandmail.com/sports/hockey/leafs-beat/leafs-defenceman-draws-inspiration-from-justin-bieber/article2280820/ - Jake Gardiner is a huge Biebs fan, too.

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

I don't know how a guy from New York can be as a big as a Montreal Canadiens fan as Viggio Mortensen is.

Viggio.jpg

Probably the same way about a billion people outside of New York are Yankees fans.

tumblr_lpm8998ZCu1r0toreo1_500.jpg

Letterman in a Leafs jersey

Not an NHL jersey, but uhhh.....

tumblr_lpgqiwaq9s1r0toreo1_500.jpg

Yeah.

Colin Hanks and Wil Wheaton are actual fans.

Because all of those "celebs" at the Rangers games aren't doing the same thing?

Some of those guys are actual hockey fans. Like I know Matthew Perry is. He's gone to Ducks games before too. Kurt Russell is a self-proclaimed hockey fan. David Beckham has actually been to several Kings games during the year, but he mostly credits his son for wanting to go.

I'm sure they are. I highly doubt Spike Lee or Liam Neeson gives 2 :censored:s about the NHL. But he had mentioned LA, thus my reaction.

I've been to Yankees games with plenty of celebs there, I'm sure they aren't Yankees fans. But famous people go to sports events for a variety of reasons I guess. Some do just want to be seen, but some guys really enjoy sports so just happen to go when they are in the area.

Hockey seems to be so different because it seems even less likely they are hockey fans. So sad the lack of popularity the NHL has today.

But I don't base that just on "celebs." Their politcal tastes and sports tastes are garbage for the most part. A shame so many people are influenced by some idiots who are famous. I don't get why these people are idolized, but :censored: happens.

Carry on.

2ly2w09.jpg

Don't forget that many of the celebrities spotted in the stands are paid to be there to promote their current products.

When Fox broadcasts a World Series game, it's no surprise that the cameras linger on (and the announcers talk about) the celebrities in attendance who just happen to have televison shows on Fox or are starring in the latest Fox blockbuster.

• 2 weeks later...

Not sure if posted yet, but Don King in an LA jersey courtest TSN.

148919_10150957816186055_178835736054_12306216_1280240420_n.jpg

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

I seem to recall in a old The Hockey News there was a pic of Alice Cooper in a Colorado Rockies jersey from the 1970s.. am gonna see if I can find that pic in Google (I know it a longshot but might be there somehow?)

Ice Hockey International Winnipeg Braves (Bobby Hull Division 18-3-0 1st place as of March 14, 2011)

2010-11 O'Brien Trophy for Bobby Hull Division championship & Jack Riley Cup for top team in league regular season

Alice Cooper was also at Game 2 of the LA/Phoenix series and they interviewed him on the jumbotron. He was wearing a white Yotes jersey. Didn't snag a pic, but he was there.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

Archived