2010 MLB New Logos, Uniforms, Patches

Brian E

What you might be surprised to hear (or not) is that the hat template I'm using now originated from the 5950 template that New Era distributed some time this year. Would any of these appease anyone's tastes? Or should I just try something new?

Exhibit A:

5950temp.gif

I rather like the 3/4 rendering, although it's easier to stick logos on a straight-on view.

Not surprised at all that New Era, a company hardly known for its quality control, would create a template with a skewed and near-impossible perspective. :D

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i did speak with someone very high up in the mets marketing department today and, though i don't want to say what exactly was discussed, i do want to pose this question:

assuming the mets don't want to get rid of the alternate black jersey because of its selling success, would everyone be appeased if they just got rid of the black/blue hat and the dropshadows on the pinstripe and road grey? could black coexist in a world where traditional still exists? basically, would we all consider it a win if the dropshadows disappeared but the black jersey and all black hat remained?

I am a huge Mets fan and have been since I was a kid. Unfortunately, the people in the "marketing" department should have spoken to their customers in more detail before making a change. I don't think they can do anything this season now that they've already implemented the change.

I would suggest . . .

1. A true throwback (pins w/o dropshadow, cream with original shade of blue) as a home weekend uniform.

2. Black tops/hats for Friday nights (a crisp, yet trendy look that kids love)

3. A new blue/orange look for other home games (perhaps a vest . . . but not the design shared in their survey regarding uniforms . . . looked like a softball uniform or minor league uniform)

4. Away - perhaps the interlocking NY

Sales have probably been next to zero because most fans probably don't know about the change. They made no formal unveiling as most teams do when a change is made.

I am an optimist and usually go into the offseason with high expectations. Unfortunately, I'm losing what little faith I had in this organization to do things in an acceptable fashion (uniforms, ballpark with a "Mets" look or players on the field). They are seriously damanging their fan base who aren't given credit for their knowledge of the game and aren't fooled by what they put out.

This is what I would propose the Mets wear (or something very similar). Yes, there is a black drop shadow on the blue alt, but I really think it helps the orange and white stand out more against the blue.

metshra.gif

ScreenShot2011-12-09at052105PM.png

Tomorrow's just your future yesterday.

This is what I would propose the Mets wear (or something very similar). Yes, there is a black drop shadow on the blue alt, but I really think it helps the orange and white stand out more against the blue.

metshra.gif

This is exactly what I'd like to see. This is too much common sense for the Mets though.

I don't like blue thirds for the Mets. Not sure why.

They look like BP jerseys to me. I know other teams have royal alts, but for some reason, every single royal Mets concept just looks like a practice jersey to me.

I don't mind black in the Mutts set. Their new rotation would be fine if their retro was actually retro and didn't have the black. The black on the white home and gray road is fine, as is the black alt (as long as it really is just an alt.)

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I don't like blue thirds for the Mets. Not sure why.

They look like BP jerseys to me. I know other teams have royal alts, but for some reason, every single royal Mets concept just looks like a practice jersey to me.

Is it because it use to be their BP Jersey prior to the introduction of black, as well as their mid-80s alternate?

I personally am not sure if I like Royal with White lettering or Orange Lettering.

I remember on Metsblog, seeing a fan-made concept of Racing Stripes, No Pinstripes, Cream Colored, No NOB, No Black, and it looked pretty cool. It blended everything. I'm just curious why people that creative can't be hired for the Mets to work on branding.

I'm hoping someone here can help me out with something...

I was watching the press conference for Dick Enberg joining the Padres broadcast team and something looked different. The jersey they had Enberg hold up(which if found odd but that's besides the point) didn't look like the normal Padres home uniform. I have never noticed the outline around the numbers and the name font looks different to me...

I've tried to post an image but I'm not smart enough lol.

Just a heads up...

I think I just saw the new batting practice jerseys for 2010 in a Sears store in Chicago. I saw both the Cubs and Sox designs. Quickly, here's what I remember: The jerseys resemble a bit what the teams wore in 2004 and 2005. They are button down all the way (not the half button). Still Majestic. A new feature is a patch on the right sleeve (the Sox had the diamond Sox logo, and the Cubs had the "C" with the cub in it). Underneath the sleeves and around the sleeves, there was an offsetting color similar to what they've done with last year's BP jerseys or the latest Premier jackets. So, it's sort of a combination of the last two sets of batting practice jerseys. Also, the front emblems on the jerseys were slightly smaller than the previous version (ie the old english SOX was slightly smaller than the 2005 version).

I was watching the press conference for Dick Enberg joining the Padres broadcast team and something looked different. The jersey they had Enberg hold up(which if found odd but that's besides the point) didn't look like the normal Padres home uniform. I have never noticed the outline around the numbers and the name font looks different to me...

The gold outline on the numbers is normal though a bit more pronounced on that jersey. As for the NOB, it looks like they made it more bold than the standard font used. Whether these are actual changes to the team's uniforms or they just wanted Dick's name to stand out more or the manufacturer just screwed up, is anybody's guess.

enberg_gonzalez.jpg

2011 Colorado Rockies | Season from Hell

sig_11.png

The gold outline on the numbers is normal though a bit more pronounced on that jersey. As for the NOB, it looks like they made it more bold than the standard font used. Whether these are actual changes to the team's uniforms or they just wanted Dick's name to stand out more or the manufacturer just screwed up, is anybody's guess.

enberg_gonzalez.jpg

Doesn't even look like there's any trim on the edge of the sleeves. Sure this isn't just just some plain white "replica" they used for the event, since he's not gonna be wearing an actual jersey anyway?

enberg_gonzalez.jpg

Doesn't even look like there's any trim on the edge of the sleeves. Sure this isn't just just some plain white "replica" they used for the event, since he's not gonna be wearing an actual jersey anyway?

That's a possibility, I didn't think about that.

2011 Colorado Rockies | Season from Hell

sig_11.png

Archived