NY Jets Concept

LogoFan

Here's an updated concept for the Jets that I've been working on for a while. It combines some elements of a previous concept of mine with the current logo. My goals were: update without being extreme, lighten the green without going "kelly", stay within the confines of the current palette (green & white) and replace the "Jets" script with a drawing in the actual logo. Didn't have time for unis.

Please pass along the C&C...

JetsFinal.gif

Aren't the Jets named more for passenger jets, as opposed to fighter jets?

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

That is correct. However, after 9-11, I just think a commercial jet image coupled with "NY" is just imagery I didn't feel comfortable going near. On the other hand, a fighter jet is not only meaner and sleeker, but (I feel) represents might and as well as protection.

Also, thank you for creating a Crosby Designs logo for me. :P

Uhhhh....NO. :P Cool last name, though. B)

Thanks for the kind words, though...I appreciate it!

This is actually really nice.

Did you consider using the jet as a stand-alone logo?

I used a much earlier version of the jet logo on a concept several years ago (2003 to be exact) as the stand-alone, but after looking at it now, I didn't feel that one worked well.

Originally the new alt as the helmet logo on a green helmet, but then decided to keep it white with more of just an "updated" feel vs something brand new. I'll post both versions shortly.

That is correct. However, after 9-11, I just think a commercial jet image coupled with "NY" is just imagery I didn't feel comfortable going near. On the other hand, a fighter jet is not only meaner and sleeker, but (I feel) represents might and as well as protection.

It's been eight years. And the overwhelming sentiment I got from people in, around, and from the NYC area is that they've pretty much all moved on past that. And considering the ridiculous amount of air traffic that goes in and out of JFK airport in Jamaica, Queens, I wouldn't think very many NY'ers would quiver at the sight of seeing passenger jets flying overhead in somewhat close proximity to buildings and whatnot. (I say that even though the Jets, as the story goes, took their name due to their then-home being so close to the other major NYC airport...LaGuardia.)

So no...I wouldn't really think it'd rub very many people the wrong way if you chose to pursue the avenue of some type of stylized passenger jet and incorporating that into a new logo.

As it stands now, though, that's not a bad-looking start at all. I will say this, though: I get more of a rocket-ship-type vibe from that than that of a fighter jet. When can we look forward to some uniforms there, slick?

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

I like the marks both the primary and secondary, but there is something about the logotype that's throwing my eye off. Did you italicise the type yourself? Something just feels off about it. I think it's that the J thins down really quickly for the turn at the bowl and jars up against the sharp corner of the E, like I said I cant quite put my finger on what it is but something about it makes me feel uneasy.

The Jet though looks great, might wanna thicken the outline a touch as I'm not sure how well it would hold up reduced down much further (and on say sports cards or the net it would be much smaller than shown here) but the shape and level of simplification are great.

9erssteve

9ersstevesig.png

When can we look forward to some uniforms there, slick?

Who you callin' "slick", Bucco? :P

May take a while on the unis...hadn't gotten that far, but it won't be anything radically different. My whole approach was a laid-back update. Here are the 2 helmet designs I was working on: thegreen was first, then the white for greater continuity...

JetsHelmets.gif

I love the idea! I think you should do an alteration however to something more along the lines of the original NYJ logo that had part of the wings flying horizontally across the top of the NY to give it a bit more of a smoother look on helmets.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

When can we look forward to some uniforms there, slick?

Who you callin' "slick", Bucco? :P

May take a while on the unis...hadn't gotten that far, but it won't be anything radically different. My whole approach was a laid-back update. Here are the 2 helmet designs I was working on: thegreen was first, then the white for greater continuity...

JetsHelmets.gif

Have you tried putting the jet (without the NY) on the helmet yet?

Utah_Jazz_2010-11_Identity_Signa-2.jpg

Archived