Week 9 NFL Unis

njmeadowlanders

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm stoked about them, I'm not as big on this as I am the 79 ones or even into the early 90s. But these were awesome to see and I really think they should be used seldomly so it doesn't deminish the valve of throwback heritage . But I would be totally be down for a modernized unis with all the modern colors and logos just switching the Buc Red for "creamsicle and replace the orange in the home uniform with buc red?? Ideas opinons ??

#DTWD #GoJaguars

I like the all white with the white socks the Redskins are sporting today as the road uni instead of white over the maroon with maroon socks.

The Redskins looked like they played today...bad.

It's time this team went back to wearing the uniform as it was intended to be worn...and not treated as a mix and match set at the players discretion. This team in no way resembles the 1979 Pirates; they shouldn't be allowed to play with their uniforms as if they were.

is New Orleans going to wear a throwback this year? I know they did a few times this decade, so I assumed they would this year considering everyone else is.

This has been asked several times in the N.O. newspaper's regular "Mailbag" feature and as far as the beat reporters know, there are no plans to wear throwbacks or the gold alt this season. Very disappointing since I think they have one of the best throwbacks in the league.

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

Bucs jerseys look more "pastel" than they used to.

They are, they are based on the original 1976 unis that were more pastel, but were changed in 77 or sometime after.

That's correct - per the info in the thread on the creamsicles the original orange shade was only worn once (including the striped socks) for a pre-season game against Miami. They were deemed to difficult to see the numbers from the pressbox (remember the old stadium had a very high/far from the field press box) and on good old analog 1976 TV so they were never worn again that season; just the white jerseys (with almost equally hard to read light orange numbers with red borders) were worn. I only remember seeing one or two Bucs games in 1976; probably when they played the Steelers or Bengals.

They changed in 1977 by slightly darkening the orange jersey - it became closer in color to the orange helmet stripe and pants stripe - and by switching the numbers on the white jersey to red numbers with orange borders. The face masks were always orange; they might have darkened them up a little bit in 1977 as well.

so this was the first week i've seen the 49ers play in their downdated uniforms...

the pants look horrible. the helmets have this really gorgeous gold shine to them. they look like they're really made of gold. then they wear it with what looks like mustard colored sweatpants.

the titans columbia blue looked more metallic than 49er gold. and that makes very little sense to me.

The Bucs looked gorgeous. It's a shame I was too young to appreciate them back when they wore them. They really did everything right yesterday, both during the game and as far as doing everything they cant to make the throwback week a success. The orange accents all over the stadium, orange walls, the retro endzone text, the helmet at midfield, all great touches.

What I don't understand is why they based the uniforms off the lighter 1976 jerseys when they honored the 1979 team (our first to make the playoffs) at halftime, specifically Lee Roy Selmon. (Though I guess he was drafted in 1976.)

3834694136_f375c335e2_o.jpg3833900697_df7864756a_o.jpg

The Bucs looked gorgeous. It's a shame I was too young to appreciate them back when they wore them. They really did everything right yesterday, both during the game and as far as doing everything they cant to make the throwback week a success. The orange accents all over the stadium, orange walls, the retro endzone text, the helmet at midfield, all great touches.

What I don't understand is why they based the uniforms off the lighter 1976 jerseys when they honored the 1979 team (our first to make the playoffs) at halftime, specifically Lee Roy Selmon. (Though I guess he was drafted in 1976.)

My guess is that it just wasn't that big of a deal. Most people are probably unaware that there were more then one set of creamsicle uniforms. The fans and players wanted to throwback to the old set, and they just picked one and went with it, with most people none the wiser that it wasn't the '79 set.

All about history. They wanted to honor the roots...where it all began. I, for one, am so glad they did! (It holds special nostalgic value to us Buccaneer fanatics, ya know???)

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

The Broncos oranges are far superior to their navy blue jerseys. If they drop the blue jerseys then they only need one set of white pants and it ties into the team's history while continuing to look modern in today's NFL despite the design of the uniforms being over a decade old. This is a top ten look IMO.

PvO6ZWJ.png

The Broncos orange are far superior to their navy blue jerseys. If they drop the blue jerseys then they only need one set of white pants and it ties into the team's history while continuing to look modern in today's NFL despite being over the design of the uniforms being over a decade old. This is a top ten look IMO.

+1. Bring back the orange full time Denver! The AFC West needs more colour!

Archived