OSU alts

dmhtfld

From Uni Watch:

A little birdie tells me Nike has something similar planned for Nov. 14th, involving at least one school and probably more:

The uniform will be all-white with some kind of gradient checkerboard fade on the sleeves and pants. The helmet will be white with that checkerboard fade and the school logo. The gloves will have a [one part of the school's logo] on the left-hand palm and [the other part of the logo] on the other hand, so when they?re combined they make the full logo.

Sounds like Miami.

Are these part of the program?

Texas_Royal_uniform_1.jpg

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Alright well i was listening to the radio today and they were talking about an OSU alt jersey

here is the picture of it and it looks like another concept of some sort to the right

JogVg.jpg

there are also rumors that when osu plays michigan this year, they will be both be wearing their 1961 throwback uniforms

im pretty sure that these are not throwbacks but idk when or if they will be worn

does anyone have any info on this?

You know, these look a hell of a lot like the Nike Pro Combat jerseys that FSU just unveiled rather than actual true throwbacks. I wonder if we're gonna see some crazy s**t go on with the Buckeye's unis, specifically the pants, like we did with FSU.

Looking at the shoulders, I think you may be correct.

From Uni Watch:

A little birdie tells me Nike has something similar planned for Nov. 14th, involving at least one school and probably more:

The uniform will be all-white with some kind of gradient checkerboard fade on the sleeves and pants. The helmet will be white with that checkerboard fade and the school logo. The gloves will have a [one part of the school's logo] on the left-hand palm and [the other part of the logo] on the other hand, so when they?re combined they make the full logo.

Sounds like Miami.

Could also be Virginia Tech given the tOSU photo leaked earlier --- the other jersey in the photo appears to be Chicago Maroon and Orange, and the gloves could maybe make out the VT logo.

Its obviously the one next to the OSU one. I mean, "gradient, checkerboard fade" is right there on the shoulders.

Facebook: CustomSportsCovers Twitter: CSCovers

No because when the Irish came to Ireland and first came in contact with the leprechaun people, they didn't take their land away and force them to move west. Instead, the two groups learned to assimilate peacefully. However, certain tribes of the leprechaun refused to taint the pure blood and moved north into the forests of Ireland, only to be seen rarely, usually at the same time of a rainbows appearance and occasionally at the factories of Lucky Charms.

The one thing I dont like is the shield logos they are using on the collars...its kind of standardizing and removing individual branding

I think I like it. Maybe it's similar to the Nike Elite dots they have for college basketball.

From Uni Watch:

Sounds like Miami.

Could also be Virginia Tech given the tOSU photo leaked earlier --- the other jersey in the photo appears to be Chicago Maroon and Orange, and the gloves could maybe make out the VT logo.

You can see that collar shield on Ohio State, Texas, and here on FSU's Pro Combat uniforms. So I guess every team that uses Pro Combat will have that. Looks like the jersey to the right with the gradient in the OSU photo is orange and black...so....Oklahoma State?

FSU.png

"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must outrun the slowest gazelle or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle. When the sun comes up, you'd better be running." - Unknown | 🌐 Check out my articles on jerseys at Bacon Sports 🔗
spacer.png

From Uni Watch:

The uniform will be all-white with some kind of gradient checkerboard fade on the sleeves and pants. The helmet will be white with that checkerboard fade and the school logo. The gloves will have a [one part of the school's logo] on the left-hand palm and [the other part of the logo] on the other hand, so when they're combined they make the full logo.

Sounds like Miami.

You can see that collar shield on Ohio State, Texas, and here on FSU's Pro Combat uniforms. So I guess every team that uses Pro Combat will have that. Looks like the jersey to the right with the gradient in the OSU photo is orange and black...so....Oklahoma State?

I'm thinking it's maroon and orange. looks a lot like Virginia Tech colors to me.

I think someone may have mentioned this...

BROWNS | BUCKEYES | CAVALIERS | INDIANS |

These all look fantastic so far. Some times they push too far, but Nike does an absolutely fantastic job pushing both the physical and visual design of sports uniforms. In the end, we're better off with their progress.

I would assume this ProCombat will eventually become the norm in the same way that SOD has become the norm in CBB.

Guess Nike really wanted to hammer home the point about scarlet and GRAY didn't they???

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

well heres the full uniform

Throwback.jpg

not too shabby but i was hoping they would do something with the pants like they did with FSU

That is going to cause a riot in Columbus. People will not like this one bit. I bet they never wear them more than once.

And, I thought these were supposed to be throwbacks.

PvO6ZWJ.png

So its Texas, OSU, and FSU so far.. Did you say there is 10 school wearing alts? Wonder who the other 7 are.

I need to go back to the store here in Springfield. They've had these dark grey Nike tshirts. There were around ten different schools. A lot of them, but not all, had shields on them exactly like the ones on the front collar of these new jerseys. I can't remember all of the schools. The only ones I can remember that haven't been leaked are Oklahoma, Florida, Illinois, and maybe USC.

I tried searching all over the Internet for these shirts, but can't find them anywhere. I'm wondering if the store put them out for sale before they were supposed to.

Also, if the teams selected were because of rivalry week, I would have to believe Alabama would be one of the teams. Auburn and Alabama is a pretty big rivalry.

Throwback.jpg

Having seen that...here's what the actual 1954 uniforms look like...whether or not this is the set OSU's Pro Combat getup was "inspired" by is anyone's guess:

Ar0390900.gif

Make of that what you wish.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

So its Texas, OSU, and FSU so far.. Did you say there is 10 school wearing alts? Wonder who the other 7 are.

Piecing together information from different sites I came up with this:

Ok - so we have the following:

1. OU

2. Florida State

3. Ohio State

4. Texas

5. Florida

6. Virginia Tech

I've heard TCU may also be included (vs. Utah). I can't imagine schools like Miami and Oregon not being included. That would make 9 plus either KState or Colorado vs. Nebraska to round out the 10.

Archived