2010 World Cup Kits

Frankie

• Replies 386
  • Created
  • Last Reply

http://www.gettyimages.com/detail/97388289/Getty-Images-Sport

The Socceroos away kit got a debut tonight. Don't ask me why, in a competitive match, they allowed a player to wear #121. It's absurd.

Personally, I think the Aussie's kits are the worst in the tournament. They look terrible.

Also the US and Holland are wearing their new duds in a friendly

The Socceroos away kit got a debut tonight. Don't ask me why, in a competitive match, they allowed a player to wear #121. It's absurd.

I think this calls for some sort of explanation.

Yeah, there's got to be some sort of reason as to why they let someone wear #121. Gotta be an explanation.

Also, count me into the crowd that thinks that the US away kit looked much better in action. The only thing that I didn't like was the socks, wtf is going on there?

a8a9e9267321d343b09700f0d8f401ab-getty-96490744iw021_netherland_v_.jpg

Yeah, there's got to be some sort of reason as to why they let someone wear #121. Gotta be an explanation.

Also, count me into the crowd that thinks that the US away kit looked much better in action. The only thing that I didn't like was the socks, wtf is going on there?

How did you get that high-res photo (I mean high-res by the fact its the largest game photo I've seen so far)? I see by opening it in a new tab it has the Yahoo logo, but I do not know how to get the large versions of the photos. Any help would be appreciated, because I'm actually looking for decent sized pics of the game. Thanks!

Re the #121 thing:

1501: Joe asks: "What were the crazy squad numbers all about. Tommy Oar 121?"

Simon says:Hi Joe. The AFC demands that players are given a number that they keepthroughout the qualifying campaign - so I can only surmise that Pim wasthinking Tommy was well down the pecking order when he got 121! Quitehow they fathom those particular numbers though is beyond me....surelythere were a few "70s" left?!! Weird.

Obviously Pim Verbeek's team have registered every Australian professional footballer with the AFC, just in case!

liverpool-1.png

I find it interesting that aftert he big kit reveal with the blue shirt with the blue shorts, the first time they get worn they go with the blue shirt over the white shorts. My first thought when I saw both the all white homes and the all blue roads was that they were really sharp, but would look better if the shorts were reversed - white shirt/blue shorts, blue shirt/white shorts. After seeing the above photo, I think I was right. This does look really sharp. I wonder how upset Nike is that they didn't wear the all blues as introduced?

z9e0rqit393ojiizsemd0t1hx.gif74937881997.gifUnited States (2016 - Pres)North Carolina Tar Heels (2015 - Pres)

I find it interesting that aftert he big kit reveal with the blue shirt with the blue shorts, the first time they get worn they go with the blue shirt over the white shorts. My first thought when I saw both the all white homes and the all blue roads was that they were really sharp, but would look better if the shorts were reversed - white shirt/blue shorts, blue shirt/white shorts. After seeing the above photo, I think I was right. This does look really sharp. I wonder how upset Nike is that they didn't wear the all blues as introduced?

The only real away part of the kit is the jersey, the rest is usually interchangeable. I assume this is because FIFA doesn't want any part of the kit to clash. For example, Holland wore their "away" kit (white jersey-blue shorts-white socks), so the USA was required to wear white shorts because Holland was the home team. It really doesn't make much sense especially when a team like Brazil (yellow-blue-white) is required to change socks just because the other team, for example Argentina (blue&white-black-white), is wearing white socks.

The only real away part of the kit is the jersey, the rest is usually interchangeable. I assume this is because FIFA doesn't want any part of the kit to clash. For example, Holland wore their "away" kit (white jersey-blue shorts-white socks), so the USA was required to wear white shorts because Holland was the home team. It doesn't really make much sense, especially when a team like Brazil (yellow-blue-white) is required to change socks just because the other team, for example Argentina (blue&white-black-white), is wearing white socks.

EDIT: Holland is also a Nike team, and I imagine that Nike would rather the Dutch wore their away kit because they're the higher profile team.... and maybe they'll sell more shorts, socks, etc. than the USA??

The only real away part of the kit is the jersey, the rest is usually interchangeable. I assume this is because FIFA doesn't want any part of the kit to clash. For example, Holland wore their "away" kit (white jersey-blue shorts-white socks), so the USA was required to wear white shorts because Holland was the home team. It doesn't really make much sense, especially when a team like Brazil (yellow-blue-white) is required to change socks just because the other team, for example Argentina (blue&white-black-white), is wearing white socks.

EDIT: Holland is also a Nike team, and I imagine that Nike would rather the Dutch wore their away kit because they're the higher profile team.... and maybe they'll sell more shorts, socks, etc. than the USA??

That makes sense. I saw somewhere today that the USA kits were officially their change kits. Personally, I like that version better.

z9e0rqit393ojiizsemd0t1hx.gif74937881997.gifUnited States (2016 - Pres)North Carolina Tar Heels (2015 - Pres)

As far as I can tell, Nike has only officially unveiled the away/clash jerseys for US and Netherlands, unlike some of their other countries which have gotten full unveilings. Because of that, the only kit Netherlands had to wear was their white clash kits, which, as you mentioned, forced the US to wear white shorts to clash with Holland's blue shorts.

I like both the US and the Dutch kits, but I'm not feeling the front number placement on either jersey. I think the numbers would look better in the middle of the jersey over the sash (USA) and stripes (NED).

Visit my store on REDBUBBLE

i can't stand Portugal, but these didn't look terrible yesterday:

97410728.jpg?v=1&c=NewsMaker&k=2&d=77BFBA49EF878921A343B2C87A49D8F5E9F0D5C91909C94966B32015508DC67DD793DD015B41C427

That nakes for a nice fit. The retail jerseys, by the way, don't have the white space in the middle of the striping. Portugal also has the inside-the-shield motto - "La Equipa a Nós", or something along those lines.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Archived