Avalanche Concept

See Red

I remember back to a thread about teams using colors that don't match their identities or whatever and the Avalanche were brought up as maroon not really fitting their name. So I decided to replace the maroon with a really dark purple and add a light blue so the darkness of the colors kinda evens up. Purple fits the name because the Rocky Mountains sometimes have a purple hue from them (the verse "For purple mountains majesty" was referring to the Rocky Mountains, I believe) and purple, light blue, and their current blue are all cool colors. Snow is cold... you get the idea. I used their 3rd jersey template for this one... Personally, I think their alternate and regulars look better in the current scheme than this one.

avalanche.gif

Feedback is very welcome.

IUe6Hvh.png

its okay, looks really bare, and that logo does not fit on that jersey at all

Proud owner of the Utah Pioneers of the Continnental Baseball League.

GBCanada.png

PACKER BACKER FOREVER!

NOT A BAD CONCEPT. I LIKE THE IDEA OF SEVERAL DIFFERENT COLOR BLUES MESHING TOGETHER. A LIGHTER COLOR MIGHT BRIGHTEN IT UP A LITTLE BIT, BECAUSE THERE IS TO MUCH DARK INVOLVED. MAYBE AD A LITTLE SILVER TO IT, OR A LIGHT GRAY. REPLACE THE BLACK WITH A LIGHTER COLOR KEEP THEM COMING.

Dunno... I just used a purple. I agree that the maroon is an important part of the Avs color scheme. I was just trying something. I don't think it came out too terribly bad... but even then, i still doesn't look as good as I had invisioned it to

IUe6Hvh.png

The foot logo would be on the sleeves. I just didn't think to put em' on at this point.

*Edit- I added numbers and the sleeve logo...

avalanche3.gif

I have made a new version with a silver A instead of dark purple so it doesn't lack the balance as much.

avalanche2.gif

IUe6Hvh.png

although, i'm not reall clear why snow would be more realistic purple than maroon.

I really love the avs jerseys and colors. But I appreciate the attempt. I just don't think this color palate works.

NCFA Sunset Beach Tech - Octopi

ΓΔΒ!

Going to college gets you closer to the real world, kind of like climbing a tree gets you closer to the moon.

"...a nice illustration of what you get when skill, talent, and precedent are deducted from 'creativity.' " - James Howard Kunstler

to people saying that an avalanche doesn't match marroon, I say this, are eagles green, is a colt blue, do jaguars really wear teal. I don't think it is such a big deal that maroon doesn't represent an avalanche, and although I think that they have some of the ugliest colors in sports, I think they work.

iceohio.jpgvultshelmet.png

crossout3.png

to people saying that an avalanche doesn't match marroon, I say this, are eagles green, is a colt blue, do jaguars really wear teal. I don't think it is such a big deal that maroon doesn't represent an avalanche, and although I think that they have some of the ugliest colors in sports, I think they work.

exactly. my god are maple leafs even blue?no

i think the avs arwe fine, and i may be in the minority but i even like their 3rd

Proud owner of the Utah Pioneers of the Continnental Baseball League.

GBCanada.png

PACKER BACKER FOREVER!

although, i'm not reall clear why snow would be more realistic purple than maroon.

It doesn't, technically. It could in the fact that snow is cold... and purple is a cool color.

My replacing the maroon with purple had to do with purples relations to mountains.

For Purple Mountains majesty

That quote was about the Rocky Mountains to begin with. What mountains go through colorado? The Rocky mountains.

I agree, the maroon, dark blue work well for them. I'm not suggesting they change it and I have in the past defended them using maroon. However... i was just wondering what it would look like if purple was thrown into the scheme and honestly... i like it with the purple and the third style jersey far more than their home and away red and blues. Although there alternate really is a thing of beauty.

And I believe there's a difference. If the Eagles were to use the colors of an actual eagle... they're be brown, white and yellow. Not much for a color scheme so naturally... they sub in a color that works. The Eagles don't use a green eagle... they use a white eagle head. The green is simply complimenting the white, basically. Their logo, in no way, suggests that an eagle is teal.

All the Jaguars do is use the teal as a compliment to the gold, and for the tongue. Once again, their logo doesn't suggest a jaguar is teal and not gold.

If there was another color they could use that are actually seen on a jaguars fur... then they would probably use it.

All I'm saying is there's a difference between adding a color that doesn't fit into the scheme when there's really no choice but to... and adding a color into a scheme when there's a logical explanation for adding a different color.

IUe6Hvh.png

I can't say I like it. Sorry.

I just hate the uniform striping you got from their current 3rds. I cringe every time I see it because it is so awful. I love the colours though. It matches the colours of what the Nordiques would have looked like.

Try changing the stripes around a bit. Experiment.

Peace out.

ccslcbanner_zps5eda8538.jpg

Archived