2010 World Cup Kits

Frankie

• Replies 386
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So one team will change kits in the final. (I presume!) This gives us a chance to consider the history of teams changing shirts in World Cup finals.

Going back to 1958, here is a summary

1958- Sweden changed from yellow to blue and lost.

1962- Czechoslovakia changed from red to white and lost.

1966- England changed from white to red, and won

1986- West Germany changed from white to green, and lost

1990- Argentine changed from stripes to royal blue and lost

2006- France changed from blue to white and lost.

So as far as I can tell the only team to lift the world cup in its change colors is England in 1966.

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

I've noticed that in the Knockout rounds, preference has gone to the team that either won their group or was in the higher "ranked" group...So considering that Oranje was in Group E & Spain in Group H, I think Spain will be in navy on Sunday...

Then again, that's just a complete shot in the dark & the preference theory could be just a huge coincidence.

Well it's the team on the left side of the bracket....... I'm pretty sure.

Here is my Saturday and Sunday uni predictions.

Third Place Game

uruguay-2010.gif v germany-2010-3.gif

Germany may wear white shorts just a hunch.

FINAL!!!!!!

netherlands-2010-3.gif v spain-2010-2.gif

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

I THINK Holland may go with their usual black shorts and Spain will wear white shorts (I'm pretty sure they did that before). That's what I'm hoping for at least. Two monochrome looks would not be too great to see, no matter how sexy both kits are.

spacer.png

erikas | go birds | dribbble 

Nobody cares about the 3rd place game.

I would think that Spain would wear the Red/Royal kit since they're the higher ranked FIFA team. NED should wear white/orange as they have word orange tops before in the Finals and lost twice.

Nobody cares about the 3rd place game.

I would think that Spain would wear the Red/Royal kit since they're the higher ranked FIFA team. NED should wear white/orange as they have word orange tops before in the Finals and lost twice.

I don't know if it's been confirmed, but I think the Dutch are designated the home team, as they came through the top half of the draw.

I tend to agree with New Era's prediction. All orange for the Netherlands and all Navy for Spain. The Dutch may have lost 2 world cup finals wearing orange and White, but they did win the 1988 European Championships in all orange.

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

I THINK Holland may go with their usual black shorts and Spain will wear white shorts (I'm pretty sure they did that before). That's what I'm hoping for at least. Two monochrome looks would not be too great to see, no matter how sexy both kits are.

Yeah, that's what i think too, spain wore white shorts against chile

07Giants.pngnyy.png

Third Place Game

FINAL!!!!!!

also for third place, I think Germany will be black/white/white

07Giants.pngnyy.png

Third Place Game

FINAL!!!!!!

also for third place, I think Germany will be black/white/white

Yeah I agree with the Germans breaking out White socks.

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

FIFA announced the 2014 logo today. Don't have it linked yet but it is a picture of several hands joined together to form the Jules Rimet trophy with the words 2014 FIFA World Cup Brasil underneath

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

FIFA announced the 2014 logo today. Don't have it linked yet but it is a picture of several hands joined together to form the Jules Rimet trophy with the words 2014 FIFA World Cup Brasil underneath

Just for semantics, the current world cup trophy is not the Jules Rimet Trophy. That refers specifically to the Trophy that was awarded to Brazil in 1970. The current Trophy is referred to as the FIFA World Cup Trophy.

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

Minor quibble. It's the FIFA World Cup trophy. The Jules Rimet trophy looks like this

julesrimet.jpg

and was retired in 1970 with Brazil's 3rd win.

Germany didn't wear the shorts with gold stripes & numbers or didn't have them at all. What a wasted opportunity, as far as kits are concerned. Those really would've been one of the best at the World Cup, which is saying something considering it's adidas.

Actually, I have to give adidas props. In 2006 & in the 2008 Euros/Gold Cup, the adidas teams looked TERRIBLE. Now, mostly all of them looked decent. Adidas stepped their game up this year. They still fall way behind Nike, & still behind Puma in terms of kit design quality, IMO...but they were good this year.

I disagree. Adidas has put out some fantastic kits this year. Only a handful I didn't like. Nike just went a bit too simple in some cases, and missed some opportunities for fantastic kits. I hate all the Puma ones. The collars are weird and the material on most of the African ones are super weird (it's like a mesh). Since I'm a huge soccer shirt wearer, most of the ones I've gotten in the past year have been Adidas, the designs are nice and they're way more comfortable (Nike's are a bit TOO thin, and Pumas I just can't get over how they feel, although its better than Nike). I've gotten the USA blue shirt and that's it, the rest have been adidas (both spain, Argentina blue) and have been tempted to by many more.

spacer.png

erikas | go birds | dribbble 

Actually, I have to give adidas props. In 2006 & in the 2008 Euros/Gold Cup, the adidas teams looked TERRIBLE. Now, mostly all of them looked decent. Adidas stepped their game up this year. They still fall way behind Nike, & still behind Puma in terms of kit design quality, IMO...but they were good this year.

From the hideous, hideous font used to the general look of the kits, I think Puma was a distant, distant, distant third this year... maybe even fourth or fifth counting the smaller kit makers.

yeah, the pumas were AWFUL! i hated how on the puma jerseys with stripes or hoops, (eg algeria and ghana) the hoops/stripes got cut off by that wierd diagonal seam. every single font they used was f***ing bizzare and sometimes illegible too.

Would anyone happen to know of a website where I can get a kit relatively cheap? I'm not dropping $85 plus shipping on a jersey, but if I want one, it sure looks like that will be the case and I won't be getting one.

I really like France's white kit, and Japan's kits, both home and road. The font's weren't great, but not too bad as far as numbers go. The name font was pretty bad though, but unless you have the letter r in your name, I guess it wasn't that bad.

Archived