If Nike Ruled the NBA & NFL

jgsmith725

with the new templates that have come out with nike procombat and nike sod templates, I am working on a new concept of what would pro jerseys look like with nike procombat and nike sod concepts. Post your concept here as well. I hope to have mine up by tomorrow.

I bring to you the Nike Chicago Bulls, I liked the Ohio State layout and went from that. I would like for everyone else to post a concept for the NBA or NFL as well.

ChicagoBulls09NikeSODConcept.jpg

appsiggold.png

Very sharp.

You have been here since 2005 and this is the best you can do for some C & C ?

Yeah, because what you posted is so much better.

Not a fan of the Bulls uniforms. The way the stripes just ends at an angle like that on the shorts is terrible looking. Perhaps it could work for a team that has stripes or a design at something other than a vertical angle, but not for the Bulls.

As for the Colts, yeah Nike would do something like that: stripes that start from the middle of the pants and a terrible name and number font.

Accurate renditions of what Nike would do to the Bulls and Colts if they had the power to in my opinion so well done even though I am not a fan of the designs.

Accurate renditions of what Nike would do to the Bulls and Colts if they had the power to in my opinion so well done even though I am not a fan of the designs.

Agreed. The renderings are well done, but Nike's designs are terrible. The patchwork design of their football jersey looks foolish.

The San Diego Chargers.

pct-1.png

I know everyone has a hard on for the powder blue, but I really like navy and yellow and wanted to give a kind of Dan Fouts era feel. The bolt on the jersey wraps around the back under the numbers.

If anyone wants this template just ask.

The San Diego Chargers.

pct-1.png

I know everyone has a hard on for the powder blue, but I really like navy and yellow and wanted to give a kind of Dan Fouts era feel. The bolt on the jersey wraps around the back under the numbers.

The Fouts era Chargers (whose unis I also prefer) were royal blue, not navy blue, and they certainly would not have worn black shoes in those days, since black shoes make ... you ... look ... sssssllllooowwwww.

I like most of this, but the bolts really need to somehow be on the shoulders (like they have now, only better done). I'd probably outline the gold numbers in white too.

Packers-2.png

colts

117ryiq.png

If the Colts collided with the Cowboys' practice jerseys, this is what they'd get.

I mostly like this, particularly the return of the blue pants.

The facemask needs to not be gray. And I realize the Gods of Consistency will smite me for this, but the colored bicep panels on white jerseys look much better than the white bicep panels on colored jerseys.

I think the number font is wrong for the Colts, though not necessarily wrong for this kind of concept.

Packers-2.png

The San Diego Chargers.

pct-1.png

dan fouts was not the first thing i thought when i saw this. i immediately thought of Michigan Wolverines. Im sorry but i do not like this concept at all.

the colts one i'm not particular about because i associate royal blue with them. now if they were for the Dallas Cowboys then yeah, it would look great but horrible for the colts.

so far a bowl of fail.

islandersscroll.gif

Spoilers!

Sorry man, I'm all for constructive criticism, but I don't think that calling these designs a "bowl of fail" helps anyone.

I should have known not to make a broad statement about the Dan Fouts uniforms, particularly in this place. I was born after the Dan Fouts era and as such only have pictures, not deeply entrenched memories as I'm sure many of you have. Most of the pictures I looked at seemed to be navy, but I suppose it's royal blue. To clarify: this concept started off as a reimagining of the previous uniforms of the Chargers, but then I thought the yellow pants and numbers (of the Dan Fouts era, and of Michigan as stated) looked great. To say that I wanted a Dan Fouts era feel was an assumption on my part that the colors of the uniforms were the same during the two eras.

That being said, here's an update:

pct2.png

Obviously the yellow has been turned down a bit. The yellow numbers and bolts now have an outline. I didn't originally have shoulder bolts (perhaps blasphemy for the Chargers!) because I wanted to put the bolts on the sleeve, because that was something that was done on several Pro Combat teams for college- integration of the sleeve into the design. With both it looked cluttered so I left the sleeves blank.

The problem with the Bulls uniform is that IMO, the "diamond" on the ends of their shorts has become their trademark. Due to the simpleness of the rest of the uniform, that really stands out to me as being uniquly "bulls". I don't think I've ever seen any other team with that kind of pattern. It'd be a shame for it to be lost in a redesign. There should be a way to redesign the rest of the uniform without losing such an identifying detail.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Archived