2010 World Cup Kits

Frankie

• Replies 386
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Germany has a very nice classy kit. love the end of the sleeves with the german flag colors

to the best of my knowledge

Authentic = player Issue(d) kits with whatever technology of the day, usually tight, lextra names/numbers, championship stars, competition patches, matchday printing etc

Replica = less or none of the technology stuff, a lot cheaper to produce, at times lacking certain graphic or other details such as starts, league patches, smaller/plastic letters and numbers and most importantly a wider fit for the non athletes.

as for that band/plastic thing on some/all of the adidas player isssued kits, here's what I found, from the adidas site (pictures here)

Powerweb

Powerweb is a series of TPU (Thermoplastic Urethane) bands which are pressed onto the base layer of TechFit apparel. There is no other technology like it. The bands are anchored at key points, such as around the waist or above the knees and are focused on key muscle groups (such up upper legs or shoulders). Working in unison with muscles, they function like springs.

When an athlete moves, one set of muscles contracts while an opposite set extends; the bands mimic this, stretching on the extension side to store elastic energy. When the process is reversed and the extended muscles contract, the bands snap back to their shorter length, providing an athlete with more power.

Good to see adidas is stepping their game up after the Euro Cup 08 & World Cup 06, where they put out garbage compared to what Nike & Puma were doing. They're doing a pretty good job with the kits this year.

Those spain ones are atrocious, IMO. They had two of the better sets the past two go-rounds (Euro 08 and Confed Cup, IIRC), and I loved the dark navy they used. Reverting back to royal blue is a huge downgrade, and I hate that design.

Denmark: really nice I think, Adidas (besides Spain IMO) have really stepped it up and are producing some quality kits. This WC could be one of the best looking, with Adidas putting out better kits and PUMA has those great African ones. Can't wait to see what Nike has.

The 11 dotted stripes, like Germany, represent the players, and I think it looks pretty cool, kind of a mesmerizing effect.

denmark-10-12-adidas-home-kit.jpg

spacer.png

erikas | go birds | dribbble 

Am I guessing the green Spain shirt is the goalkeeper kit? They've made Spain wear black (1998) and gold (2008) if I recall correctly. The green would be as bizarre as the blue Turkey socks/shorts/numbers of the recent past.

Mexico - not as bad as I thought they'd be. I'm really digging that green, and the cool design on the front. Hate the red armpits though.

Looks like the design on the front is supposed to be feathers from the eagle in the crest? That's my guess, though they could be leaves.

mexico-10-12-adidas-home-kit-1.jpg

In 1994, Mexico's change strip reflected the eagle ... it was a white jersey with a red outline of a wing and a head across the chest. This was when soccer jerseys were not mandated to be a solid color (or predominance thereof).

According to a guy I talked to through a soccer jersey distributor, the United States will not unveil their World Cup kits until March. Looks like we still have a good four month wait. :cry:

"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must outrun the slowest gazelle or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle. When the sun comes up, you'd better be running." - Unknown | 🌐 Check out my articles on jerseys at Bacon Sports 🔗
spacer.png

According to a guy I talked to through a soccer jersey distributor, the United States will not unveil their World Cup kits until March. Looks like we still have a good four month wait. :cry:

Crap.....Although seeing Charlie Davies in a uni at the unveiling (even though he won't play) would be great....

"We root for the laundry"

(Jerome Seinfeld)

Argentina's new kits were released, they look much better than the previous effort...

I'm not too sold on the black socks tough...

267488.jpg

0307715B.jpg

Watching Argentina Spain friendly right now with new jerseys and Argentina is wearing the usual WHITE socks. Must have been a mix-up in that photo shoot. They look nice on the field, a lot more cleaner than previous.

Don't think any of the players are wearing the 'tight fit' either.

RocketsAstrosTexansArgentinaDynamo

Argentina's new kits were released, they look much better than the previous effort...

I'm not too sold on the black socks tough...

267488.jpg

0307715B.jpg

Watching Argentina Spain friendly right now with new jerseys and Argentina is wearing the usual WHITE socks. Must have been a mix-up in that photo shoot. They look nice on the field, a lot more cleaner than previous.

Don't think any of the players are wearing the 'tight fit' either.

Both Spain and Argentina were wearing both the "tight fit" and the "regular fit"

iv5yj3tveej7sf77mexcxivt0.gif

Am I guessing the green Spain shirt is the goalkeeper kit? They've made Spain wear black (1998) and gold (2008) if I recall correctly. The green would be as bizarre as the blue Turkey socks/shorts/numbers of the recent past.

I'm guessing you are not a huge soccer fan if you don't recognize San Iker. Oh well. But you are correct, the green one is goalkeeper's shirt.

I'm still disappointed that Denmark has ditched Hummel in favor of Adidas. Denmark and Hummel are like England and Umbro. And hand I feel like Italy should go with Kappa, Lotto or Diadora, but I guess they are too small companies. In 2002 (or at least 2000) they were still rocking Kappa. I have a beautiful azzurri Kappa shirt, but I'm getting too fat for the whole slim fit stuff. But it's something like this:

200427380.jpg

Looks really tacky and dorky in the picture, but it's really a simplistic and classy kit. Oh Kappa. Now they have boring Puma's.

I'm guessing you are not a huge soccer fan if you don't recognize San Iker. Oh well. But you are correct, the green one is goalkeeper's shirt.

I'm still disappointed that Denmark has ditched Hummel in favor of Adidas. Denmark and Hummel are like England and Umbro. And hand I feel like Italy should go with Kappa, Lotto or Diadora, but I guess they are too small companies. In 2002 (or at least 2000) they were still rocking Kappa. I have a beautiful azzurri Kappa shirt, but I'm getting too fat for the whole slim fit stuff. But it's something like this:

200427380.jpg

Looks really tacky and dorky in the picture, but it's really a simplistic and classy kit. Oh Kappa. Now they have boring Puma's.

For about 6 or 7 years around the turn of the century Kappa made some of the classiest soccer kits around. The current Roma kit is pretty decent as well, and shows something of a return to form.

I too would love to see Denmark back in Hummel. They produced some beautiful strips for the Danes. (But also some shockingly bad outfits as well it needs to be said!) Not a great fan if the new Denmark kits I have to say. Not sure what that chest striping is all about, and it bleeds or strobes a bit.

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

That better not be the primary shirt. White/blue/white, damnit. Quit changing things up.

As a change strip... eh, nah, I still don't like it.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

That better not be the primary shirt. White/blue/white, damnit. Quit changing things up.

As a change strip... eh, nah, I still don't like it.

Don't worry. I can guarantee you 100% that is not it.

- This is the "Create-a-Strip" template off of Football Shirt Culture.

- When was the last time a Nike jersey leaked from the template image?

- Plus, look at the photoshop craftsmanship of the picture. Nowhere close to Nike standards.

- Look at the leaked Portugal pic... expect that when it "leaks".

- Since when is the change kit leaked before the home strip?

Archived