Patriots throwbacks

SPORTSDOCTOR

3 hours of stipes that don't go all the way around the shoulder and a font that was used in '66 despite the jerseys being from '64 is riveting radio...

Though the new guy at the office kept on about how much he like the Pats' throwbacks. Looks like they hired well.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The point of the AFL Legacy games isn't to throw back to 1960, but to celebrate the AFL. They're doing this because it is the AFL's 50th Anniversary, using that as a pretext to honor the league. By allowing the teams to select uniforms from different years of the AFL, it gives a more colorful celebration of that league, IMO.

Which makes it even more of a shame that the Dolphins and Bengals are not being included in the Legacy Games. If they really wanted to celebrate the first year of the league, the original teams should be wearing 1960 unis...but to celebrate the entire history of the AFL and not include Miami and Cincinnati is inexcusable.

The point of the AFL Legacy games isn't to throw back to 1960, but to celebrate the AFL. They're doing this because it is the AFL's 50th Anniversary, using that as a pretext to honor the league. By allowing the teams to select uniforms from different years of the AFL, it gives a more colorful celebration of that league, IMO.

Which makes it even more of a shame that the Dolphins and Bengals are not being included in the Legacy Games. If they really wanted to celebrate the first year of the league, the original teams should be wearing 1960 unis...but to celebrate the entire history of the AFL and not include Miami and Cincinnati is inexcusable.

I disagree. The 100th Anniversary celebration of the NFL's founding surely won't (and shouldn't) include the Panthers, Jags, Bucs, Seahawks et. al. would it?

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

Truly, the epitome of a travesty.

Sports talk?

Follow the clues.

Canine's are us.

Might be rabid?

Nothing can get by him.

Minus a Mike.

But the Flintstones pet is here.

Up in the sky in outer space.

Winning numbers are 123 and 144.

A travesty I tell you.

I disagree. The 100th Anniversary celebration of the NFL's founding surely won't (and shouldn't) include the Panthers, Jags, Bucs, Seahawks et. al. would it?

So where would you draw the line, Saints? Cowboys? Browns? Eagles? By your logic the NFL Anniversary should only be celebrated by the...

• Akron Professionals

• Buffalo All-Americans

• Canton Bulldogs

• Chicago Cardinals

• Chicago Tigers

• Cleveland Tigers

• Columbus Panhandles

• Dayton Triangles

• Decatur Staleys

• Detroit Heralds

• Hammond Pros

• Muncie Flyers

• Rochester (N.Y.) Jeffersons

• Rock Island Independents

So where would you draw the line, Saints? Cowboys? Browns? Eagles? By your logic the NFL Anniversary should only be celebrated by the...

? Akron Professionals

? Buffalo All-Americans

? Canton Bulldogs

? Chicago Cardinals

? Chicago Tigers

? Cleveland Tigers

? Columbus Panhandles

? Dayton Triangles

? Decatur Staleys

? Detroit Heralds

? Hammond Pros

? Muncie Flyers

? Rochester (N.Y.) Jeffersons

? Rock Island Independents

Someone with talent (I am not one) should do some "modern" concepts of these teams.

iq5b7nF.png

Why not? The League's 75th anniversary was celebrated by all teams, including the Seahawks and Bucs, which were at the time the two most junior clubs.

Why not? The League's 75th anniversary was celebrated by all teams, including the Seahawks and Bucs, which were at the time the two most junior clubs.

I think there is a difference between the AFL celebrations and the NFL centenary celebrations. Celebrating the 40th Anniversary of the founding of the AFL is a particular celebration of a move a collection of teams made. When the centenary of the NFL comes around, it will be a celebration for the whole sport, or at least the pro level of the whole sport.

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

I think it's safe to assume that the Panthers won't be breaking out any throwbacks any time soon.

I think it's safe to assume that the Panthers won't be breaking out any throwbacks any time soon.

Perhaps they will design fauxbacks.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

? Akron Professionals

? Buffalo All-Americans

? Canton Bulldogs

? Chicago Cardinals

? Chicago Tigers

? Cleveland Tigers

? Columbus Panhandles

? Dayton Triangles

? Decatur Staleys

? Detroit Heralds

? Hammond Pros

? Muncie Flyers

? Rochester (N.Y.) Jeffersons

? Rock Island Independents

It's time to bring the Duluth Eskimos back from oblivion.

It's time to bring the Duluth Eskimos back from oblivion.

I always thought the Vikings should wear a Duluth Eskimo uni as a throiwback... it was a great look.

Sports talk?

Follow the clues.

Canine's are us.

Might be rabid?

Nothing can get by him.

Minus a Mike.

A travesty I tell you.

Off-topic, but I've got it figured out. I usually listen to the sports guy on the King's second home, but I might switch over tonight to give you a listen.

Sodboy13 said:
As you watch more basketball, you will learn to appreciate the difference between "defense" and "couldn't find the rim with a pair of bloodhounds and a Garmin."

meet the new page, not the same as the old page.

Sports talk?

Follow the clues.

Canine's are us.

Might be rabid?

Nothing can get by him.

Minus a Mike.

A travesty I tell you.

Why not just say "Hey. I'm Chris Russo or I'm Dino Costa (or whatever Mad Dog Radio host you're claiming to be.) Check me out on Mad Dog Radio. Believe me, you could use the listeners. Why the big secret? Nice try dude. Not buying it.

I'll tell you what, if you want to prove it then tell me something only a radio insider would know. Feel free to use a PM. If you're legit I won't tell anyone who you are. Radio code of honor. Oh and good luck pulling listeners away from Ferrall.

BB52Big.jpg

All roads lead to Dollar General.

Someone mentioned earlier that the Patriots were using the wrong helmet logo, they are using the original "Pat the Patriot" not the slightly cleaner 2nd "Pat the Patriot"

Now you may be right on the size of the logo, I don't know enough to know about that. But they are using hte original, you can tell by the grey that's acting as a shaddow and the "crazier" look in his face.

Sports talk?

Follow the clues.

Canine's are us.

Might be rabid?

Nothing can get by him.

Minus a Mike.

A travesty I tell you.

Why not just say "Hey. I'm Chris Russo or I'm Dino Costa (or whatever Mad Dog Radio host you're claiming to be.) Check me out on Mad Dog Radio. Believe me, you could use the listeners. Why the big secret? Nice try dude. Not buying it.

I'll tell you what, if you want to prove it then tell me something only a radio insider would know. Feel free to use a PM. If you're legit I won't tell anyone who you are. Radio code of honor. Oh and good luck pulling listeners away from Ferrall.

Given that this guy (SPORTSDOCTOR) launched into the same misinformed rant on two different threads and has repeatedly shown his total lack of knowledge about the AFL throwbacks, I have no doubt that he is on sports talk radio...

1966BroncosMED.jpg64BearsBlasingamelowres-1.jpgKeyeReboundCloseJPG.jpgDUMagnuson.jpg

Archived