Mike Greenberg rants

vicfurth

Did Greenie mention that, contrary to what Henson's "guy on the Rams" claimed, yes, they WERE booed last year in the Edward Jones Dome. A lot. And justifiably so.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Atta way to stand up, Mike!

greenberg, that is

sigpurp.png

---Owner of the NHA's Philadelphia Quakers, the UBA's Chicago Skyliners, and the CFA's Portland Beavers (2010 CFA2 Champions)---

And rightfully so.

He's right. He's absolutely right. I wish I could get paid what he has for sitting on my ass.

Mike was right about the heart of his argument, but I think he was wrong on that one detail. Yes, the player in question was benched for the game, but I'm assuming he played on the practice squad and I'm sure he helped the first string scrimmage for Sunday's game.

So, in a sense, the player did indeed help his team win.

The broader point -- that he's a total ass -- still remains.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Like hell he did. The only person who helped his team win was Donnie Avery.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Those who don't boo are blind, ignorant followers and shouldn't watch the game in the first place.

NO ONE should cheer for mediocrity.

I agree unless you happen to be cheering for a college football team. Star recruits don't want to go to a school where every move could be met with 100,000 boos. In the NFL booing isn't as destructive.

PvO6ZWJ.png

I'm all for booing at college games, considering the vast majority of the players (Division 1, nor lower levels) on the team are on full ride scholarships just to play football, not for educational reasons. Walk-ons get a bit of a pass in my book, and anyone who stays their senior year to finish their education is the best kind of college footballer.

I think the Lions fans need to organize a "silent night", where no one cheers or boos for the entire game, they just sit there for the whole game, then get up and leave when it's over. The Lions aren't even boo-worthy any more, they're way past boo, into a whole 'nother dimension of suck.

I don't like booing pro or college, unless I think someone is dogging it or just being a complete ass. If the effort is there, I don't believe in booing poor play.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

I don't like booing pro or college, unless I think someone is dogging it or just being a complete ass. If the effort is there, I don't believe in booing poor play.

co-sign to this... its human nature to f__k up from time to time and no one deserves thousands of people on their arse about something that ultimately has zero affect on our personal lives.

But as far as Robert Henson, someone had a really good post in the comments section of the article:

Players making comments like this = Arrogant, spoiled, ignorant athletes

Fans making comments like this = Passionate, Caring about their team

Not that Henson was right but fans/media get a lot of leeway when it comes to insulting athletes. And they can get away with insults, harassing their families, racial slurs, who knows what else all because 'they pay the player's salary'

Everyone will laugh at the drunk heckling the batter but when the player goes after a fan there's outrage and we wonder why there is such a division with sports athletes and the common fans.

the majority of fans were not even booing the players, they were booing the lousy coaching and play calling and general ineptness of the Redskins organization. Zorn completely missed the boat as well, saying "he was booing inside", no moron, they werent booing your players, they were booing you. Henson, once someone knows who the hell you are, then come back and talk to us. Greenie was on spot.

duscarf2013.pngg6uheq4mgvrndguzuzak1pcte.gif
"I don't understand where you got this idea so deeply ingrained in your head (that this world) is something that you must impress, cause I couldn't care less"

http://keepdcunited.org

But as far as Robert Henson, someone had a really good post in the comments section of the article:

Players making comments like this = Arrogant, spoiled, ignorant athletes

Fans making comments like this = Passionate, Caring about their team

Not that Henson was right but fans/media get a lot of leeway when it comes to insulting athletes. And they can get away with insults, harassing their families, racial slurs, who knows what else all because 'they pay the player's salary'

Everyone will laugh at the drunk heckling the batter but when the player goes after a fan there's outrage and we wonder why there is such a division with sports athletes and the common fans.

Nonsense. I don't know many fans who will laugh at a drunk heckler. There's a reason that ballparks now have tip lines to have them tossed out of the park.

And in what alternate universe does that poster live, where harassing a player's family or tossing racial slurs is ever considered acceptible?

I went to an Orioles game last week. There was this one dude in the front row who was f***ing sloshed. He was heckling the f*** out of the Oakland players all game long, in between runs to the pisser. And everyone, I mean every-last-mother-f***ing person sitting within listening distance was laughing. They thought it was funny. Some even thought he was cool.

I understand what you're saying, Gothamite, I do...but that's not how everyone else acts. That might be how YOU act (and I commend you for it and would love to have a stadium full of people like you when I go) and how I act, but a great many sports fans are mouthbreathing, knuckledragging meatball gasbags. They go to games to heckle, berate, and harass. They ruin the experiences of people like me...which is why I don't go to games much anymore.

With that said, I don't give a damn what Robert Henson thinks he heard or what anyone actually said to him. There was NO reason for him to show the world he is that damn ignorant. Dan Snyder should buy a McDonald's and make Henson's ass work there from 9-5 on Sundays as part of his contract with the 'Skins, since dude doesn't play anyway.

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

Your experience doesn't jibe with mine. I've seen my share of drunk fans, but in the last ten years almost every single one of them has ended up being talked to by security or been marched out.

Yankee Stadium, Miller Park, Dodger Stadium, Mile High, even Keyspan Park in Brooklyn. It's been a very long time since I've seen such behavior treated lightly.

And what about harassing family members, or racial slurs? Are those ever considered cool?

Archived