2009-2010 NHL Season

njmeadowlanders

Anyone else see the green laser being pointed at Kiprusoff last night, Brent Sutter apparently said that it was going on all night and that it took security almost 60 minutes to find the guy. Kipper was unable to talk about as he was getting medical attention.

As well a Green Laser is 60x more powerful then a normal laser pointer.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=305553

Yeah, that was brought up on HNIC during the game. That's lame that someone did that. I guess I can see how it might be hard to find the specific person with it, a laser pointer is a really tiny thing and it would be easy to drop it in a pocket when security game around.

Found a shot of the laser from TSN.

laser.jpg

And I don't know if this real (Doubt it) The Laser Guy has a twitter I guess.

http://twitter.com/LaserDouche

It took them 60 minutes to figure out where that was coming from? I'm guess Canucks management told security to take their time!

Here's a good write up about the event at Canucks Hockey Blog and supposedly the guy was never caught.

http://canuckshockeyblog.com/?p=2580

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Blackhawks just lost to the Ducks while outshooting them 43-12. damn. nice work, Jonas Hiller

And Jonas was in goal for the night before in a win against the Predators.

Ducks have a nice little 4-game winning streak going. And after dropping a Saturday-Nashville/Sunday-Chicago back-to-back last weekend, the Ducks took them both this weekend. Which is nice.

8 points out of a playoff spot with 5 teams to jump.

Not impossible, but definitely a tough climb. Same thing they did last year.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

The Canuck's Alex Burrows is claiming one of the referees of last night's Predators-Canucks game approached him before the game and told him he was out to get him. Reportedly some terrible calls were made in the eventual Vancouver loss.

http://communities.canada.com/theprovince/blogs/whitetowel/archive/2010/01/12/alex-burrows-accuses-nhl-ref-of-having-a-personal-vendetta.aspx

Sounds like some serious s***, and I don't doubt it for a second.

The Canuck's Alex Burrows is claiming one of the referees of last night's Predators-Canucks game approached him before the game and told him he was out to get him. Reportedly some terrible calls were made in the eventual Vancouver loss.

http://communities.canada.com/theprovince/blogs/whitetowel/archive/2010/01/12/alex-burrows-accuses-nhl-ref-of-having-a-personal-vendetta.aspx

It was a terrible officiated game for both teams, even the commentators said at one point during the game that there were many "chincy" calls made, and there really was. Burrows' interference call in the third when Canucks just started a powerplay was ridiculous, IIRC he was just going to the front of the net and he bumped a guy on his way there, something that happens every time a team is on a powerplay.

I'm sure player-referee grudges have been going on forever, but it is just now that it's coming in the limelight.

8prlQWA.png

Fleury's been looking... odd lately.

Like last night. One minute he looks so shaky and the next he makes a great save. Lets in a real softy, then makes a game-preserving save. This has gone on for a bit now. He just seems off. Its as if he's playing injured, and I believe he is. I'd say take him out and let Johnson play a few, but he's hurt to. I have faith in John Curry, though. I saw good things in him when he played a few last year. Let him get a few before the olympic break.

Also, if you have Malkin, Crosby, Gonchar, etc. on your powerplay, there is no excuse at all for it to be as ineffective as it has been.

This here has been the low point of the pens season ever since the lockout. If hovering at 4th in the conference (not 10th and falling) is the low point, then I'm still rather excited at how things could unfold in the coming months despite all this.

Pittsburgh Arsenal - Elite Football League (NFL) - 2006  |  New Orleans JazzCats - Major League Hockey (AHL) - 2023

Lightning are up 4-1 over the Capitals... in the 1st.

It's looking bad for the Caps right now as they look flat out on the ice. The twelve game win streak against the Bolts is definitely in jeopardy.

Edit: Caps woke up, it's now 4-3 Bolts.

2nd Edit: It's tied. With 7:52 left in the 2nd.

It's looking bad for the Caps right now as they look flat out on the ice. The twelve game win streak against the Bolts is definitely in jeopardy.

Now it's 6-4 Tampa.

What?

EDIT: 7-4, and the Lighting have 4 powerplay goals.

Now they're just fighting, hahah.

Now it's 6-4 Tampa.

What?

EDIT: 7-4, and the Lighting have 4 powerplay goals.

Now they're just fighting, hahah.

Konopka's a beast.

What an amazing game the Rangers and Devils played tonight, proof 0-0 games can be the most exciting games played.

What's more impressive is the 96 saves in regulation by Brodeur (51) and Lundqvist (45).

I was there.

Jesus Christ was that game incredible. I'm a Ranger fan and even I was smiling all the way home tonight.

So exciting. What a game. Both goalies were absolutely fantastic. There's no words to describe it.

Most saves Brodeur ever made in a regular season game too. I'd assume the same for Lundqvist.

And the crowd was wild too. Awesome night.

65caba33-7cfc-417f-ac8e-5eb8cdd12dc9_zps

It looks like the Habs will be fighting to remain in the 8th place slot from now until the end of the regular season. And it looks like Halak will be thee guy who saves the team's butts from elimination, just like he did last year.

It was a terrible officiated game for both teams, even the commentators said at one point during the game that there were many "chincy" calls made, and there really was. Burrows' interference call in the third when Canucks just started a powerplay was ridiculous, IIRC he was just going to the front of the net and he bumped a guy on his way there, something that happens every time a team is on a powerplay.

I'm sure player-referee grudges have been going on forever, but it is just now that it's coming in the limelight.

Auger should be drummed out of the league. This is the same guy that made false allegations of Shane Doan uttering anti-francophone slurs. Clearly he's not professional enough to officiate at this level.

Fleury's been looking... odd lately.

Like last night. One minute he looks so shaky and the next he makes a great save. Lets in a real softy, then makes a game-preserving save. This has gone on for a bit now. He just seems off. Its as if he's playing injured, and I believe he is. I'd say take him out and let Johnson play a few, but he's hurt to. I have faith in John Curry, though. I saw good things in him when he played a few last year. Let him get a few before the olympic break.

Don't worry about because the Flames can't buy any offense of late we haven't had an offensive outburst since November 30th when we hung 5 on Nashville and have only scored 4 Goals twice since, 2-1 or 3-2 is the flavor we seem to be stuck on with eight 2-1 games and four 3-2 games.

Tonight would be the perfect night to break out and I finally get to see Crosby and Malkin play should be a great game.

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

Georges Laraque has scored his first goal of the season tonight against Dallas. Normally it wouldn't be a big deal, but being of Haitian descent, and scoring in his first game since the earthquake, it must be quite the emotional ride for him.

Before the game the Habs announced they are donating $100,000 dollars to the recovery mission, and all proceeds from the gamenight lottery for tonight and Saturday night will go to the recovery mission.

1zqy8ok.gif

Archived