NHL Winter Classic leak

Buffalo

Mel Bridgman 1979-80 wearing the orange "C". they only used this style for two seasons....78-79, and 79-80

53122103.jpg

He looks just like that one dude in Slap Shot. You know, "F'n Chrysler plant, here I come!"

For comparison, Johnny Upton (also the captain of the Chiefs)

12828-17554.gif

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply
What about a Philadelphia Quakers throwback? I really doubt this will happen,but I made a quick concept on what a white Quakers jersey might look like.

flyerswinterclassic.jpg

While I wouldn't want the Flyers to wear a Quakers jersey, especially a white one, that never existed, I am interested in seeing your concept.

17d39f21-957a-437b-8af3-d3e112b5259f.gif

Why does the NHL insist on having this on New years day? :cursing: Against the biggest day of college football? I think they would get a more people to tune in and catch this unique event. I guess that might make too much sense for gary bettman.

I am sore,wounded, but not slain

I will lay down and bleed a while

And then rise up to fight again

Why does the NHL insist on having this on New years day? :cursing: Against the biggest day of college football? I think they would get a more people to tune in and catch this unique event. I guess that might make too much sense for gary bettman.

New Year's Day hasn't been the biggest day for college football in years, thanks the BCS dragging everything out.

That said, I do agree that the game would be better if it were played on the weekend in between the conference games/Super Bowl.

1zgyd8w.jpg

Its going against the Outback, Capitol One and Gator Bowls, the only people who care about those games are the fans of the teams playing.

Big Day, Big Event, and it's before the Rose Bowl (the only game worth watching New Year's)

I hate Bettman, but this is one of his few successes...

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

The NHL has gotten two of its largest audiences ever out of the 2 New Year's Day Games. The day is working. New Year's day is something like the 2nd most watched day of television, moving the game to another date would probably result in a lower audience because people aren't at home in front of their tv's like on New Years Day.

The NHL has gotten two of its largest audiences ever out of the 2 New Year's Day Games. The day is working. New Year's day is something like the 2nd most watched day of television, moving the game to another date would probably result in a lower audience because people aren't at home in front of their tv's like on New Years Day.

frankly agree, the biggest day of college football occurs after the early day bowl games because the outback, gator, and citrus bowls are pretty much snoozers with the occasional great game every once in a blue moon

tigersallstars092.png

steelcurtain.png

No use for the Center & Right Field seats the view would be horrible

Fenway doesn't have any horrible views.

Those right field seats that are staring at center field are sure fantastic, eh?

what the hell is ccslc?

The Flyers are offering only full-season-ticket holders one entry in a lottery for tickets, implying that they aren't going to be allocated many tickets to distribute (which makes sense, since it's a BOS home game.)

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Those right field seats that are staring at center field are sure fantastic, eh?

No kidding, Brass. Those right field seats are made even worse during a 7:05 start between April and May. The only thing you can see is the sun burning your retinas... and the right fielder.

Fenway is filled with horrible views/obstructed views.

No kidding, Brass. Those right field seats are made even worse during a 7:05 start between April and May. The only thing you can see is the sun burning your retinas... and the right fielder.

Fenway is filled with horrible views/obstructed views.

Unless you're under the balconies, you basically have to battle the sun for the first few innings, especially around Section 9. One of those little things that just makes Fenway Park, Fenway Park. :P

what the hell is ccslc?

Yes, the TV numbers are great, but I think that that is hard core hockey fans. If the NHL wants to grab non traditional fans (i.e. warm weather ones) they would move it. Yes, the BCS does drag everything out, but I think football fans (including me) watch those bowl games.

Its going against the Outback, Capitol One and Gator Bowls, the only people who care about those games are the fans of the teams playing.

I am sore,wounded, but not slain

I will lay down and bleed a while

And then rise up to fight again

Penn State plays in the Outback or Cap One bowl four times in the past ten seasons, and there are obviously a lot of Penn State alumns who are also Flyers fans. Could be a little bit of a conflict.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I love Fenway as much as the next guy, but come on now.

1119017844_3356.jpgalcs07gm1.jpgfenwayparkpole.jpg

And for hockey? Egh... I don't know. If tickets are really going to run around $250 then I think I'm gonna have to skip this.

Archived