2009 NFL Season Thread

BlueSky

Just turned on the Seahawks/Rams game. Wow -- the Seahawks are killing it this afternoon.

Nice run for Julius Jones, and nicer Fargo Strut. Woo!

Fargo Strut?

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's just one game....however, the Falcons hold the Dolphins passing attack and Wildcat schemes in check. Very stout performance today.

8 more wins to go!

That was the surprise of the game for me: The Falcons defense actually looked good (from what I read & listened to on the radio, I didn't get to watch the game today since I decided to take my sister and the folks out to brunch today for her birthday.). Hell, that's the best I've seen them look since they played the Raiders last year (Sure it was the Raiders, but I'll take a decent Falcons performance on defense any way that I can get em.). They completely locked that wildcat down, especially when Pat White was in there. I love the fact that the new acquisitions in Tony Gonzalez, Mike Peterson, & Brian Williams came in and made an impact. Especially Peterson, who laid on one hell of a hit to force a fumble while the Dolphins were in the red zone, and then that INT return that led to a TD. The best thing about this: Our D-Line actually got pressure on the QB coming from someone other than John Abraham, that's what I loved the most. I'm not too thrilled with the offense as a whole, but I can't complain about the end result at all. My worst fears about this year's incarnation of the Falcons were put to rest with that performance...for now.

That said, lmao @ that wacky ass ending to the Broncos-Bengals game. If I had seen it with Gus Johnson on the call, I would've been the happiest man alive. I can imagine that Gus is probably in the hospital recovering from that heart attack he had calling that play. :P

That said, lmao @ that wacky ass ending to the Broncos-Bengals game. If I had seen it with Gus Johnson on the call, I would've been the happiest man alive. I can imagine that Gus is probably in the hospital recovering from that heart attack he had calling that play. :P

I watched it live and I have to say that call was up there with his UCLA-Gonzaga one :lol:

ffMc5dZ.png

Twitter: @RyanMcD29

That said, lmao @ that wacky ass ending to the Broncos-Bengals game. If I had seen it with Gus Johnson on the call, I would've been the happiest man alive. I can imagine that Gus is probably in the hospital recovering from that heart attack he had calling that play.

I watched it live and I have to say that call was up there with his UCLA-Gonzaga one :lol:

We had the game here (in "Broncos Country") and I couldn't even hear Gus' call because everyone in the room was jumping around and screaming like a bunch of idiots. :P

6uXNWAo.png

It really was, if not better. His voice changed on a dime. As soon as Stokely caught the ball, he went completely ape :censored:. He paused for a moment of confusion as to what exactly Stokley was doing as he was waisting time, but still went crazy after that. Great play, even better call if you're a Gus Johnson fan. :P

Time for Aaron Rodgers to show his MVP capability and Dom Capers to show that the 3-4 will work.

And for Pisa Tinoisamoa to show just how injury prone he actually is.

I see Pace survived the first series, though.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Annnd a Green Bay defender finally catches one of Cutler's passes to them.

You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Just turned on the Seahawks/Rams game. Wow -- the Seahawks are killing it this afternoon.

Nice run for Julius Jones, and nicer Fargo Strut. Woo!

Fargo Strut?

To be the man... WOoooooooooooooooooo!!!... you've got to beat the man!

Note - this is NOT the best Jackie Fargo strut of all time, but I think it's pretty funny nonetheless:

Fun fact: BBTV was in attendance at the ECW arena for Mick Foley's last match as Cactus Jack before leaving to become Mankind in WWF (he had already been doing WWF promos, but was still in ECW.)

After he defeated Mickey Whipreck, he took the mic and proclaimed that he wanted to end his ECW career by doing the Jackie Fargo strut out of the arena with his two "best friends". Shortly thereafter, the Blue Meanie and Dancin' Stevie Richards came to the ring, and they did the strut right out into the parking lot, where (I believe) Foley just got in his car and drove away.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

OK...seriously. Did Cutler forget which team he was traded to or something?

Today, we are all otaku.

Is it too early for me to start fantasizing about how Colt McCoy or Tim Tebow would look in electric blue?

that, or "when's Tar Heel basketball start?"

ouch what an ugly game.

Carolina Dreamin'

ΓΔΒ ΓΔΒ ΓΔΒ

When a robotic Nixon is on the loose, we have a duty to take action.

As awful as Cutler is looking out there, Green Bay's new right tackle Allen Barbre is looking at least as bad. He's letting Adewale Ogunleye blow right by him every :censored: play. This game may end up being decided by which of those players steps up his game first.

CCSLC signature.png

While I like the Collinsworth addition to the SNF booth, I just can't take the man seriously. He used to do commercials for the place I work at and there's picture in our break room with him in a lawn chair with a guitar and sun glasses and dress socks. I have no idea why it's still there.

Cutler ends the game with his 4th pick.

Today, we are all otaku.

Archived