NFL Weekly Uniform Notes

Bmac

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Count me as the many who are already tired of seeing the AFL uniforms or "throwback" uniforms so much in 2009.

Its the New York JETS. Not the New York TITANS. Why would anyone want to even think about that embarrassing part of JETS history? Hopefully after this year, they are put away for good. They aren't a terrible looking uniform. They just aren't THE JETS.

Anyway, the Chargers will be in their chubby-inducing powder blue alts (although not as "rockin" as the powder blue throwbacks).

And the Bears will be in their Halloween orange alts this week against the Brownies.

Make that an even dozen thank you very much!

I miscounted. My appologies, sir. However, my point remains valid.

Of course it's valid. Hell, even when they MAKE the playoffs it usually ends in some embarrassing way.

See Duhe, A.J.; Gastineau, Mark; Byars, Keith; or Brien, Doug

65caba33-7cfc-417f-ac8e-5eb8cdd12dc9_zps

Just saw the Eagles mascot arive at stadium wearing black jersey.

He always wears what the team is wearing, so expect the Eagles to be in black today.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Just saw the Eagles mascot arive at stadium wearing black jersey.

He always wears what the team is wearing, so expect the Eagles to be in black today.

Never mind. Eagles in green today.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Bears in orange tops today.

Yes! i love these things once a year, they always wear them in late october (halloween) and usually play a crappy team (Browns) and destroy them in these tops, probably why they're stilll around

sigpurp.png

---Owner of the NHA's Philadelphia Quakers, the UBA's Chicago Skyliners, and the CFA's Portland Beavers (2010 CFA2 Champions)---

Count me as the many who are already tired of seeing the AFL uniforms or "throwback" uniforms so much in 2009.

That doesn't count. You hate when any team wears throwbacks even once.

Yeah, really. For ONE anniversary season you can deal with AFL Legacy games.

As for the Jets, well their choice of throwbacks are kind of limited, seeing as if they went with the obvious choice, the SB III set, very few people would notice the difference. They could always drop the throwbacks and go with alternates, but I don't want to see the Jets in black, thankyouverymuch.

As for the Jets, well their choice of throwbacks are kind of limited, seeing as if they went with the obvious choice, the SB III set, very few people would notice the difference. They could always drop the throwbacks and go with alternates, but I don't want to see the Jets in black, thankyouverymuch.

I would have liked to see the Jets go with throwbacks from their first season as the Jets. There wouldn't be a significant change from their regular set, but the helmet logo would have the Jet on it instead of the oval.

I would have liked to see the Jets go with throwbacks from their first season as the Jets. There wouldn't be a significant change from their regular set, but the helmet logo would have the Jet on it instead of the oval.

that would be missing the REAL point of all this completely. Fans don't buy helmets... they buy jerseys.

Archived