2009-2010 NHL Season

njmeadowlanders

Thanks Atlanta for the 2 points.

That can of whoop ass they're tasting, we opened it for 'em.

duscarf2013.pngg6uheq4mgvrndguzuzak1pcte.gif
"I don't understand where you got this idea so deeply ingrained in your head (that this world) is something that you must impress, cause I couldn't care less"

http://keepdcunited.org

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

At one point the Wings were missing enough quality players to make up 2 quality lines, plus a few d-men. Getting players back from injury that missed a lot a time is not nearly the same as bringing in a quality player via trade. There is going to be a period of adjustment when these players come back. That adjustment may be enough to keep them out of the playoffs.

They are getting players that are coming off of injuries that missed a boatload of time. That is not the same as getting a fresh/healthy player in midseason form.

I would be saying this regardless if it was the Wings or any team, not sure why its so hard to understand that. Then again I am trying to justify my opinions to a kid so what do I know?

-Dan

The period of adjustment will be maybe a couple of games, if there is one at all. That will not be enough to keep them out of the playoffs. Hope that made sense old man.

Well lad, please show me where I said they would miss the playoffs.

Secondly, In 2009, 4 points seperated 6-10th place in the West. 4 points seperated 7-10th in the East.

A bad short stretch can keep a team out

-Dan

Belts.jpg
PotD May 11th, 2011
looooooogodud: June 7th 2010 - July 5th 2012

At one point the Wings were missing enough quality players to make up 2 quality lines, plus a few d-men. Getting players back from injury that missed a lot a time is not nearly the same as bringing in a quality player via trade. There is going to be a period of adjustment when these players come back. That adjustment may be enough to keep them out of the playoffs.

They are getting players that are coming off of injuries that missed a boatload of time. That is not the same as getting a fresh/healthy player in midseason form.

I would be saying this regardless if it was the Wings or any team, not sure why its so hard to understand that. Then again I am trying to justify my opinions to a kid so what do I know?

-Dan

The period of adjustment will be maybe a couple of games, if there is one at all. That will not be enough to keep them out of the playoffs. Hope that made sense old man.

Well lad, please show me where I said they would miss the playoffs.

Secondly, In 2009, 4 points seperated 6-10th place in the West. 4 points seperated 7-10th in the East.

A bad short stretch can keep a team out

-Dan

You said they may miss the playoffs all I said was that they wouldn't.

Good to see both tenants of Philips Arena followed up big wins with their worst losses of the seasons. <_< Wale Ovechkin & his band of merry men absolutely crushed Blueland tonight.

Hopefully they bounce back against Ottawa on Tuesday. The Thrashers really need to find their way out of this funk that they've started 2010 in.

Probably the most spirited game all year between the Flames and Canucks both teams fought tooth and nail and it ended up in the shootout where the Flames regained top spot in the Northwest for the time being.

I can't wait till March 14th.

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

Anyone else see the green laser being pointed at Kiprusoff last night, Brent Sutter apparently said that it was going on all night and that it took security almost 60 minutes to find the guy. Kipper was unable to talk about as he was getting medical attention.

As well a Green Laser is 60x more powerful then a normal laser pointer.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=305553

Somewhat off topic:

I noticed Columbus wore their whites at home again. They would look a lot better if they had blue pants. So would their jerseys (which are the better ones, imo).

sounds like a photoshop challenge

rick-nash2.jpgbluepants.png

I think you're right, but I don't think blue pants would look better with the blue jersey than red pants would. Perhaps they could go the Colorado Rockies route and use home and road pants.

After doing some photoshoppery of my own, I must disagree with you, sir:

Rickynashhh.png

If I had my way they wouldn't be named the Blue Jackets at all. I think it's sort of a silly to name your team after american soldiers when that team is comprised mostly of canadians and scattered europeans. I believe that a good nickname shouldn't have to be explained to be understood. I've always thought that the old minor league team, the Columbus Chill, would've made for a decent NHL identity. That or they should've gone with something police related. The arena sits where the old Ohio Penitentiary used to be. Something like the "Ohio Force" would've been perfect. A navy blue and gray color scheme with a big badge logo would've been cool and we could call the arena the "jailhouse". Agh, missed opportunities abound.

PvO6ZWJ.png

Anyone else see the green laser being pointed at Kiprusoff last night, Brent Sutter apparently said that it was going on all night and that it took security almost 60 minutes to find the guy. Kipper was unable to talk about as he was getting medical attention.

Yeah, that was brought up on HNIC during the game. That's lame that someone did that. I guess I can see how it might be hard to find the specific person with it, a laser pointer is a really tiny thing and it would be easy to drop it in a pocket when security game around.

Somewhat off topic:

I noticed Columbus wore their whites at home again. They would look a lot better if they had blue pants. So would their jerseys (which are the better ones, imo).

sounds like a photoshop challenge

rick-nash2.jpgbluepants.png

I think you're right, but I don't think blue pants would look better with the blue jersey than red pants would. Perhaps they could go the Colorado Rockies route and use home and road pants.

After doing some photoshoppery of my own, I must disagree with you, sir:

Rickynashhh.png

If I had my way they wouldn't be named the Blue Jackets at all. I think it's sort of a silly to name your team after american soldiers when that team is comprised mostly of canadians and scattered europeans. I believe that a good nickname shouldn't have to be explained to be understood. I've always thought that the old minor league team, the Columbus Chill, would've made for a decent NHL identity. That or they should've gone with something police related. The arena sits where the old Ohio Penitentiary used to be. Something like the "Ohio Force" would've been perfect. A navy blue and gray color scheme with a big badge logo would've been cool and we could call the arena the "jailhouse". Agh, missed opportunities abound.

Columbus Chill? Ohio Force? Better than Columbus Blue Jackets? False.

Jimmy Howard looked good once again last night, as the Wings beat the Sharks 4-1 at the Tank.

By your logic, you'd expect the Bruins to be made up of hockey playing bears or the Blackhawks to all be native americans.

Yeah, that was brought up on HNIC during the game. That's lame that someone did that. I guess I can see how it might be hard to find the specific person with it, a laser pointer is a really tiny thing and it would be easy to drop it in a pocket when security game around.

Found a shot of the laser from TSN.

laser.jpg

And I don't know if this real (Doubt it) The Laser Guy has a twitter I guess.

http://twitter.com/LaserDouche

By your logic, you'd expect the Bruins to be made up of hockey playing bears or the Blackhawks to all be native americans.

Minor correction. The Blackhawks should be made up of Great War infantrymen.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

The Blackhawks just lost to the Ducks while outshooting them 43-12. damn. nice work, Jonas Hiller

sigpurp.png

---Owner of the NHA's Philadelphia Quakers, the UBA's Chicago Skyliners, and the CFA's Portland Beavers (2010 CFA2 Champions)---

Given the options you've presented, I'll take Blue Jackets.

Not giving a team a local reference when the players don't come from that area? Seriously? Well hell, it's too bad the names "Maple Leafs," "Canucks," "Canadiens" and "Reds" were taken.

Minor correction. The Blackhawks should be made up of Great War infantrymen.

Blackhawkcvr_066.jpg

Welcome to DrunjFlix

The Bruins would lead the NHL in attendance though :D

Found a shot of the laser from TSN.

laser.jpg

And I don't know if this real (Doubt it) The Laser Guy has a twitter I guess.

http://twitter.com/LaserDouche

It took them 60 minutes to figure out where that was coming from? I'm guess Canucks management told security to take their time!

Archived