NHL Winter Classic leak

Buffalo

And for hockey? Egh... I don't know. If tickets are really going to run around $250 then I think I'm gonna have to skip this.

Just when the NHL has something good going for it they put tickets up that high so the average fan can't go.

Thanks Gary.

BannerSigDallas.png

sig-5.png

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply
And for hockey? Egh... I don't know. If tickets are really going to run around $250 then I think I'm gonna have to skip this.

Just when the NHL has something good going for it they put tickets up that high so the average fan can't go.

Thanks Gary.

A lot of NHL seats are >$85 US anyway. The average fan is already priced out in most big markets.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

The NHL's average fan makes more than 75,000 a year.

We aren't the average fan. People need to realize that when they see ticket prices.

Where did you get that stat?

Is that the average fan or average season ticket holder?

-Dan

Belts.jpg
PotD May 11th, 2011
looooooogodud: June 7th 2010 - July 5th 2012

The NHL's average fan makes more than 75,000 a year.

We aren't the average fan. People need to realize that when they see ticket prices.

Where did you get that stat?

Is that the average fan or average season ticket holder?

-Dan

It's an impossible to define stat, and even if it wasn't, it's a totally meaningless stat.

75k in New York, L.A., San Jose, Washington, Phila., Boston, etc. is not nearly the same as 75k in Pittsburgh, Buffalo, etc. Salaries and cost of living vary so much by local that a blanket stat like that means absolutely nothing.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

plus, dallas is a large market with a profitable franchise... and i make well under 40 a year, and go to several stars games every season.

then again, i don't sit on the glass or pay $250 a seat, either.

That's surprising - I would have thought that Dallas was in the category of the pricey hockey cities. It's been a while since I looked at cost of living converters, real estate factors, etc. for different locals, so it's hard to say if your account is a reflection of the market, or simply the franchise not gouging people.

That's surprising - I would have thought that Dallas was in the category of the pricey hockey cities. It's been a while since I looked at cost of living converters, real estate factors, etc. for different locals, so it's hard to say if your account is a reflection of the market, or simply the franchise not gouging people.

If he's going to make the Rangers into contenders, Hicks needs to start gouging people for both teams.

If he's going to make the Rangers into contenders, Hicks needs to start gouging people for both teams.

A completely awful idea.

BannerSigDallas.png

sig-5.png

Thanks Gary.

No matter the price, the average hockey nut will still go just for the novelty of it.

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

Thanks Gary.

No matter the price, the average hockey nut will still go just for the novelty of it.

Average hockey nut pertaining to those in Boston or Philly?

Thanks Gary.

Average hockey nut pertaining to those in Boston or Philly?

Most Flyers fans will have to rely on the secondary market for tickets. I have a feeling (just a feeling, not based on any kind of actual stats) that this is the kind of event that everyone says that they won't miss, and then once it gets closer to actually making the call to traveling there for New Years, people will be all "well, I wanted to go, but...", and the price of tickets on Stub Hub will start to fall, and most of the people who end up actually traveling there to go will be people who decided close to the last minute.

Most Flyers fans will have to rely on the secondary market for tickets. I have a feeling (just a feeling, not based on any kind of actual stats) that this is the kind of event that everyone says that they won't miss, and then once it gets closer to actually making the call to traveling there for New Years, people will be all "well, I wanted to go, but...", and the price of tickets on Stub Hub will start to fall, and most of the people who end up actually traveling there to go will be people who decided close to the last minute.

I hope that's the case. I had the hotel room booked two or three weeks before the announcement but am now waiting to see what the ticket market looks like. I'll likely head up to take it all in anyway, but it would be great if supply and demand drove prices down.

I hope that's the case. I had the hotel room booked two or three weeks before the announcement but am now waiting to see what the ticket market looks like. I'll likely head up to take it all in anyway, but it would be great if supply and demand drove prices down.

Just keep in mind that I could be totally wrong. That's just my prediction, based solely on my intuition and nothing else.

That was more or less the case for the Wrigley Classic, LPBBTV. I was gonna go, but

lol - like it.

Archived