2009 NFL Season Thread

BlueSky

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

-phew- @ the end of that Falcons-Panthers game. That Hail Mary at the end damn near gave me a heart attack (and for good reason...I think the Falcons hold the record for "most times burnt on a hail mary pass in NFL history" :P 2-0, nice start. :)

• Jets talk MAD :censored:...and win! Wow. I'm impressed. Rex Ryan has got these guys playing some good football.
  • lol @ OchoCinco doing the Lambeau Leap, and Curt Menefee (sp?) saying that "due to FCC restrictions, we can't show you what happened during the celebration. Let's just say that the Packers fans think that OchoCinco is #1.
  • The Saints' offense is too good. If they did that to the Eagles D, then I am scared as hell of what they'll do to the Falcons' D, which was getting owned at times. Jeez.
  • Someone's gotta look up the last time in this decade that USC and the Pats lost in the same weekend. Gotta be a bit of a rarity.

-phew- @ the end of that Falcons-Panthers game. That Hail Mary at the end damn near gave me a heart attack (and for good reason...I think the Falcons hold the record for "most times burnt on a hail mary pass in NFL history" :P 2-0, nice start. :)

• Jets talk MAD :censored:...and win! Wow. I'm impressed. Rex Ryan has got these guys playing some good football.
  • lol @ OchoCinco doing the Lambeau Leap, and Curt Menefee (sp?) saying that "due to FCC restrictions, we can't show you what happened during the celebration. Let's just say that the Packers fans think that OchoCinco is #1.
  • The Saints' offense is too good. If they did that to the Eagles D, then I am scared as hell of what they'll do to the Falcons' D, which was getting owned at times. Jeez.
  • Someone's gotta look up the last time in this decade that USC and the Pats lost in the same weekend. Gotta be a bit of a rarity.

It was a while ago 2003 it also happened in 2002 and 2001.

September 27th California 34-31 #3 USC

September 28th Washington 20-17 New England

At the end of the season USC shared the National Title with LSU and the Pats won the Super Bowl beating Carolina so take that for what it's worth.

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

It's official, the Saints look like they are the 17th best team in the NFL as we speak.

Yes because the Chiefs and Raiders are for sure better. :rolleyes:
The Chiefs and Raiders only have bad records because they have to play an AFC schedule. If they were playing an NFC schedule, they'd be playoff teams, easy.

Exploding-head.gif

----------------------------

I hope Donnie Avery gets lost in Southeast tonight.

I'd be willing to bet that if the Saints and Raiders played this season, that the Raiders would win by 20.

Its a shame they aren't because otherwise I'd take that bet.

i would take that bet in a heartbeat as well . the afc is still better than the nfc , yes, but the nfc has closed the gap in recent years. that being said, the chiefs and raiders are jokes . there is no way either team would get to the playoffs if they were in the nfc .

glossysig5.png

I suggest that everybody change the channel (or click over) to the 49ers/Seahawks game. Frank Gore currently has 206 yards rushing...in the 3rd quarter.

Well that seems to pretty much confirm that the Rams' offensive woes are on the line.

/Starts drinking heavily.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Brady loses a regular season game for the first time since 2006....

Jets 16, Patriots 9....

OH HELL YES!!!....

J-E-T-S JETS! JETS! JETS!

I don't suppose you were at the Meadowlands for that game...but I think I heard the Jets crowd from down here in Maryland.

Seriously, that place was--and this is a gross understatement--LLLLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOUUUUUUUUUUUUDD. At one point I had to look out the window to make sure I wasn't IN East Rutherford. That was insane! BUT, awesome all at the same time.

And oh by the way...this has been a great football weekend for fans not in L.A. or in Massachusetts. Golden Boy Tommy Brady and his Patriots (oh...and "The Hoody", as well) AND the Golden Trojans in USC going down in the same weekend???!!! Pure 100% awesomeness.

I couldn't agree more! This has been a great weekend!

Mark Sanchez looks like he's got what it takes to play QB in NYC, top candidate rookie of the year, and on his way to becomming the next big thing. What poise! This kid is definitely gonna be something.

On the flip side, in his last four starts going back to Super Bowl 42, Tom Brady has looked more than human -- and I couldn't be happier!

6uXNWAo.png

It's refreshing to see the Broncos play some defense and special teams. Can't even remember the last time they did that under Shanahan.

Wow. 2-0 Denver Broncos. I know both wins are over those dreadful Ohio teams -- But really, who knew!?

6uXNWAo.png

It's refreshing to see the Broncos play some defense and special teams. Can't even remember the last time they did that under Shanahan.

Haha defense against the Browns isn't hard.

The Bears got it done against the defending champs a huge win!!

I can't believe I just rooted for the Bears for the second time in a row... I think I'm oddly enough turning into a Bears fan thanks to the girlfriend...

6fQjS3M.png

I can't believe I just rooted for the Bears for the second time in a row... I think I'm oddly enough turning into a Bears fan thanks to the girlfriend...

Holding any team to six points is somewhat impressive -- especially when three of those points came off of a FG setup by a fumble on the opening kickoff.

Also, I'd add that the Browns put up 30 on the Broncos last season. And the Bengals team they held scoreless for 59 minutes last week put up 31 against the Packers this week.

All I'm saying is that it's refreshing to see some semblance of a defense.

IUe6Hvh.png

Holding any team to six points is somewhat impressive -- especially when three of those points came off of a FG setup by a fumble on the opening kickoff.

Also, I'd add that the Browns put up 30 on the Broncos last season. And the Bengals team they held scoreless for 59 minutes last week put up 31 against the Packers this week.

All I'm saying is that it's refreshing to see some semblance of a defense.

Oh I know what you mean :P

Just sayin' we're the Browns... defenses should play this good against us :P

6fQjS3M.png

Wow. 2-0 Denver Broncos. I know both wins are over those dreadful Ohio teams -- But really, who knew!?

come on. Don't lump us in with the Browns. The Bengals beat the Packers today in Lambeau and are the "Queen City Miracle" away from 2-0. I think the Broncos got lucky in week 1 and lucky in week 2 that they were fortunate enough to play Cleveland.

PvO6ZWJ.png

Now, that is the Jay Cutler we've been waiting for!

Also, Johnny "Hard" Knox is a stud! ROY sleeper pick

sigpurp.png

---Owner of the NHA's Philadelphia Quakers, the UBA's Chicago Skyliners, and the CFA's Portland Beavers (2010 CFA2 Champions)---

Archived