New 76ers Uniform

Jumpman085

have to get this "should have" out of my system:

[previous pic]

...sometimes i just cant help it.

Red script would've looked better for the white homes.

like so?

76ersIdea2.png

*also edited the number font to match the wordmark.

for those who like the new "no stroke" wordmark:

76ersIdea3.png

...i'll admit, on paper these look a bit nicer, but I still think 1 color wordmarks should be left to the Celts and screenprinted uniforms.

Add stars to each side panel and these would be perfect.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I like it. It's nice and simple and classic looking. They got rid of the goofy stars from the old court, and refrained from doing one of those ugly ass two-tone stained no paint courts.

Proof that if two teams (Pistons & 76ers) can get back to basics and pull off two of the best looking packages in the league, anybody can do it!

Utah_Jazz_2010-11_Identity_Signa-2.jpg

I like it. It's nice and simple and classic looking. They got rid of the goofy stars from the old court, and refrained from doing one of those ugly ass two-tone stained no paint courts.

Proof that if two teams (Pistons & 76ers) can get back to basics and pull off two of the best looking packages in the league, anybody can do it!

I smell a blue PHILA in there sometime soon ...

• 1 month later...

Sixers to Unveil New Uniforms

Philadelphia, Pa. ? September 22, 2009

WHAT: MAJOR ANNOUNCEMENT REGARDING 76ERS UNIFORM

WHO: Comcast-Spectacor Chairman Ed Snider

Comcast-Spectacor COO Peter Luukko

76ers President and General Manager Ed Stefanski

76ers Forward Elton Brand

76ers Forward Thaddeus Young

WHERE: Wachovia Center (Broad Street Atrium)

3601 South Broad Street

Philadelphia, PA 19148

WHEN: Wednesday, September 23 at 2pm

DETAILS: The public is invited to attend the Philadelphia 76ers unveiling of their new uniform that has been re-designed to coincide with the team?s recent primary logo change. Elton Brand and Thaddeus Young will sign any Sixers product purchased in Fan Gear following the uniform unveiling.

*Parking will be available in ?C? lot.

Fan Gear is open Monday through Friday, 11:00am-6:00pm.

2009-10 individual game tickets will go on sale on Saturday, October 10 at 10am exclusively through ComcastTIX at SIXERS.COM, by calling 1-800-298-4200 or in person at the Wachovia Complex box office.

The Sixers will play two preseason games at the Wachovia Center, including Friday, October 9, vs. New Jersey Nets, and Tuesday, October 20, vs. Washington Wizards. The Sixers will open the 2009-10 regular season home schedule on Friday, October 30 when they host the Milwaukee Bucks at 7:00 p.m. at the Wachovia Center.

tigersallstars092.png

steelcurtain.png

The red number sucks IMO. If the home has blue letters with red numbers on a white base, then the road should have white letters with a blue number on a red base. Since the road just has white letters and numbers, the home should just have blue letters and numbers.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I like them, especially the blue Sixers text on the homes, but do wish for a thin blue outline on the numbers. But overall not bad.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Dr. Kelso: My son is a big baseball fan. Not so much playing it, but more the designing and sewing of uniforms.

Tyler: That's neat.

Dr. Kelso: No, it's not.

It'd be funny if they only made the 7s red, and all the other numbers were in blue, like their logo.

Archived