2009 NCAA Football Thread

BJBerthiaume

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why couldn't he transfer again?

Of those Springdale players, I only know of WR Damien Williams (who transferred to USC before Mustain) getting any love as a pro prospect.

That whole story is just a damn shame.

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

Why couldn't he transfer again?

Of those Springdale players, I only know of WR Damien Williams (who transferred to USC before Mustain) getting any love as a pro prospect.

That whole story is just a damn shame.

I am not saying that he could not, however after starting as a Freshman, then sitting for this long, why even think about another year in college? Just get to the next level and then start over if you have the talent.

I'm not saying that Mustain should transfer, I just haven't seen anything to lead me to believe he couldn't.

I saw an article somewhere that said he wasn't considering transferring, even though he is the 3rd stringer.

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

Welcome to football under the guidance of Rich Rodriguez Michigan fans. And so it begins.

I think if you look back in last year's NCAA Football thread I said that Michigan would rue the day they hired this clown.

As a disinterested rebuttal, this is par for the course in Division I-A

I'd be willing to bet that every Big 10 team with the exception of possibly Indiana (since I think they think they are an intramural program at this point) does at least that much time a week. Rodriguez more than likely did this at West Virginia and the NCAA had no problem. I think that what is really happening is that we have a crap tabloid in a dying town desperately trying to sell papers at the expense of research, credibility, and reporting.

I also suspect that 1) During the last 5+ years of Lloyd Carr's tenure, the players were not worked that hard and had far fewer voluntary workouts. The failure of Michigan's supposed talent to win as often as they were supposed to against elite and very good opponents sort of bears this out. 2) The leftovers from the Carr era do not (understandably) like to work out as much now. That would leave your more inclined to go after the program if a paper in need of selling issues came calling.

As a side note, said players are welcome to transfer to Indiana. They will find that the local program is at their speed in terms of work demands and provides plenty of time to drink and have hot and cold running coeds "study".

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Welcome to football under the guidance of Rich Rodriguez Michigan fans. And so it begins.

I think if you look back in last year's NCAA Football thread I said that Michigan would rue the day they hired this clown.

As a disinterested rebuttal, this is par for the course in Division I-A

I'd be willing to bet that every Big 10 team with the exception of possibly Indiana (since I think they think they are an intramural program at this point) does at least that much time a week. Rodriguez more than likely did this at West Virginia and the NCAA had no problem. I think that what is really happening is that we have a crap tabloid in a dying town desperately trying to sell papers at the expense of research, credibility, and reporting.

I also suspect that 1) During the last 5+ years of Lloyd Carr's tenure, the players were not worked that hard and had far fewer voluntary workouts. The failure of Michigan's supposed talent to win as often as they were supposed to against elite and very good opponents sort of bears this out. 2) The leftovers from the Carr era do not (understandably) like to work out as much now. That would leave your more inclined to go after the program if a paper in need of selling issues came calling.

As a side note, said players are welcome to transfer to Indiana. They will find that the local program is at their speed in terms of work demands and provides plenty of time to drink and have hot and cold running coeds "study".

I have to admit that my first thought when I saw it was "I bet not one of these guys was recruited by Rodriguez." Still, as an Ohio State fan and alum I have a moral obligation to try to stir the fire on this one. :D

BB52Big.jpg

Anything to stir the pot that is Michigan football... I can't help but laugh here. How much you guys want to bet that this is going to undercut any momnetum the Wolverines might have for the season?

I think this is more bitching and complaining from players who couldn't make the cut. This is a different head coach that does his training his way. There are West Virginia players out there that love it. This will only make the team better and show who his men really are. As a Michigan fan I really have no problem with this.

Again, coaches are perfect. The players are all pussies. They obviously can't hang.

Go Blue!

This story, for the most part, is a joke. This guy has already made it known that he doesn't support Rich Rodriguez. He is just going after him. Two of his 'sources' were true freshman who were asked misleading questions. The guy makes no mention of whether any of the activities were voluntary, or are among the activities that are exempt from going toward the 4 hour limit, and that wasn't mentioned in the claims. Also, I don't see how this would hurt the players on the field, Seadragon, if anything, it is bulletin board material.

MegatronSig2.jpg

A little article for Infrared

Is any more proof needed? This is Ohio State coming to Michigan's defense. Basically saying they, along with any other successful program, do the same thing.

Can't blame a Buckeye Alum for trying right?

Not at all, especially with as big as the media is making this out to be. Also, aside from the Buckeyes in that article, Kirk Herbstreit was heavily defending Michigan.

MegatronSig2.jpg

Is any more proof needed? This is Ohio State coming to Michigan's defense. Basically saying they, along with any other successful program, do the same thing.

Not at all, especially with as big as the media is making this out to be. Also, aside from the Buckeyes in that article, Kirk Herbstreit was heavily defending Michigan.

Well...its the apocalypse everyone. Nice hanging here, and I will see you on the other side.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Personally, while I prefer the style of play which RichRod plays over Les Miles, I blame Kirk as the one who ruined his chance to be coach when the proclaimed that the deal was done the morning of the 2007 SEC Title game. The Big XII and SEC style of an off-season still would have had people questioning him if he was selected.

Those who will watch Oregon @ Boise St. tomorrow, get ready for this. (Credit: broncosports.com)

QSPYDLEIKRGJYBW20090803193904.jpg

2009 FOOTBALL FAN COLOR SCHEMES: Game day color schemes for the seven home football games will feature the use of blue, orange and white, including a twist with all three in the season opener. The following are the colors Bronco fans are encouraged to where at each game.

Oregon - As the feature game nationally for the Collegiate Licensing Company's (CLC) opening weekend of the College Colors Day Kick-off promotion, Boise State is asking for a Bronco Colors Kick-off. Alternating sections of Blue-White-Orange throughout the stadium, will highlight the Bronco colors to a nationally televised audience. Following is a list of color matches for each stadium section.

Miami (OH) - Just Wear White. Fans encouraged to wear white to this game.

UC Davis - Decade of Dominance. As part of Homecoming and the honoring of the 1999 Big West Conference and Humanitarian Bowl Championship team, which kicked off the Decade of Dominance from 1999-2008, Boise State is asking fans to wear their favorite championship t-shirt, hat or sweatshirt from the past 10 years. Decade of Dominance themed shirts will also be available for the game.

San Jose State - Halloween Orange Out. All fans asked to wear the color that links Halloween and the Broncos, orange.

Idaho - Bleed Blue Saturday. A Blue Out around "The Blue" for the in-state rivalry game. Specially created "Bleed Blue" football motto shirts and sweatshirts will be available for the Idaho game.

Nevada - ESPN Alternating Color Sections. The odd numbered sections of the stadium are asked to wear orange, even numbered sections blue. North end zone in blue, South end zone in orange and Student section in orange.

New Mexico State - Orange Pride Senior Day. Fans asked to wear orange for the regular season finale and honoring of the senior class of 2009.

Archived