2010 World Cup Kits

Frankie

Anyone know what the North Korea kits look like? I assume they will be plain and made by a manufacturer that I've never heard of, but I also vaguely remember seeing other communist countries wear Adidas (China).

China's about as communist these days as kids who were those Che Guevara shirts they bought at Spencer's Gifts (that were made in China).

• Replies 386
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Anyone know what the North Korea kits look like? I assume they will be plain and made by a manufacturer that I've never heard of, but I also vaguely remember seeing other communist countries wear Adidas (China).

China's about as communist these days as kids who were those Che Guevara shirts they bought at Spencer's Gifts (that were made in China).

As a frequent visitor to China, I couldn't have said it better myself.

Visit my store on REDBUBBLE

North Korea:

Home:

99570249.th.jpg

Away:

98628987.th.jpg

GK:

98628201.th.jpg

Manufacturer called Astore

4r2eer.png

North Korea:

Home:

99570249.th.jpg

Away:

98628987.th.jpg

GK:

98628201.th.jpg

actually, whether astore is in fact north korea's supplier is still in doubt. they personally ordered astore jerseys for their most recent friendly, but reports are that they signed a contract with italian maker legea.

here's a WSJ link --

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052748704717004575268232320877058.html?mod=fox_australian

Have you seen the shirts in person? They're really cool looking. Nobody would confuse them with anything off-the-rack.

It's a win-win. Simple enough to look classic on the pitch, yet the construction is unmistakably modern when worn by the fans.

Seconded. You have to check it out in person to really appreciate it.

Man, everything about this England set is oozing retro beauty. The white collared primary with the round numerals, the solid red change with white cuffs is excellent, and the solid yellow version with white cuffs for the goalkeeper is quite refreshing as well. I'm glad it will be chilly, because I like the long sleeve version of the red shirt better. I believe there is a charcoal goalkeeper shirt as well.

I wish the primary shorts had the red stripe on them like the change shorts do. I'd also like to evaluate the white paired with navy blue shorts, with a red stripe like the change shorts.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

North Korea:

Home:

99570249.th.jpg

Away:

98628987.th.jpg

GK:

98628201.th.jpg

actually, whether astore is in fact north korea's supplier is still in doubt. they personally ordered astore jerseys for their most recent friendly, but reports are that they signed a contract with italian maker legea.

here's a WSJ link --

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052748704717004575268232320877058.html?mod=fox_australian

North Korea signs with Legea

Have you seen the shirts in person? They're really cool looking. Nobody would confuse them with anything off-the-rack.

It's a win-win. Simple enough to look classic on the pitch, yet the construction is unmistakably modern when worn by the fans.

Man, everything about this England set is oozing retro beauty. The white collared primary with the round numerals, the solid red change with white cuffs is excellent, and the solid yellow version with white cuffs for the goalkeeper is quite refreshing as well. I'm glad it will be chilly, because I like the long sleeve version of the red shirt better. I believe there is a charcoal goalkeeper shirt as well.

I wish the primary shorts had the red stripe on them like the change shorts do. I'd also like to evaluate the white paired with navy blue shorts, with a red stripe like the change shorts.

the one thing that irritates me about england's jersey is the fact that the world cup star is the same color as the shirt. what, are england ashamed of their only world cup victory that the star has to blend in with the rest of the shirt?!? is going so retro to pre-66 so necessary that you pretty much make the star invisible?

North Korea:

Home:

99570249.th.jpg

Away:

98628987.th.jpg

GK:

98628201.th.jpg

here's a WSJ link --

North Korea signs with Legea

if legea is good enough for mugabe's zimbabwe and ahmadinejad's iran, it has to be good enough for kim jong il. :P

the one thing that irritates me about england's jersey is the fact that the world cup star is the same color as the shirt. what, are england ashamed of their only world cup victory that the star has to blend in with the rest of the shirt?!? is going so retro to pre-66 so necessary that you pretty much make the star invisible?

Maybe they just don't want or need to throw it in everyone's face. I don't think there's anything wrong with understating one's own accomplishments by being modest in this regard, no matter how un-modest the accomplishment is. I find it classy that the star is tonal and subdued.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

Heck, England didn't bother with the star at all until 2002, and that was after a campign from a fairly lame TV show. I like the star, but it's not needed to be a prominent visual element. All Englishmen know of 1966, and no ones else is likely to care.

$300 a set? Yikes.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Maybe they just don't want or need to throw it in everyone's face. I don't think there's anything wrong with understating one's own accomplishments by being modest in this regard, no matter how un-modest the accomplishment is. I find it classy that the star is tonal and subdued.

That'd be great, were they not usually squawking about being World Cup winners and all that.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

That'd be great, were they not usually squawking about being World Cup winners and all that.

So it's a classic case of 'Do as I do, not as I say.' Err... Oh yeah, when's the last time the English did something that really, truly made sense?

Interesting story, England have revealed a third kit to use in a possible meeting against Paraguay. Paraguay uses a red and white striped jersey, while England's kits are both white and red. I'm not sure what Paraguay's away color is, so this seems a little unnecessary. Still, sweet jersey they unveiled. Love the recolored crest. Third kits for international teams are pretty uncommon, especially unveiling it so close to the WC.

4537056019_c2e8f7c495.jpg

spacer.png

erikas | go birds | dribbble 

North Korea:

Home:

99570249.th.jpg

Away:

98628987.th.jpg

GK:

98628201.th.jpg

here's a WSJ link --

Astore is baskian company, and Baskia is a region in Spain.

I did see that North Corea signed with Legea, but I thought it's for after the world cup. The last jersey they were spotting was Hummel (danish company)

Interesting story, England have revealed a third kit to use in a possible meeting against Paraguay. Paraguay uses a red and white striped jersey, while England's kits are both white and red. I'm not sure what Paraguay's away color is, so this seems a little unnecessary. Still, sweet jersey they unveiled. Love the recolored crest. Third kits for international teams are pretty uncommon, especially unveiling it so close to the WC.

Paraguay's away kit is solid white, so I'm assuming England would just wear their Reds.

paraguay_wc10-away.jpg

Paraguay's away kit is solid white, so I'm assuming England would just wear their Reds.

paraguay_wc10-away.jpg

They only have white pants, so they'd probably have some blue shorts to go with the blue shirt.

You know how FIFA is about not wanting ANYTHING, shirt, shorts, or socks to clash.

Archived