2010 World Cup Kits

Frankie

I'd be amazed if the Dutch don't have a set of white or orange shorts tucked away somewhere. If the Dutch play Germany in the final, I wouldn't be surprised to see the Dutch go with all orange, if they need to change there shorts. That would be a reprise of the Euro 88 final kit.

article-1023898-004A700D00000258-432_468x692.jpg

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

• Replies 386
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Suprised Argentina wasn't in blue shorts or Germany in white shorts to clash. Jumping ahead (way ahead!) do you guys see a potential Germany/Holland final a kit rematch of '74 as well? (Germany: white/black, Holland: orange/white). Also, as much as I love the Nike "write the future" commercial, I think it's funny how one of the "background" teams , Holland, may be the lone Nike kit in the final. I know the Dutch lack superstars on the level of those in the ads, just think it's ironic on a team play level.

It could be that Nike decided to emphasize other national teams because because Holland had such a strong presence in the previous Nike football "Take It to the Next Level" campaign that ran during Euro 2008. Who knows...

If Germany and the Netherlands make it to the final, they'll definitely both be wearing their traditional colours - Germany White shirt black shorts, and the Netherland an orange kit with white shorts.

Do Holland even have white shorts with their current kit? The primary shorts are black and the clash shorts they have worn so far are blue, so if Germany get to wear their primaries, then Holland will be in orange jerseys and blue shorts (unless they have a third white). If Holland get to wear primaries, than Germany should be in all white.

Great point about the "Take it to the next level" campaign...

"We root for the laundry"

(Jerome Seinfeld)

I think during the last World Cup the Dutch did wear orange shorts, at least once that I remember, even though they weren't officially part of their kit.

They actually wore all-orange every game during 2006, except during the Battle of Nuremburg where Portugal forced them into their change kits. I remember being mad because their uniforms with the white shorts looked MUCH better. They definitely could've/should've Serbia/Montenegro that year.

Look at this

5uoawien94joyja1miuc.gif

Compared to this

_41777502_dutch9.jpg

2006.world.cup.jpg

netherlands-vs-serbia-and-montenegro-12min.jpg

I actually spent Euro 08 hoping that they wouldn't bust out the all-orange look. Thank God they got it right. This is still, IMO, the best that they've looked since the 70s.

318032.jpg

I'd be amazed if the Dutch don't have a set of white or orange shorts tucked away somewhere. If the Dutch play Germany in the final, I wouldn't be surprised to see the Dutch go with all orange, if they need to change there shorts. That would be a reprise of the Euro 88 final kit.

I have that exact Jersey, I may need to break it out tomorrow.

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

Who knew John Buccigross played soccer???

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

What brand of boot is Mr. Van Basten wearing? Little curly to be a swoosh...

"We root for the laundry"

(Jerome Seinfeld)

those are Cruyff boots

those are Cruyff boots

See here http://www.cruyffclassics.com/history-3/players-gallery

I think during the last World Cup the Dutch did wear orange shorts, at least once that I remember, even though they weren't officially part of their kit.

They actually wore all-orange every game during 2006, except during the Battle of Nuremburg where Portugal forced them into their change kits. I remember being mad because their uniforms with the white shorts looked MUCH better. They definitely could've/should've Serbia/Montenegro that year.

Look at this

5uoawien94joyja1miuc.gif

Compared to this

_41777502_dutch9.jpg

2006.world.cup.jpg

netherlands-vs-serbia-and-montenegro-12min.jpg

I actually spent Euro 08 hoping that they wouldn't bust out the all-orange look. Thank God they got it right. This is still, IMO, the best that they've looked since the 70s.

318032.jpg

And all orange it is...

Visit my store on REDBUBBLE

Random question, Did Germany's crest during the 1934 and 1938 world cup have a swatstika? Yes I've researched on GOOGLE and couldn't find anything, I thought this would be the most appropriate thread.

I can't find any photographs of a Nazi era soccer uniform, the closest being some unclear images from an infamous Germany vs England match, when English players were made (in fact made may be too strong a word) to give a Nazi salute. here is a getty image That doesn't seem to have a Swastika on it.

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

If any of you watched that match in HD, you're probably in need of LASIK right about now.

That said, I wouldn't mind seeing them again in the final. Hell, they're the Oranje...make it all the way oranje!!1

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Archived